Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Again, considering you never want the dot to drop off if you use NP on Xhul, no you're gaining damage not losing it.
    But then again ya MMO-C so every random poster has to be an infallible source. I'll stick with more reliable sources of information then yours, thank you.
    Ok, time for some rough math here. Say that every time you use UB you get 30s of NP. We can accept the short ramp up as a bit of damage loss, but that's not relevant here. So, assuming you use UB on cd, every 1.5 minutes you gain NP duration equivalent to 5 festering strikes, or 10 runes (for the sake of convenience consider them all death runes). However, with a plague leech every 25 seconds on the dot (which is extremely unlikely), then you will cast 3.6 over that same 1.5 minute duration. If we were to round up significantly (to 4 casts of PL), this would only be 8 runes. Even considering the small ramp up of UB, that is more than accounted for by the profit of 2-3 runes.

If I made a stupid mistake there, someone who knows what they're talking about please correct me.

That "random poster" is a significantly better dk than you. I'd take his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    That "random poster" is a significantly better dk than you. I'd take his advice.
    Nah, i'm just some idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.

Jet memes cant melt dank fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    Ok, time for some rough math here. Say that every time you use UB you get 30s of NP. We can accept the short ramp up as a bit of damage loss, but that's not relevant here. So, assuming you use UB on cd, every 1.5 minutes you gain NP duration equivalent to 5 festering strikes, or 10 runes (for the sake of convenience consider them all death runes). However, with a plague leech every 25 seconds on the dot (which is extremely unlikely), then you will cast 3.6 over that same 1.5 minute duration. If we were to round up significantly (to 4 casts of PL), this would only be 8 runes. Even considering the small ramp up of UB, that is more than accounted for by the profit of 2-3 runes.

If I made a stupid mistake there, someone who knows what they're talking about please correct me.

You can talk a lot of hot air but I guess you don't get the whole you don't want your dots to ever fall off during this fight. Which is excessivly easy given AMS soaking, PL, and the general flow of the fight.

One of the strongest Unholy fights this tier. Never let your Necrotic Plague drop, ever. Constantly extend throughout the fight, mass spam Blood Boils when imps spawn and use Gorefiend's Grasp to stack them under the boss, spread your diseases to the Voidfiends, and watch yourself dominate the meters. You can pre-cast AMS when the boss is casting Fel Surge and the debuff won’t apply to you, therefore you never have to run out. Just keep extending your diseases and spread them around. Plague Leech off of adds on CD to get free runes, and make sure to Soul Reaper Vanguard Akkelion + Omnus when applicable.

The reason why Plague Leech is the desirable talent on this fight is because with the pace of the fight, there’s never actually any time you want your Necrotic Plague to fall off. You’ll constantly have something to spread it to, whether it be imps or voidfiends. You might as well take Plague Leech to get some rune return off the adds when applicable, and your NP will already build to 15 stacks before any adds spawn in the fight anyways.
    Just take the word of a much better Death Knight then any of us here, since random posters want to try to dispute on of the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lilgayatlas View Post
    Nah, i'm just some idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.
    You're an unrecognized poster here, which is what I was talking about. Credibility in forums about speculation and such pretty much rely on being recognizable/seen before to not spout poppycock.

The ironic thing here is you're calling me a random idiot from MMO-C, and then copy-pasting words literally from the guide that i edited (keep in mind, which haven't been updated since I killed the boss for the first time during progression.) Might want to think before blurting out retarded comments.

So you're justifying me being wrong by posting what I wrote from over 4-5 months ago. Nice.

Not only that, but the boss section on Mannoroth and Xhul'horac suggesting using PL was to tailor towards DK's who struggle with managing NP w/ UB, but any DK who knows what they're doing would rather use UB. The words in that guide are outdated (by my standards), and try to strike a balance between top end play and average play to help create a middle ground that works.
    Last edited by lilgayatlas; 2016-01-15 at 10:21 PM.

The ironic thing here is you're calling me a random idiot from MMO-C, and then copy-pasting words literally from the guide that i edited (keep in mind, which haven't been updated since I killed the boss for the first time during progression.) Might want to think before blurting out retarded comments.

So you're justifying me being wrong by posting what I wrote from over 4-5 months ago. Nice.
    Edited is different then written yourself.
    Though then again continue to take things out of context. I never called you an idiot, you and the other poster did.

And no, sorry that was written by someone else (whom you then edited) and I'll take their word over yours since this started as a discussion over someone going into Xhul progression.

Literally not worth the time here anymore because it's going to end up as an infraction.

Edited is different then written yourself.
    Though then again continue to take things out of context. I never called you an idiot, you and the other poster did.

And no, sorry that was written by someone else (whom you then edited) and I'll take their word over yours since this started as a discussion over someone going into Xhul progression.

Literally not worth the time here anymore because it's going to end up as an infraction.
    My edit on the guide included listing an entire boss strategy section, from scratch, with my own thoughts and words and you're sitting here telling me you'd rather take my own words from 4-5 months ago over what I'm saying now.

You're lost.

My edit on the guide included listing an entire boss strategy section, from scratch, with my own thoughts and words and you're sitting here telling me you'd rather take my own words from 4-5 months ago over what I'm saying now.

