Gliding In Core Tyria!

On guild chat today Colin talked about how next Tuesday we'll have a blog post from him going over many of the things we can expect out of them this year. As if that wasn't enough they also teased gliding in core Tyria!! Which is probably the most requested feature they have had since HoT launched, but I didn't expect to get

http://dulfy.net/2016/01/08/gw2-jan-...estream-notes/

10+ Year Old Account
    it's nice but... i dont see the freaking point of it, i mean, tyria wasnt build around height nor glider placements, maybe dry top but outside of that... okay i guess?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I'm excited because I won't die when I forget I can't glide and jump off huge cliffs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many times I leaped.
    So many times I tried to glide.
    So many times I forgot I was in Core Tyria.
    So many times I re-enacted Malchor's famous leap.

Sums up my reaction to this news.

I'll probably jump off the volcano, then forget about it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Gliding will pretty much null in void a lot of JP unless they make it a no gliding zone. Don't really see the point of gliding in main tyria.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Gliding in Tyria would be nice for the sake of traveling faster around certain zones (such as where a cliff exists, or a mob-dense area). Nice to have, but it's not exactly a game changer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Gliding will pretty much null in void a lot of JP unless they make it a no gliding zone. Don't really see the point of gliding in main tyria.
    I don't think so. It will just make the easy ones easier. A lot of the harder ones are vertical and within confined spaces. Gliding also requires that you have at least one lvl 80 thats spent some time in Maguuma. I wouldn't mind people who have invested a decent amount of time within the game to being able to do JPs slightly faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    it's nice but... i dont see the freaking point of it, i mean, tyria wasnt build around height nor glider placements, maybe dry top but outside of that... okay i guess?
    Can't tell you how many times I've died jumping from the bank in DR.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-01-10 at 09:39 AM.

I wonder if it'll be purely Maguuma Mastery based or it they'll add a new track. If so, I wonder if they'll add more Tyrian Mastery points.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because Mesmer portals don't already negate many jumping puzzles? I wouldn't expect them to do anything special to block jumping puzzles which can already be skipped through with portals. Also if feedback about jumping puzzles in the new zones is to be believed gliding actually makes those harder because sometimes the glider opens when you don't want it to.