Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb For you, what is the worst gameplay aspect of GW2?

Hello champions! Good to see you today. So, for you, what is the worst gameplay aspect of GW2?

Is it the PvP? The overall combat? The dynamic event system? Bosses? Auction House? Dungeons? Gliding?

For me, I dislike the PvP progression (if there is any, to be fair). I love PvP in GW2, but the progression is kinda meh.

And you?

No offense but is this game still alive?

When I played it (1000 years ago), the insanely boring pve "endgame" (i.e. no content at all) was my turnoff that eventually made me stop playing it...

HOT zones
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post

When I played it (1000 years ago), the insanely boring pve "endgame" (i.e. no content at all) was my turnoff that eventually made me stop playing it...
    I mean, it's very much still alive. Probably not as many players as WoW, but still a good solid handful considering it just has a box price and no subscription so players can come and go as they please.

On topic: It was the idea of grinding out so much work and spending so much time on something that was purely cosmetic as the end game. Something struck me as odd when I found myself not becoming more powerful as I spent time grinding toward cosmetic item sets and working toward my first Legendary. It was jarring, really. The point where I realized that I'm literally spending my time doing repetitive unfun tasks for shiny particles that glow a certain way.

To me, the lack of end game progression made the end game grind toward cosmetics all the more unbearable, especially when the first guides to getting all the items for a legendary released and I was literally at awe for the amount of work Arena Net expected groups of players to do. There is just something about MMO's that doesn't work when you're primarily focused on cosmetic rewards instead of player progression rewards.

Other than that, the leveling experience was fucking amazing, probably the best level up experience I've had in a game and something I bring myself to repeat here and there. The world is what is amazing about GW2, but the problem with that is once you've seen the world you have to wait for them to make more world or wait for yourself to forget parts of the world you've already done.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

For me the worst aspect is all the platforming.

I have no great interest or love in action games; action games with an emphasis on jumping about terrain even less so.

It is one of the most popular western MMORPGs in active live development.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing about gw2 is the fact that you never feel powerful. I just dinged 80 on my thieve, outfitted him in full exotics, and allmost every single fight costs me at least 50% HP. Especially now in HoT. And this goes for a lot of classes. Pretty much all enemies in the game deal too much damage.

Also, endgame progression. Once you hit full ascended, you will never become stronger.

Deleted
    The worst aspect is the way they've handed "end-game" gear. I really hate ascended gear being so exceedingly rare from drops such that you basically have to craft it. I've been playing very casually since launch, and that's been fun for me, but now raids are here and I can't participate because I'm still using only exotic items. I don't have the time or desire to keep map hopping and gathering all the different woods, ores, cloths and leathers you need to get multiple full sets of ascended gear.

I did not play very long but a big issue I had was with how underwhelming being a Necromancer felt. Maybe it got better at a higher level but I couldn't be bothered to get that far when it bored me so early on. I think the Elementalist also felt the same way but I gave that less of a chance than the Necromancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    The worst thing about gw2 is the fact that you never feel powerful. I just dinged 80 on my thieve, outfitted him in full exotics, and allmost every single fight costs me at least 50% HP.
    What specs are you running? I feel very tanky these days running Daredevil w/ Unhindered Combatant, Signet of Malice, and Invigorating Precision from the Critical Strikes line. Self healing is insane, good condi-cleanse from DD and then 10% damage reduction from UC. You lose a lil' damage, but it's totally worth it to be able to stand toe to toe with anything in 'zerker gear. If you need CC for the HoT zones (which you do) grab Tripwire; that + Basilisk Venom (or one of the physical skills that stun such as Bandit's Defense) can break most CC bars pretty comfortably.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-01-09 at 01:38 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enemy habilities. Sometimes never know what the heck is happening in a battle. Couple that with high latency, and you have a dead Charr very quick.

Jumping puzzles and platforming. I'm playing an MMO, not a super mario game.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Probably just the poor balance. The current sPvP meta isn't fun, even if you're playing one of the meta classes.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account

GW2 has raids now and specializations that are more fun than usual, but they did kill all previous builds so it's good & bad.

I agree with Fencers the platforming is too over done in GW2 and can be very annoying even though I've done every JP in the game and am so used to it to the point I can't fathom people not being able to finish the halloween or christmas JP, just goes to show how many I've done I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Probably just the poor balance. The current sPvP meta isn't fun, even if you're playing one of the meta classes.
    Pvp is so bad right now that it's not even worth playing other than to queue on my thief and watch people rage that they have such a horrible, useless class in their party lol xD
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2016-01-09 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me: For every piece of shit, you have to switch gear and utilities/specializations. It wouldn't be so annoying if they implement some mechanic to store specs and gear to switch via a simple button.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This. I was always more of a PvPer. I gave ANet until start of leagues to patch the mess which was elite specializations + Revenant. When they did NOTHING and the league implementation was a complete joke, I quit.

I want to go back, but given ANet's track record on PvP balance and systems getting worse rather than better, I'm not very optimistic.

The store and the soft push to use it (limited bag slots, etc). I'd rather pay a sub fee than watch a game try to persistently get me to open my wallet.

IMO, the platforming aspects is one of the strongest points of this game. If it were more traditional, it wouldn't be all that worth playing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have time to play the TP you can make easy gold for gems (a good way is to farm chests on sw), rather be able to get gems for gold than just buying it or paying a sub fee, even pay2play mmo's shove the cash shop down your throat... and you have to pay cash only for it, no way to convert gold into currency for those items.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Collections and that sort of grind. They use them for nearly everything now, and many of the things you're getting are just arbitrary barely attached items designed to increase grind. Horologicus required the Machined Shield, which is it's own grind! The Order backpacks too, lots of just "earn tokens by repeating events" items.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    getting the machined gear isnt even THAT hard to begin with, at most just buy two rare reclaimed weapon skins and you get an ascended weapon for little effort.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35