Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    no, seems you cannot read a bit of text and i am not your bro, Mr. Mouseclicker.

In short i am using arena focus 1,2,3 and battleground targets in rbgs, enemy tab button in random pvp and it works everytime i might add instantly, must be magic, having no trouble at all to find my target in 1 sec without clicking there as usually there is no target to call out for in unrated pvp.

I still do not necessarly need nameplates to be able to target anything, it might be needed to see behind obstacles, but i almost play this game with eyes closed because i play since arenas came out in BC. Saying your problems here aren't my problems.
    Someone please kill this guy. 13yr old "omg i r ze bestest, i play BC now i r too god, no need nameplate, u r nab u click on target, y u no use tab enemy?? hurr durrr" go kill yourself dude trying to sound interesting, if you can play without nameplates that's good for you, but you are a minority since 99% of high rated players play with nameplates, and 99% of pvpers play with nameplates too because IT IS OPTIMAL!!! if you can do without good for you, no need to let us know how godly you are without nameplates and trying to force us into your opinions. Those are the times where i wish my hand can go through my PC and outside of yours to slap you in the face like the annoying person you are.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-01-26 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be better to remove the health bars instead of the nameplates?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Id be fine with terrain obscuring nameplates (if you cant see their toon, you shouldnt be able to click on their nameplate, sure) but otherwise? No. would be unplayable. A land of Goblins and Gnomes as far as the eye could see, with Noggenfogger.
    What he said ^

I think it could actually be pretty cool if nameplates were hidden behind terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by NoThreeButtons View Post
    Someone please kill this guy. 13yr old "omg i r ze bestest, i play BC now i r too god, no need nameplate, u r nab u click on target, y u no use tab enemy?? hurr durrr" go kill yourself dude trying to sound interesting, if you can play without nameplates that's good for you, but you are a minority since 99% of high rated players play with nameplates, and 99% of pvpers play with nameplates too because IT IS OPTIMAL!!! if you can do without good for you, no need to let us know how godly you are without nameplates and trying to force us into your opinions. Those are the times where i wish my hand can go through my PC and outside of yours to slap you in the face like the annoying person you are.
    U mad?

This is sweet and makes me happy - seems i won this round of PvP on a discussion board?

No further arguing needed here, with the amount of addons for efficent targeting as well as using actual BUTTONS, Nameplates have their uses, but are simply not required. Or maybe they are for the new generations of players, that use a mouse instead of a keyboard and focusmacros, some do not even find enemy tab button, too, because of their mouseclicking ways.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-01-26 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobie View Post
    Gnomes.

Gnomes everywhere...
    This 100%

All the small races will dominate their faction. Gnomes will dominate Alliance and Goblins the Horde. Too bad Gnome racials >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goblins which means tons of people will go to Alliance for PvP like they have been and create an even greater population imbalance.

Terrible idea.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    U mad?

This is sweet and makes me happy - seems i won this round of PvP on a discussion board?

No further arguing needed here, with the amount of addons for efficent targeting as well as using actual BUTTONS, Nameplates have their uses, but are simply not required. Or maybe they are for the new generations of players, that use a mouse instead of a keyboard and focusmacros, some do not even find enemy tab button, too, because of their mouseclicking ways.
    What do you do when you're in a melee scrum and you're trying to execute that one enemy who's dropped low?

You can't reliably tab target to that particular enemy. Hell, without enemy nameplates you wouldn't even necessarily know that enemy was low in the first place.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What do you do when you're in a melee scrum and you're trying to execute that one enemy who's dropped low?

You can't reliably tab target to that particular enemy. Hell, without enemy nameplates you wouldn't even necessarily know that enemy was low in the first place.
    why can't i use battlegroundtargets for rbgs where this actually matters? I actually play with nameplates too currently, but its not required, also there is focus my focus target, so easy to use.....

tabing with lightnign speed with multiple tab buttons is easy too. I don't use just 1 tab button.

Atleast 4-8 buttons on my keyboard are just for targeting, crowded places=bgt. Nameplates useful in random bgs with bgt off and wpvp. not required at all in rated pvp when it comes to targeting people, but improves awareness a little bit.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-01-26 at 03:28 AM.

Noggenfoggers would be a necessity. I use them anyways because there are occasionally people who don't have nameplates turned on. Plus, it's harder for people to see when I pop cooldowns.

Tidy Plates to the rescue!!!
    Swear by this add on, easily one of my favorites