Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    It's not baseless when it is based upon legitimate concerns. "Death to america" and the like are pretty concerning to me.
    So is 'legitimate rape can't get someone pregnant' to me.

Especially when people are vowing allegiance to Daesh. But to the illegal immigrant conundrum... Well, they're literally criminals.
    What law have they broken, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It is when it's baseless.
    Im not sure being against Shariah law would qualify as baseless, and that would be xenophobic

So is 'legitimate rape can't get someone pregnant' to me.
    Nice strawman. If we spent time quoting all the ridiculous things people in politics said there would be no time to do ANYthing else.

What law have they broken, exactly?
    Immigration law.

You know, where you have to go through a check point and get your passport stamped and searched for contraband.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice strawman. If we spent time quoting all the ridiculous things people in politics said there would be no time to do ANYthing else.
    Why? You're quoting a minority to broadbrush the entirety of a particular group, why can't I?

Immigration law.

You know, where you have to go through a check point and get your passport stamped and searched for contraband.
    Which literally is just 'you have to have a visa to be here'. It's about as illegal as jaywalking.

Also, something being illegal doesn't mean it's actually harmful.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Why? You're quoting a minority to broadbrush the entirety of a particular group, why can't I?
    Because the government of iran is a minority? O.o

Which literally is just 'you have to have a visa to be here'. It's about as illegal as jaywalking.
    What's the penalty for jay walking?

EDIT: Besides, that's a false parallel. The USA and Mexico are not different blocks on a street. They are unique sovereign entities with differing laws and cultures.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, something being illegal doesn't mean it's actually harmful.
    Like automatic rifles?
    Last edited by Dren The Black; 2016-01-11 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the government of iran is a minority? O.o
    I wasn't aware Iran was an actual threat to the US.

What's the penalty for jay walking?

EDIT: Besides, that's a false parallel. The USA and Mexico are not different blocks on a street. They are unique sovereign entities with differing laws and cultures.
    A fine, usually.

And again, what's your point? The US had open borders with Mexico for quite some time.

Like automatic rifles?
    I'm fairly sure 100% of automatic rifles are lethal weapons.

I wasn't aware Iran was an actual threat to the US.

Because state sponsors of terror won't sponsor acts of terror or something?

A fine, usually.

And again, what's your point? The US had open borders with Mexico for quite some time.
    So? We don't anymore.

Hell, lets not enforce any laws anymore while we stop enforcing immigration law. No more work discrimination laws. No more traffic laws. No more property laws. Lets legalize all the drugs while we're at it. Those never hurt people, do they? And the illegals won't have to swallow condoms filled with illegal substances anymore... because they won't be illegal when they come here.

(Note: I do not support any of the previous paragraph. It's sarcasm.)

I'm fairly sure 100% of automatic rifles are lethal weapons.
    Not until the trigger is pulled. Pretty sure they're a lump of metal until then. no more dangerous than a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Well, to clarify...there is nothing they can do in the legislative sense. Freedom of religion.

What would that law even look like anyway? "Women can't wear head coverings"?
    Ah ok, I understand. I thought you were implying that there was something politically from preventing people on the left from advocating for some type of awareness campaign. Thanks for the reply.

Although, I would add that there's all kinds of things that people should be barred from doing in the name of religion, such as preventing mohel's from sucking the head of the baby boy's penis following circumcision and Christian Scientist calling God when they should be calling a doctor. I know you weren't arguing that, but I just wanted to add that. Thanks.