Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I'm sorry, show me in your history books where Jewish people were committing acts of terrorism?

Nice try on your though, better luck next time.
    King David Hotel, 1946.
    Price tag attack 2015.

Personally, I am not against immigration or migrants/refugees.... But (there had to be a "but") the government needs to check these people to make sure they aren't: criminals fleeing justice, gang members, criminals or terrorists.

You can't just blindly let people in to your country, that is just foolery (and lazy on the part of the government). You wouldn't blindly let a stranger into your house, why would you let one into your country?

I understand the government can not check people 100%, but they need to check as close as possible to 100%. It is actually their job to do so. Maybe if they spent a little less on lavish parties, private jets, limos and expensive vacations- they would have the money to do so....

The government has to also make sure there is a place in the economy for these people. If there are only a million jobs available and you let 3 million people in, it doesn't take Einstein to figure out that the resulting situation is not going to work out well.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And to pretend that every single person in there is a saint is garbage.

Or were Jewish refugees harassing/assaulting each other in camps, burning down camps and throwing other refugees off of boats?
    That isn't what the image is saying. It's saying we're talking about throwing out the bad with the good.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    That would be hte literal flip of "don't let them in because terrorist might be there!".

Which isn't the argument.
    That facebook post called up both arguments, with the future doctor astronaut being the reason everyone should be let in.

That facebook post called up both arguments, with the future doctor astronaut being the reason everyone should be let in.
    You're cherrypicking a single paragraph and ignoring what the entire post is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    That isn't what the image is saying. It's saying we're talking about throwing out the bad with the good.
    Which is why they called on the future space physicist argument. Because that wasn't the point even though they used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    What we're hearing right now, especially from Republican governors, is the marketable fear that ISIS agents will slip into America amidst the flow. How eerily familiar that argument is. In the late '30s and early '40s, State Department officials in FDR's administration slammed the door on Jewish refugees - essentially condemning many of them to death - out of fear (baseless, by the way) that Nazi agents would slip into America amidst the flow.
    Wouldn't it be more apt to compare it to the japanese-americans? From what I recall, we didn't allow them to immigrate in, and the ones who already had citizenship were dumped in camps. Not concentration death camps, but "we're basically imprisoning you until we can sort all this out" camps. We may not be there yet, but the paranoia seems to be leaning in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Permit me to paraphrase a song lyric from Prince:

Americans who want to slam the door on Syrian refugees are partying like it's 1939.
    Nah, we just don't want our women raped by a bunch of Middle-Easterners who feel women should be subservient to men. That's just common sense. I think though that making the Jewish analogy is out of line. The Jews were not hostile in Germany or causing trouble. They merely did better than the Germans financially. If the Jews were actually doing the shit that the Syrians did in Cologne to those women..

Well. History would be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    King David Hotel, 1946.
    Price tag attack 2015.
    Talk about low-hanging fruit. Couldn't find a legitimate attack that occurred in Germany eh?

Proves once again, that trying to compare two separate issues with separate cultures is being patently dishonest and just a effort to censor and shut down dialogue. Muslims =/= Jews. One is violent and wanted to wipe the Jews out. The other were fleeing the prior individuals.

But then again, it doesn't help the spin-doctoring if someone proposes very harsh measures against Middle-Eastern Nazis, now does it?

Merkel is in many ways making the same mistakes as President Hindenburg did and simply encouraging a new Hitler to rise. And indeed, Germany and likely most of the world "will" probably rise up if they don't find these rapists and reassert control over the country. Not because anyone is interested in Genocide, but what do you propose doing to a Arab who believes a woman is subservient to man (Muslim doctrine), comes to a country, refuses to assimilate for religious reasons, burns his passport, and then when finally caught brags that he was invited by X leader?

This is open, notorious and intentional criminal conduct which does I think deserve a harsh penalty (perhaps death) so as to make an example and reassert control. If 1000 Muslims can't be law abiding citizens and attack people because their religion commanded it, 1000 Muslims need to be sent to meet Allah personally. Sorry but that's the sick sad truth. It's not a Holocaust scenario then. Then it's just a case of mass justice being done on those who broke the law. Don't want to do the time? Don't do the crime and assimilate to the laws of the nation you migrate to.

Or go back to your country where you can do your thing.

Beyond that, Germans do not tolerate this kind of shit for long, nor do Brits, Americans, or even Japanese. I base this assumption on Germany's acts against Napoleon as Prussia, Bismarck's policies, Albrecht and the Templars and countless other scenarios where the Germans just went to work and house-cleaned, while a small left leaning part of their party which enabled it were told "Shh. The adults are talking.".

The current generation is likely worthless for the job (as they are our equivalent of the Baby Boomer), but the next generation will solve the issue when enough bad stuff goes down. All the Syrians and Middle East refugees are doing, is encouraging Europe and most of the world to consider just wiping them out if they will not assimilate into society peacefully. It's not a pretty idea, but likely nessecary unless some new Prophet reforms the Muslim faith as a whole.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-01-09 at 08:20 PM.

You're cherrypicking a single paragraph and ignoring what the entire post is saying.
    "They're all going to die if we don't open the gates!"

