Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    I am insane. Insanely rich. Because my profit is 100%, yours is a pittance of the difference between what you spend and what you make.

But to each his/her own. I regularly farm mats, but I make a crapton of gold as well, I would be capped, but I actually spend the gold on things I like to have.
    Your profit isn't 100% because it costs you time to farm

Yes yes, I actually have things to do as I farm, I kill 2 with 1 stone. This is my nindo, my ninja way! I do things ingame instead of running to the forums to complain that there is nothing to do.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Surprising to see most posters here have at least a basic understanding of economics. Kudos.
    On the contrary, the opinions in this thread are mostly laughable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    You know these guys that sit all day in front of ah and if you try to sell a item that they sell aswel,then gl because he will instant undercutt you.

This guy have like 60-70 crafted items 6/6 in ah and sit all day to ensure he has the best price.

I find it unfair,everyone want to make some gold,not just the gredy guy.
    Undercutters are nothing compared to single posting sellers.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2016-01-16 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP needs to realize that his tears only fuel us AH people. I love hearing you guys cry as I rake in hundreds of thousands of gold per week
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    I am insane. Insanely rich. Because my profit is 100%, yours is a pittance of the difference between what you spend and what you make.

But to each his/her own. I regularly farm mats, but I make a crapton of gold as well, I would be capped, but I actually spend the gold on things I like to have.
    You're insanely rich but don't even have a goldcap? People who are insanely rich don't have anything to spend their 10+ goldcaps on, because they've bought pretty much everything while maintaining the goldcaps.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You're insanely rich but don't even have a goldcap? People who are insanely rich don't have anything to spend their 10+ goldcaps on, because they've bought pretty much everything while maintaining the goldcaps.
    Okay but you're talking about like 5 people total, and a whole lot of liars. Seriously the amount of people who have that much gold is so small it's not even worth mentioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Boo capitalism!
    Not really, in real capitalism there is no undercutting. Everything is overpriced, and prices never drop, they only go up.

I would find it more unfair if he could not undercut you exactly as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not really, in real capitalism there is no undercutting. Everything is overpriced, and prices never drop, they only go up.
    Where the hell did you study capitalism?

You know these guys that sit all day in front of ah and if you try to sell a item that they sell aswel,then gl because he will instant undercutt you.

This guy have like 60-70 crafted items 6/6 in ah and sit all day to ensure he has the best price.

I undercut anyone now thats on my list, if they dont match my prices tough they go on the list and they will get undercut every time and sell nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I would find it more unfair if he could not undercut you exactly as he does.

Where the hell did you study capitalism?
    Where the hell can you find a bottle of vodka for only 0.95 cents, when they usually go for over 15.00?

It's the name of the game OP!

I do wish the WoW auction house was more like Runescapes though.

I could also see there being a cooldown of sorts on posting/cancelling/re-posting, as a slight deterrent to the aggressive undercutters.

Deleted
    I'm a full time undercutter. I don't sell in bulk or crafted items because that's not what I do, I only need to make enough money to buy the next token so I just look for quick sales on anything that makes some money.

If you're actually trying to make a profit and failing on the AH, or even if you're struggling, the odds are you're going wrong somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about people who undercut by 1% or less. Anything more than 1% is stupid and devalues the item.

And people complain about Garrison gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Don't care about people who undercut by 1% or less. Anything more than 1% is stupid and devalues the item.
    We have a few idiots on my server who undercut by 50% on common consumables - flasks, pots, gems, etc. I just chuckle, buy their crap, and relist it at the appropriate price.

I think a lot of people are using auction add-ons and doing it really badly because it's the same people every single day. It's like they never check to see what the actual going price is for things. Still, I make money off of them so I can't complain.

Technically unless you have real life obligations for most of that day you could do the same thing. All it takes is sacrificing playing the other content in the game if you actually want to amass more gold faster. That is what I had to do when selling Nok mounts and had two other players either constantly undercutting in the Ah or in trade. You want gold on the AH you're going to have to sacrifice some of your play time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Ooops, sorry I don't meet your very specific definition of rich. I find that most people who brag about goldcaps have like 40-50k gold in virtual reality. Sorry, I am not gold capped, I hover around 600-700k. I just don't care enough to hit cap.

/roll eyes

Deleted
    It's a very common misconception that farming mats is worth more than buying the mats to craft the item. Actually it's exactly the same. Yes of course farming mats will net you more gold since you didn't have to buy them, but people forget to take into account the time spent when farming those mats. OP in particular is more interested in the crafting than the farming. The profit per crafting material (hexweave cloth for example) is always the same no matter whether you farm your secondary mats (sumptuous fur in this case) or buy them from the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I often sell stuff below the material price. Felblights are the only materials I actually pay for and selling the other cheap materials are too much work. I'm not buying herbs for the herb trader to craft and neither am I buying any other mats because I just buy them with GR from the Trading Post, so upgrade items require no other investments from me. Farming however is something I'll never bother with because time is more important than anything else because that's something I don't have a lot of.