Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't glyph Havoc unless your raid really, really struggles with Infernals - and I really can't see not enough damage on them being the issue at this stage. The issue will be separating them or dealing with them in combo with other abilities. You can exploit Havoc on cooldown way too much in p1&2 (and 3) to equip that glyph for what will effectively amount to benefit 1 maybe 2 waves of Infernals at the end of the encounter.

Yes, a caution about Havoc Glyph.... Getting agro on two infernals can end very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchatized View Post
    Historically we've been great on boss damage and struggle somewhat on getting adds done; way back with heroic archi progression, we had problems with infernals and I can only assume the same will be true this go around. I think I've settled on destruction. Is glyph of havoc a good pickup on this fight regardless of the situation? Saw it mentioned up above by Bacon.
    Generally speaking the glyph is entirely to maximize infernal dmg, which is honestly one of the only things that havoc really matters for in that fight if you are the type of person who cares more about mechanics and killing the boss than your overall dmg.

Typically the glyph is going to be less overall dmg, though it depends on how well your guild is killing the adds. I've had points during farm where I got more dmg out of the glyphed version than the non-glyphed version, but generally speaking non-glyphed *should* be more overall dmg.

I haven't done progression on this fight since august though, so I'm not really sure what progression looks like these days with a maxed out ring and 740~ish ilvl. If your guilds slow at killing adds which is what it sounds like, then you'll probably get more overall without the glyph, but if you find yourself struggling with infernals having that glyph in is a fairly easy way to carry on them.

You shouldn't really struggle on infernals these days since guilds typically get maybe 3(?) total infernal sets max in the fight, but it can happen. Experiment and find whichever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    I wouldn't glyph Havoc unless your raid really, really struggles with Infernals - and I really can't see not enough damage on them being the issue at this stage. The issue will be separating them or dealing with them in combo with other abilities. You can exploit Havoc on cooldown way too much in p1&2 (and 3) to equip that glyph for what will effectively amount to benefit 1 maybe 2 waves of Infernals at the end of the encounter.
    I'd argue having the glyph means other people can put less focus into infernals later in the fight or you can can crutch poor infernal dmg which is where the havoc damage really matters. The cleaving in p1 / 2 is largely superfluous, you're not going to wipe because you didn't cleave a CB or an SB into the boss in p1/2, but you can fairly easily wipe to lack of infernal dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Yes, a caution about Havoc Glyph.... Getting agro on two infernals can end very badly.
    ^yeah... that can happen assuming people in your raid are asleep... soul shatter / shadowfury is your friend.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-01-12 at 05:20 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'd argue having the glyph means other people can put less focus into infernals later in the fight or you can can crutch poor infernal dmg which is where the havoc damage really matters. The cleaving in p1 / 2 is largely superfluous, you're not going to wipe because you didn't cleave a CB or an SB into the boss in p1/2, but you can fairly easily wipe to lack of infernal dmg.
    I would agree with that. My comment was definitely in reference to overall damage over the course of the encounter. There may still be some slight sticking points in phase 1 and 2, like getting Archimonde down to 85%, 70%, 40%, while killing a 2nd doomfire and a 2nd deathcaller quickly, where unglyphed Havoc can help. But I would say of all that, the Infernals are still definitely the biggest sticking point.

You've actually got me thinking to try the glyph now - even for p1&2.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    You've actually got me thinking to try the glyph now - even for p1&2.
    Can't hurt, I prefer it still tbh. Every once in a while I end up trying it without the glyph and feel like I'm not getting as much out of it because of how the fight flows in my raid. Usually don't get the opportunity to havoc deathcallers twice for instance because they die so quickly, which also makes it really hard to SB x3 because they melt when they're in execute. and *if* a proc decides to line up with the less frequent havocs then it gets pretty silly.

But that's just how my raid flows these days, in the past I was able to abuse unglyphed a lot more. Really gonna depend on peoples raids.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    We got our first kill last night so pretty happy.

The tip of using the Havoc Glyph was perfect also.
    Sure it may have been an overall DPS loss but it helped me during the trickier bits!
    Mainly:
    Phasing before 2nd Doomfire : burst was always way higher on pull because of this glyph
    Infernal DPS : Although the odd CB did not reach the intended target...

Plus sides were also rattling off 4-6 SB with Havoc on Boss during the last adds before ph3. (we used ring here also)

So big thanks for me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchatized View Post
    Guild is about to start progression on Mythic Archimonde, and I'm wondering if anyone who has downed it has any pro tips to get better output/cheese. I'm the lone warlock on the raid team and we have a super heavy AOE/cleave comp.
    if you have a retardedly good aoe/cleave comp go aff and tunnel the boss, you won't even be able to utilize destro when everyone is cleaving like mad butchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    if you have a retardedly good aoe/cleave comp go aff and tunnel the boss, you won't even be able to utilize destro when everyone is cleaving like mad butchers.
    thats what happened on our Mannoroth tries/kills. Tried going demo, precasted cata perfectly every time, adds dead cos everyone are mass aoeing/cleaving, most of the times adds kept dying before first chaos wave even hit... Same goes for Archi, observe what your raid is doing, where are your mages placing crystals, how mele are using soul capacitors etc, then you will know which one to use

Deleted
    Try Sac Pact. It lines perfectly up with marks, not so much with lasers, but its still good because bulwark and sac pact will save you from getting blown up. Usually it absorbs about 2m dmg or sometimes 3m.