You're lost.
    Seeing as I distinctly remember Skull having written all but Archy tips on there

Seeing as I distinctly remember Skull having written all but Archy tips on there

6/27 was the date he wrote a boss section.
    8/12 was the date I completely erased his boss section and replaced it with my own.

How are you going to tell me what I've done myself?

Deleted
    You can 6 runes pr. UB duration from using PL instead of UB. Mathematically that is just much much much less than a 35 second duration UB without using a single rune, like it or not. Atlas is right. As always <3.

Deleted
    Hey you're not recognized here, so your opinion is wrong and you can't possibly know what you are talking about.

Deleted
    You're an unrecognized poster here, which is what I was talking about. Credibility in forums about speculation and such pretty much rely on being recognizable/seen before to not spout poppycock.
    If you looked at the armory of said poster you would know who he is and know the credibility of his post

Quote Originally Posted by Dean137 View Post
    If you looked at the armory of said poster you would know who he is and know the credibility of his post
    I dunno, I doubt looking through random peoples sigs would do much. Especially when they're rude and generally the opposite of how most community member who contribute something worth something should act.
    Then again I guess it's asking too much for members of the community who are supposed to be 'leaders' to act well twords people.

I dunno, I doubt looking through random peoples sigs would do much. Especially when they're rude and generally the opposite of how most community member who contribute something worth something should act.
    Then again I guess it's asking too much for members of the community who are supposed to be 'leaders' to act well twords people.
    Should check back on what you said first, you kinda started the shit slinging contest.

But then again ya MMO-C so every random poster has to be an infallible source. I'll stick with more reliable sources of information then yours, thank you.
    You can talk a lot of hot air but I guess you don't get the whole you don't want your dots to ever fall off during this fight. Which is excessivly easy given AMS soaking, PL, and the general flow of the fight.

Just take the word of a much better Death Knight then any of us here, since random posters want to try to dispute on of the best.
    "The talk a lot of hot air" is targeted at someone else but still.

What a great derailed thread :x

I progressed on Xhul trying PL and UB and found UB much more consistent to use. There are plenty of times you can let np fall of on xhul without being screwed. on prgoression I let it fall off right after imps died as it went off cd and once again when it came off cd and when ring /pot wasn't up. with fast kill times you can use it once on the pull and sustain np until execute when only xhul is up, since you deal the least amount of damage in that portion of this encounter.

On topic:

If anyone has a question about unholy stats, just stick with multistrike > Mastery >crit >vers=haste. that stat prio is reliable regardless of your gear levels.
    Noblood US-Illidan Logs

Again, considering you never want the dot to drop off if you use NP on Xhul, no you're gaining damage not losing it.
    I remember when I didn't know who the top players of my class were :/ the best part of Unholy Blight is the fact that if you use it when your NP is at 1s duration, it will completely stack back up to 15 in no time at all effortlessly so you can spend your runes on either festering a completely fresh duration of the NP or BB/SS spamming depending. If you play your class competitively then you look up logs of top parsing people and there you find the top players of top guilds. Last I checked, Lilgayatlas: Dk of Encore, Encore: top 20 Us top 50 World. #notcredibleatall #talkingoutmyasstho #justmy2centsplzflamemenow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jash View Post
    I remember when I didn't know who the top players of my class were :/ the best part of Unholy Blight is the fact that if you use it when your NP is at 1s duration, it will completely stack back up to 15 in no time at all effortlessly so you can spend your runes on either festering a completely fresh duration of the NP or BB/SS spamming depending. If you play your class competitively then you look up logs of top parsing people and there you find the top players of top guilds. Last I checked, Lilgayatlas: Dk of Encore, Encore: top 20 Us top 50 World. #notcredibleatall #talkingoutmyasstho #justmy2centsplzflamemenow
    Don't want to be awkward for awkward's sake, but i'm not sure recent parses shine much light on who the 'top' DKs are. I tend to think the ones pulling good numbers months ago while progressing are probably better than the ones getting bigger numbers now they have max ring and their team mates are geared so that fights last 2m21sec.

For example - if i was in the team that killed mythic reaver in 23 seconds, i would be on 310k dps. I'm pretty certain i'm not even close to being one of the top DKs in the world lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Don't want to be awkward for awkward's sake, but i'm not sure recent parses shine much light on who the 'top' DKs are. I tend to think the ones pulling good numbers months ago while progressing are probably better than the ones getting bigger numbers now they have max ring and their team mates are geared so that fights last 2m21sec.

For example - if i was in the team that killed mythic reaver in 23 seconds, i would be on 310k dps. I'm pretty certain i'm not even close to being one of the top DKs in the world lol
    Correct, i should have been more specific. While the content is still current/being progressed upon, the logs are accurate as long as no scumbagging is going on. my B

Quote Originally Posted by Jash View Post
    Correct, i should have been more specific. While the content is still current/being progressed upon, the logs are accurate as long as no scumbagging is going on. my B
    I apologize everyone, despite my best efforts Jash is just as bad as when he first came to my doorstep.

Also, I turned into a white girl with how much I can't even at the direction this thread went. Just go with what noblood suggested for the most part, as the fights and gear levels are so variable right now, that the answe is always basically 'sim it yourself' but it's a good foundation upon which to
    Rambler.