Deleted

Why is garbage like this considered "intellectual"?

"Carbon fiber masculinity: Disability and surfaces of homosociality"

Link to the website: http://research.gold.ac.uk/11135/

In this paper I am concerned with instances in which carbon fiber extends performances of masculinity that are attached to particular kinds of hegemonic male bodies. In examining carbon fiber as a prosthetic form of masculinity, I advance three main arguments. Firstly, carbon fiber can be a site of the supersession of disability that is affected through masculinized technology. Disability can be ‘overcome’ through carbon fiber. Disability is often culturally coded as feminine (Pedersen, 2001; Meeuf, 2009; Garland-Thompson 1997). Building on this cultural construction of disability as feminine, in and as a technology of masculine homosociality (Sedgwick, 1985), carbon fiber reproduced disability as feminine when carbon fiber prosthetic lower legs allowed Oscar Pistorius to compete in the non-disabled Olympic games. Secondly, I argue that carbon fiber can be a homosocial surface; that is, carbon fiber becomes both a surface extension of the self and a third party mediator in homosocial relationships, a surface that facilitates intimacy between men in ways that devalue femininity in both male and female bodies. I examine surfaces as material extensions of subjectivity, and carbon fiber surfaces as vectors of the cultural economies of masculine competition to which I refer. Thirdly, the case of Oscar Pistorius is exemplary of the masculinization of carbon fire, and the associated binding of a psychic attitude of misogyny and power to a form of violent and competitive masculine subjectivity. In this article I explore the affects, economies and surfaces of what I call ‘carbon fiber masculinity’ and discusses Pistorius’ use of carbon fiber, homosociality and misogyny as forms of protest masculinity through which he unconsciously attempted to recuperate his gendered identity from emasculating discourses of disability.
    Seriously, is 2015 the year SJWs went full retard? What the hell does this even mean? It's pure nonsense that 100% useless.

Also: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1...X.2015.1017394

This article examines material economies of carbon fibre as a prosthetic form of masculinity.
    WTF is up with these pseuds and their word salads and more importantly why are people paying them to write this nonsense? Just go postmodernist essay generator and presto manifesto.

http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/

It's mental masturbation. Why use words in common usage when a ten-cent thesaurus find will do?

On occasion obscure language is required to make a precise point, but far too often people simply plug in extra syllables to give their arguments an impression of impenetrability.

They are being paid for by the "SJW"-type people. They have to generate this sort of research.

Is that a troll science article? There's a group of pranksters who troll the science community.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't start threads just to bash people you disagree with over something. Locking this here.