Deleted

Addon for arcane mages

Hi guys quick question... what addons do you use to play arcane at mythic level? And if possible, can you link some of the stuff you use?
    I use tellmewhen and I just switched from frost... so far i track arcane charge stacks, arcane missiles and evocation/crystal/arcane power cds... anything else useful to keep an eye on?
    I'm mostly thinking how to check mana % on the screen... is there a WA for that?
    And also is there an useful macro to switch from boss to crystal to boss again without having to target them every time?
    Thank you!
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2016-01-09 at 03:18 AM.

Deleted
    You're on the right track with TMW. WAs can easily track mana with the status trigger type if I recall correctly, color textures might be intuitive for that sort of thing. The switching can be done with mouseover macros though it's tricky to use.

If u can't manage wa for mana u have easy addon to watch mana.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/player-mana-percent

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    I'm mostly thinking how to check mana % on the screen... is there a WA for that?
    I just tend to count my ABs and keep track of the rough position in my head. Any add on that gives you some automatic trigger to ABar etc seems counter to the changes that can occur in circumstance (e.g. timing ABar to your moving etc).

Better to be fuzzy about the results, than exact IMO.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Mana percentage Weak Aura. It's as simple as they come.
    As for target switching and the the like, I just utilize focus macro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    Mana percentage Weak Aura. It's as simple as they come.
    As for target switching and the the like, I just utilize focus macro.
    Perfect, thank you for the WA!
    About the target... what macros do you use? When you use crystal it auto targets that, I'd like a macro to switch back to boss when crystal is gone... /targetlasttarget should work I guess?

I have focus macro for the vast majority of my single target spells, and tend to keep the boss as my focus target. So anytime I need to target the boss with a spell I simply utilize a focus modifier (shift in my case) and send the spell towards the boss instead of the PC. once PC is done I simply target my focus back and continue with business as usual.

Whether this is necessarily the best way of doing it I can't really say, it's a byproduct of me getting accustomed to the less optimal way of handling targets in PvP arena. However, I think it's probably less clumsy than having to constantly switch targets.
    Hopefully others will provide alternatives.

edit:
    And glad to read that you found the WA to your liking, of course.
    Last edited by Ipsissimus; 2016-01-09 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    I have focus macro for the vast majority of my single target spells, and tend to keep the boss as my focus target. So anytime I need to target the boss with a spell I simply utilize a focus modifier (shift in my case) and send the spell towards the boss instead of the PC. once PC is done I simply target my focus back and continue with business as usual.

Whether this is necessarily the best way of doing it I can't really say, it's a byproduct of me getting accustomed to the less optimal way of handling targets in PvP arena. However, I think it's probably less clumsy than having to constantly switch targets.
    Hopefully others will provide alternatives.

edit:
    And glad to read that you found the WA to your liking, of course.
    At the very least, a /cast [@focus] Arcane Missiles macro is necessary for when PoF procs on the boss and you're still hitting your crystal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    At the very least, a /cast [@focus] Arcane Missiles macro is necessary for when PoF procs on the boss and you're still hitting your crystal.
    Wait a sec... if POF procs while you're hitting the crystal... doesnt it proc on the crystal?

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Wait a sec... if POF procs while you're hitting the crystal... doesnt it proc on the crystal?
    Seems like 90% of the time even if you open with nothing but crystal into 0 stack AB, Unstable Magic will still proc PoF onto the boss. If you open on the boss instead for 2-3 AB, you will probably have it proc on the boss as well. Either way it sucks. Best way to take advantage of the proc is to still AM the boss so that doom nova does its thing, while spamming blast into your crystal.

Deleted
    No, that would require setting a focus on boss after every single wipe. Besides the fact that it's not always the same boss (Hellfire Council, Iskar etc).

/targetlasttarget [mod]
    /cast Arcane Missiles
    /targetlasttarget [mod]

This is way more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like 90% of the time even if you open with nothing but crystal into 0 stack AB, Unstable Magic will still proc PoF onto the boss. If you open on the boss instead for 2-3 AB, you will probably have it proc on the boss as well. Either way it sucks. Best way to take advantage of the proc is to still AM the boss so that doom nova does its thing, while spamming blast into your crystal.
    PoF never procced on a mob I haven't had targeted, unless I had no target at all. It always procs on my current target.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost certain this is a delayed effect from Arcane Missiles ticks. I've never had Prophecy of Fear proc on the prior target unless I'm literally only 1-2 seconds in.

If you can show me an example where this was not the case I would be genuinely interested.

@OP: I personally run MSBT for better in-game damage filtering, and I run a trigger for the Mark of Doom debuff so it alerts me.