Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is smarter? Tony Stark or Fitz?

Who is smarter? Tony Stark or agent fitz? What about fitzsimmons combined
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'd say Tony. Though Fitz unarguably is a genius, he just doesn't seem to know much outside of his work, same with Simmons. Where as Tony is an analytical fiend when it comes to almost everything he's involved in. I'm pretty sure Fitz could try to make a Jarvis, and maybe succeed, but not on the same scale as Tony. Simmons is mostly genetic science I believe? Where as tony has proven he knows a little about this, but not much, Simmons outshines him in that aspect.

No contest, it's Stark, who isn't even the smartest in the Marvel Universe.

Fitz is a lab geek, Stark is a Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

That doesn't say who's smarter, but it says that Stark has much more knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Fitz is a lab geek, Stark is a Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

That doesn't say who's smarter, but it says that Stark has much more knowledge.
    But alot of Stark's fortune came from his father. His father started the company.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Fitz is good in a lab. Stark creates a new element in his spare time then nukes Hydra.

Stark seems to master all forms of science in 24 hours when needed
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    "It's impossibly to synthesize," says the AI supercomputer.

"Lol," says Tony Stark.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stark is best at the things he is goid at but Fitz is a better all round knowledge.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Fitz seems better at figuring things out. Give him a problem and he will come up with a solution. Stark is more inventive. He is much better at coming up with new ideas and then making those ideas a reality. Hard to say who is actually smarter since they each excel in different areas, but I would give the edge to Stark.

Stark built a miniature arc reactor in a day..two? Out of scrap.

Iron Man suit, and Ultron initiative was an beginning attempt to give the world a global defense system.
    In the 2nd Avenger movie, he helped create the Vision.

And that's just a small beginning.

But if we look at the comic books then the comparison isn't even close. (Stark is the iconic "futurist.")
    There are better comparisons.

Reed Richards is a genius off the scale right there with Victor vonDoom. Henry Pym, and Bruce Banner. Stark fits in well with this group...but it's not a comfortable fit in my opinion. If there was a scale I'd posit him after Doom and Richards, but above Pym and Banner.

Stark > Fitz

There isn't even a debate on that i mean seriously ?
    Stark is in the league of Pym/Richards/Doom/Banner/Whiplash

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Stark > Fitz

There isn't even a debate on that i mean seriously ?
    Stark is in the league of Pym/Richards/Doom/Banner/Whiplash
    Agreed, what has Fitz done that is on the same level as those guys? Stark is Ironman and continues to improve on his own technology, he made the ARC reactor too. Pym mastered the "Pym particle", enabling him to build a miniature prison to house shrunken inmates, he also invented and built Ultron. Richards made the costumes that the fantastic four wears that are adaptable to each wearer, he is also considered a computer genius able to crack programs and write algorithms others thought impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Agreed, what has Fitz done that is on the same level as those guys? Stark is Ironman and continues to improve on his own technology, he made the ARC reactor too. Pym mastered the "Pym particle", enabling him to build a miniature prison to house shrunken inmates, he also invented and built Ultron. Richards made the costumes that the fantastic four wears that are adaptable to each wearer, he is also considered a computer genius able to crack programs and write algorithms others thought impossible.
    To be fair Fitz is still quite young. It's totally possible he will reach those levels as well. We are talking about a comic book character with 50+ years of history vs. a character created for a TV series with less than three. If Fitz were a comic character I have a feeling he would eventually be on par with other Marvel comic geniuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    To be fair Fitz is still quite young. It's totally possible he will reach those levels as well. We are talking about a comic book character with 50+ years of history vs. a character created for a TV series with less than three. If Fitz were a comic character I have a feeling he would eventually be on par with other Marvel comic geniuses.
    Possibly but not all the time he is a sidekick, the three I mentioned are super heroes and Fritz needs to step up his game in order to compete. We already have a man in a tech suit, a man that can defy the laws of physics and a man that defies biology, Fitz needs a very unique gimmick to make his mark.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2016-01-10 at 06:41 PM.

in the words of mean/bald Jeff Bridges: "Tony Stark was able to build this [ARC reactor] in a cave! with nothing but scraps!". I rest my case.

Richards wouldn't have needed alien tech to create a portal to another world.
    And if he had alien tech, he probably would have made improvements on it.

Come to think of it, Doom would have likely done the same.

*sigh*

We won't see images like this anytime soon:

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Maria Hill: When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?

Tony Stark: Last night. The packet. Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Maria Hill: When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?

Tony Stark: Last night. The packet. Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?
    That doesn't imply to me a "mastery" of the science, so much as the proper application of science someone else did.

Tony Stark doesn't strike me as the sort of "universal" form of intelligence, so much as enough intelligence to acquire the knowledge for his pursuits, and the self-motivation to see his efforts to harvest. I think it is frequently shown that his first attempts usually go awry... but he keeps at it until they work.

A "natural born genius" in the superhero franchises... would never make mistakes. They're simply too smart and know everything without even needing to read the report.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    But alot of Stark's fortune came from his father. His father started the company.
    still Stark has to be smart enough not to dissolve it...personally I think becoming rich isn't a problem but staying rich is..it's easy to give in to temptation and lose everything