Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Voice chat and the people I play with play a huge role in the enjoyment level of raiding for me. I'd suggest finding a good guild that you can joke and get along well with. I do agree having to raid on a set schedule does get tedious at times.

And yes, most of Blizzard's resources go into raiding. You are missing out on a lot by not raiding. There is always LFR but it's just not the same.

Playing with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Who could blame you?

I used to really enjoy raiding because I wanted all the loot and to top the meters. Now to me, raiding is just waiting for everyone else to stop fucking up; I don't have a lot of time for that, or at least it's not how I enjoy spending my time. Where I used to just eat sleep and play wow repeat it was fine to waste that much time on a video game. But now that I have more important things to do I can't even enjoy raiding.

So I don't and really that's okay and i don't think you are missing much. if you are that concerned about it, you could always save your gold and buy a carry.
    If other people fucking up is your main issue with raiding, why not find a better guild? Surely if you so outmatch your compatriots you shouldn't have much difficulty joining a more skilled guild.

Deleted
    It is much fun when all ppl are competitive with the raid, other wise i probable did the same

Killed my first "raid" boss in HFC normal 9/22. Currently sitting at 12/13M playing about 10 hours a week, (80-90% of my playtime is raiding). I had come back to WoW after taking a long break with pretty much no BRD/HM kills at all. Found it pretty easy to run some BGs get some gear, and hop into a guild.
    Anyways, I was talking to a friend who has played from the start of the expansion and is at 5/13M. It turns out he raids 3 nights a week x 4 hours or about 50% more hours than I do, yet he is still stuck on the earlier part of the content.

The point I'm trying to make is that, @ this point in the expac a commitment of 10 hours a week can get you far. My personal goal is to clear all mythic content before Legion, as such I commit about 8-10 hours a week to playing the game. DPS will increase as you get more gear, so find a guild with raid times that fit your schedule. The cool thing about this game is that so many people play that you will definitely find a group that has similar time preferences to you. I've seen everything from late night 12-3am guilds to early morning 6-10am guilds, so you can find something. Most guilds that are early in progression (late heroics/early mythic) don't even care if you don't show up to raid half the time, as long as you are playing at 100% when you do raid with them.
    Good luck and I hope you find a good group to roll with!

I like raiding sortof... It's alright, I don't like spending hours on raid day progressing to end up with a repair bill and no loot.

It's is however fun to be challenged and complete the set tasks each boss involves, and working as a team to down the content.

LFR is great for people like me and you OP... we get to see the content with zero commitment.

OP: a big rush in raiding is when an encounter "clicks". Your group has been banging its head against the boss, making incremental progress, and then suddenly it's like some obstacle has fallen away and the boss just melts. Of course this only happens when you're raiding with a consistent group from week to week, not in LFR or ephemeral PUGs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by oo0 View Post
    Hi, I've been playing WoW for almost 2 years and I tried getting into raiding more than 10 times now but I just don't understand what's fun about it and why so many people like it. I love every other aspect of the game: PvP, dungeons, RP and even pet battles but for some reason I hate raiding. At first I thought it may be because of the difficulty but after trying heroic I realized it's not it.

I know I could just ignore it because after all it's just one aspect of the game among many others but it feels like I'm missing a lot of content and maybe with the right mindset I could learn to like raiding.
    Did you do a pug heroic raid? If so thats why.

Why raiding is fun:

1) Competition - You compete against other guilds to get kills earlier than them. This is especially fun when you have an active realm and are a competitive guild on that realm, and more so even if you race as a top end guild.

You also compete against other players in your guilds on the meters as a dps and a healer, and against other players all over the world using warcraftlogs. Each week you can improve your performance by the numbers - this keeps farming interesting.

2) The Social Experience - Raiding is a social event, and people who stick with it enjoy it often because they become great friends with the people in their raid. Getting together with everyone in the guild and downing bosses together is a team building exercise, there is nothing like putting 300 wipes into a boss for a few weeks to a month and then seeing that boss drop, all the tension between everyone, the effort put into solving the problems and then it finally dies.

3) The Prestige - Being highly geared, having the rare mounts early or just in general, cutting edge feats, and being known for being in a good guild and being a great player in your class it feels like an honor.

-------

Some raiding experiences provide different levels of each of those, some raiders care about one aspect but not another. If you find little interest in any of those aspects you probably aren't someone who can raid consistently with a guild. If you just want to see content then you can LFR, but just know it isn't the same as actually downing the final mythic boss in the tier with a group of 20-25 other players who for the most part stick with the guild and you get to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    If other people fucking up is your main issue with raiding, why not find a better guild? Surely if you so outmatch your compatriots you shouldn't have much difficulty joining a more skilled guild.
    Except everyone thinks they never fuck up and everyone else does all the time. You'll see this in any guild ranging from the top guild to the worst - they can clearly see the 20 times some guy caused wipes but then blank over the fact that they too have wiped the guild 14 times on that same boss - they'll be bitching in Mumble until you point out all the times they have caused wipes, etc.

But I agree if the guild he is in is obviously less skilled than him and it makes him unhappy to progress that slowly then find a better guild. Nothing wrong with moving up the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    All the interests listed by the OP are solo activities that he/she can do without being good at dps/healing/tanking. Those interests doesn't require one to be good at those things so it's a fun solo adventure.

Edit: not insinuating anything except they enjoy solo play.
    This is kinda true other than the ''can do without being good at dps/healing/tanking''. I do arena which requires more class knowledge than anything.

Now that I think about it, what I love is being able to solo everything I do. Even in dungeons I prefer to heal or tank because it feels like I can carry harder than being 1 out of the 3 DPS. Sometimes I go to orgrimmar alone just to kill people and when other alliance start to help me or invite me to their group, I leave.

Pretty weird I guess since this is an MMO after all. I still like having a social guild I can talk to but that's about it.

Deleted
    LFR is not raiding. It requires no teamwork, skill or knowledge of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    Except everyone thinks they never fuck up and everyone else does all the time. You'll see this in any guild ranging from the top guild to the worst - they can clearly see the 20 times some guy caused wipes but then blank over the fact that they too have wiped the guild 14 times on that same boss - they'll be bitching in Mumble until you point out all the times they have caused wipes, etc.

But I agree if the guild he is in is obviously less skilled than him and it makes him unhappy to progress that slowly then find a better guild. Nothing wrong with moving up the ladder.
    I was trying to highlight this possibility in my original post, just in a snide, passive-aggressive way.

I think the guild and group of people make the big difference. LFR is the most boring thing for me. The most fun I ever had raiding was with a group of people who became my good friends. We also had a rival guild that we were trying to progess faster than. That made every boss kill so exciting when it was new content. My best advice is find a guild that has raiding times that you like, but also a social group you enjoy spending your time with (only if you are trying to get into it).

I know you said you did heroics. If it was just a pug then the experience is similar to LFR (just maybe a lot more frusterating if you dont have a good group). But the guild and social aspect is a big conributer to the fun for me.

If you have friends in the game, raid with them. Otherwise, raiding isn't that great unless you enjoy most of the people you raid with.