Been trying both specs and liking destro more. The havoc timings line up so well with add spawns

Use circle to get out of first shackles. Place it where your group will bring Archi to get out of shackle circles before pulling
    During the 57% hold phase to not push him for adds w wrought + shackles, cast gateway while stacked under the boss to get out of shackles.
    3rd shackles your circle will be back up.

Not much movement required then by using the above

Hello guys!
    We (and I) are a bit struggling on mythic archimonde progress, and I wanna call for your help.
    We are doing the 1 doomfire strat, but (yet) never reached 40%.
    If anyone have time, please take a look at our logs, and pls tell me how could I and we improve...In terms of DPS(for me) and in terms of strat if we doing something wrong/inefficiently.
    In the linked logs i ignored events after 2 players died, because we usually calls a wipe in that case.
    Thanks for your help in advance!
    (If any mods can allow me to post a link pls do it. )
    PS.:We are "Alliance of Destiny - Arathor" on the 7th of march by Rebbltje.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegri View Post
    Hello guys!
    We (and I) are a bit struggling on mythic archimonde progress, and I wanna call for your help.
    If anyone have time, please take a look at our logs, and pls tell me how could I and we improve...In terms of DPS(for me) and in terms of strat if we doing something wrong/inefficiently.
    In the linked logs i ignored events after 2 players died, because we usually calls a wipe in that case.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K8wNtPdg3X6r9j7R

There's a link to your logs. I'll go over them a little bit but wanted to put them here to possibly save someone else some time.

So I just checked out your 42% wipe since it was your longest and there's a couple of things I noticed. There are a few things you can do to boost your boss damage during phase 2 which will allow you to push the boss from 55% to the 40% transition when you run to the gate and use second ring (pushing right around the 2 minute 30 second mark). This means you don't need to deal with the wrought chaos which has chains+adds and it will also let you skip a deathcaller and an overfiend which means you'll have no adds up (except a couple of 20% dogs, possibly) going into the last phase and you're cutting p2 much shorter. Not having to deal with that wrought+chains+adds+extra deathcaller combo is a HUGE boost to consistency for p3 attempts as well as p3 damage.
    First thing you need to do is make sure people aren't running AWAY from the boss during chains. I see some people who look like they are running away from the boss during chains causing them to lose like 15 seconds of uptime on the boss (and I think one guy even missed part of the ring). Get people to stop doing this.
    If your tanks are able to stay alive just let passive cleave/executes kill off the deathcaller that spawns during p2 around 59ish percent. This will give you some more boss damage to push the phase faster. Do NOT do this if it's causing tank deaths, even if it's just 1 in every 5 pulls since it'll be a net loss in terms of consistency and you don't want that.
    The biggest thing that'll help you push boss DPS is the use of your second ring. When you break your second st of chains (right about 55%) just have everyone stack up on the boss, use ring and CDs and push boss damage hard while letting your good AoE classes kill off all the adds. Make sure EVERY add is dead before the ring explodes. In your 42% wipe the ring hit a bunch of adds and took the boss from like 50% to 48%. If it doesn't hit any of these adds the ring explosion can easily take the boss from 50% to like 43-44% and at that point you just stay right where you are, do not break the set of chains that comes and push the boss before wrought chaos.

It looks like you have the DPS to do this fairly comfortably if you fix those few issues. Doing this will help you get into p3 more consistently since it just eliminates all the hard parts of phase 2.

If you can make the p1 push without your warriors being fury just have them go arms, it is much better overall on this fight while being slightly worse on the p1 push.
    Last edited by Octa; 2016-03-08 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegri View Post
    Hello guys!
    The only problems I see is the good dps is good and bad dps is bad, also the 2nd shackles is where youre falling apart because you guys are trying to push it and not looking at the boss health vs your dps. Just do 2nd shackle proper and you will get to 3rd phase. Even if you get a 3rd shackle you should just do it properly until your raid leader get a feel for if you can push it to 40 before shackles break.

I would throw some dots up on the adds. It's very few GCDs for you to do a bit more damage on them, and when those adds die faster others can focus on the boss as well. Fast soul swaps and draining on them as they die will get those shards back. Afflic is more comfortable than destro for me, but on Archi destro felt much better to use to burn down priority adds and burst harder when needed. Could try the heirloom trinket too. Should do more w the +10% with ring and lust burst on pull

Other notes
    Both warriors should be arms and can super cleave off fire/doomcaller and archi the entire time in P1&2. Right now all theyre doing is just straight tunneling boss as fury. One warr swapped to arms in some but damage still seems ultra low from both of them. First glance it just looks like neither of them like to hit execute that much and both are taking storm bolt with blade storm... WTF. If you need AoE you take BS + dragon roar, and you never take bladestorm for 1-2 target which they are doing. Some super basic warrior concepts theyre failing at