Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys are overestimating how much impact Dire Beast will have. It's a focus generator; those have traditionally been fairly weak damage-wise. That'll be especially true with the double Kill Commands from the artifact, which will probably make Kill Command by far the highest damage source. Dire Beast resets will certainly increase your damage, but I doubt it will be a huge swing between low procs and high procs.

They should maybe tie Dire Beast resets to Kill Command crits?

Quote Originally Posted by Boneshatter View Post
    The only problem I can see with the dire beast resets is that its rng on top of rng. 40% chance on a crit i believe? You could go a whole fight without seeing it reset. Some rng is ok to spice things up, but I think this will be too random and cause BM's dps to swing wildly from 1 fight to the next.
    I'm sorry, 40% on crit is low % that you might not see in a whole fight? I would be incredibly surprised for that to be the case, as you will still likely sit about at least 20% crit even as a fresh 110.

Also, wouldn't you wait for the current dire beast duration to be done before summoning another? Is there a benefit to spam casting it, or is this reset just a way to potentially have 100% uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by construkt View Post
    I'm sorry, 40% on crit is low % that you might not see in a whole fight? I would be incredibly surprised for that to be the case, as you will still likely sit about at least 20% crit even as a fresh 110.

Also, wouldn't you wait for the current dire beast duration to be done before summoning another? Is there a benefit to spam casting it, or is this reset just a way to potentially have 100% uptime?
    I looked it up and its 30% chance on crit. That hunter that has 20% crit would then have a 6% chance on attack to reset the cooldown on dire beast. While it is unlikely to go a 5 minute raid boss fight without seeing it reset it won't be anywhere close to often.

The reason for the reset is to have an additional dire beast up. Not only do you get the extra damage and focus of the additional pet, but there are talents and artifact talents that increase you and your pet's damage depending on the total number of pets/guardians active. All subject to change of course.

Damage aside I don't think something with a 6% chance to proc spices up the rotation any.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked it up and its 30% chance on crit. That hunter that has 20% crit would then have a 6% chance on attack to reset the cooldown on dire beast. While it is unlikely to go a 5 minute raid boss fight without seeing it reset it won't be anywhere close to often.

The reason for the reset is to have an additional dire beast up. Not only do you get the extra damage and focus of the additional pet, but there are talents and artifact talents that increase you and your pet's damage depending on the total number of pets/guardians active. All subject to change of course.

Damage aside I don't think something with a 6% chance to proc spices up the rotation any.
    Feral's Omen of Clarity has around a 6% chance to proc on auto-attacks and it procs fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Feral's Omen of Clarity has around a 6% chance to proc on auto-attacks and it procs fairly often.
    It is pretty hit and miss in my experience. However, OoC gives a resource free attack to a spec that is not gcd locked. Regardless of when it procs it will give 100% benefit. Resetting the cooldown of a short cooldown ability is much more fickle because it can provide little (if any) benefit.

Think about it. At absolute best its going to knock 7 seconds off the cooldown when you factor in 1.5 seconds to cast dire beast and another 1.5 to cast the ability that procs it. Half the time it will knock 3.5 seconds or less off the cooldown. A closer comparison would be guardians resetting the cooldown on mangle or prot warriors resetting the cooldown on shield slam (both 6 second cooldowns). They proc off the class' basic spam ability and have a much higher proc chance to compensate for how often it doesn't really make a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty hit and miss in my experience. However, OoC gives a resource free attack to a spec that is not gcd locked. Regardless of when it procs it will give 100% benefit. Resetting the cooldown of a short cooldown ability is much more fickle because it can provide little (if any) benefit.

Think about it. At absolute best its going to knock 7 seconds off the cooldown when you factor in 1.5 seconds to cast dire beast and another 1.5 to cast the ability that procs it. Half the time it will knock 3.5 seconds or less off the cooldown. A closer comparison would be guardians resetting the cooldown on mangle or prot warriors resetting the cooldown on shield slam (both 6 second cooldowns). They proc off the class' basic spam ability and have a much higher proc chance to compensate for how often it doesn't really make a difference.
    Yeah, that's always been the problem with cooldown resets. Just saying, though, that it should still proc fairly often even with a low chance.

Also Dire Beast (and BM in general) has a 1 second GCD, not 1.5. Only Survival's GCD is being increased.

Deleted
    Wild Call Your critical strikes have a 20% (down from 30%) chance to reset the cooldown of Dire Beast.

-_- blizzard are you kidding meeeee!!!! grrrr, think ill just to stick to MM , more reliable spec.

I am hoping they'll make a minor glyph for Dire Beast to spawn a pet from your stable instead of whatever wild beast from the area.

Deleted
    Right, Dire Beast is just there to give crit some value. It's the replacement for current Invigoration, which already doesn't really impact gameplay at all. See it more like a bonus, not as a core mechanic. Also, the artifact traits of damage increase per pet summoned are gone anyway.

BM probably is getting the multiple pets to differentiate it from Survival whose mastery is tied to the pet and Flanking Strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want more pets TBH. One of the things that I think blizz really hit the head of the nail on is that feeling of being the beast master. I like attacking with wild animals and flocks of birds. I think MoC should have been BM only because to me it doesn't really fit in the sniper or guerrilla aesthetic. I also think that our spec should have more pets that anyone being the pet spec of the pet class. Seems like these days everyone has pets and many classes have much more, even if only temporary. I know I'm completely biased but I wanna call out the entire zoo; convert more attacks into bet based attacks. You could have Cobra Shot summon a little cobra that spits instead every time you use cobra shot or change the glaives into a hawk that swoops in for the same effect.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

I agree with you that the BM rotation seems to be all about stacking crit and wait for dire beast resets.

I wish I had alpha to see the full rotation in-game.