That one? You know those people in danger of being killed are killing those people in danger of being killed, as well? Making this situation more complicated than a likewhoring facebook post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    encouraging Europe and most of the world to consider just wiping them out if they will not assimilate into society peacefully. It's not a pretty idea, but likely nessecary
    Can we pause here for a second and point out that rather than blaming the people actually doing the ethnic cleansing you're blaming people for simply being Muslim.

Foolishness if I ever saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Them being 'spies' for ISIS is the least of the potential issues they bring with them.

"They're all going to die if we don't open the gates!"

That one? You know those people in danger of being killed are killing those people in danger of being killed, as well? Making this situation more complicated than a likewhoring facebook post.
    No? Point where I've said that.

The entire point is that if you just blanket-reject everyone because one or two MIGHT turn out to be bad.. you're failing. Not only are you all but ensuring that one that MIGHT go bad WILL be bad by playing into exactly what ISIS is preaching (Westerners hate muslims, they want to kill us, join ISIS and we'll kill them first!), but you're also ensuring that even more flee toward ISIS instead of anywhere else.

In short, anyone that suggests a ban on Muslims because "what if one is a terrorist" is ISIS' greatest ally.

You know how you stop people from radicalizing? But not treating them as if they're automatically a terrorist for being [x] race / religion / culture. By not forcing people to choose between poverty and slightly-better-than-poverty. By not confirming everything that the people that want to radicalize them is true.

Most people fleeing aren't good or bad. They're average.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, you are cherry-picking a line.
    The point is that you don't allow all of them in because one might be a doctor.
    And you don't keep them all out because of one terrorist.

You let them in because nearly all of them are innocent and that includes the good ánd the bad.
    Including the ones doing the killing in camps against those being gay? Or non-muslim? Or the wrong kind of muslim? Or because they didn't get wifi?

- - - Updated - - -

No? Point where I've said that.

The entire point is that if you just blanket-reject everyone because one or two MIGHT turn out to be bad.. you're failing. Not only are you all but ensuring that one that MIGHT go bad WILL be bad by playing into exactly what ISIS is preaching (Westerners hate muslims, they want to kill us, join ISIS and we'll kill them first!), but you're also ensuring that even more flee toward ISIS instead of anywhere else.

In short, anyone that suggests a ban on Muslims because "what if one is a terrorist" is ISIS' greatest ally.

You know how you stop people from radicalizing? But not treating them as if they're automatically a terrorist for being [x] race / religion / culture. By not forcing people to choose between poverty and slightly-better-than-poverty. By not confirming everything that the people that want to radicalize them is true.

Most people fleeing aren't good or bad. They're average.
    Right, I forgot. Just let them all in, no matter what the facts are.

And anyone against full open borders is literally Hitler.

Right, I forgot. Just let them all in, no matter what the facts are.

And anyone against full open borders is literally Hitler.
    This weird hyperbole isn't an actual argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Can we pause here for a second and point out that rather than blaming the people actually doing the ethnic cleansing you're blaming people for simply being Muslim.

Foolishness if I ever saw it.
    Foolishness I think is cherry picking a portion of a statement, especially when it is not the complete sentence Diddy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    All the Syrians and Middle East refugees are doing, is encouraging Europe and most of the world to consider just wiping them out if they will not assimilate into society peacefully. It's not a pretty idea, but likely nessecary unless some new Prophet reforms the Muslim faith as a whole.
    Please note, I expressly called them Syrians and Middle-Eastern Refugees and not a more umbrella term like Muslim. The religion is mentioned merely due to the fact that their religion is their culture, and that culture is in turn the primary grounds for much of this unrest. A woman says no, the man says yes, and the rape occurs.

This of course makes the suggestion that some reformations are needed for the culture and faith, if they enter a society with laws (that are not Sharia) to function. Hence if they will not assimilate, they should go elsewhere. Seems pretty straightforward. I wonder where Laci Green stands on the idea of this? Hillary Clinton?

I suppose this would require a true concern for women, rather than political posturing.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-01-09 at 08:31 PM.

This weird hyperbole isn't an actual argument.
    And yours about how they'll all turn to ISIS is?

And yours about how they'll all turn to ISIS is?
    Why do you insist everything has to be an extreme? Because I definitely didn't say "all of them will become ISIS!". "More" doesn't mean "all".

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I recall, Nazi agents weren't blowing themselves up in crowded spaces in the name of religion or going on murder sprees with extremely heavy firepower. I'm all for helping refugees, but flying them halfway across the fucking world, feeding them up to $60 worth of food every day per person, and housing them at taxpayers expense, doesn't seem like the most feasible way to do this. We're not even taking care of our veterans and elderly this well. I'm fully aware that we have the capacity to do both, but I refuse to accept one without the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    As far as I recall, Nazi agents weren't blowing themselves up in crowded spaces in the name of religion or going on murder sprees with extremely heavy firepower. I'm all for helping refugees, but flying them halfway across the fucking world, feeding them up to $60 worth of food every day per person, and housing them at taxpayers expense, doesn't seem like the most feasible way to do this. We're not even taking care of our veterans and elderly this well. I'm fully aware that we have the capacity to do both, but I refuse to accept one without the other.
    Stop electing Republicans then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    When mold starts to grow on bread, we throw away the bread. As much as the rest of the bread might be delicious, it's not worth the chance that some mold might slip in and reap havoc on your health.