Frame rate low and stuttering with r9 390 in WoW

So, I just built a new computer that has an i7 6700k and an r9 390. My old computer had an i7 3770k and a gtx 670. This new computer jumps from 90+ fps to 20 and lower constantly. I miss my old machine and that shouldnt happen with a brand new system. Anyone have any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which game you experience the stuttering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Which game you experience the stuttering.
    WoW it says it in the title lol. Another guy was having same problem go read the other thread cant link it easily on my phone but its like "660ti out preforming r9 390"

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    So, I just built a new computer that has an i7 6700k and an r9 390. My old computer had an i7 3770k and a gtx 670. This new computer jumps from 90+ fps to 20 and lower constantly. I miss my old machine and that shouldnt happen with a brand new system. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Do you still have your old machine? If so, test it with the older gpu. If it works fine, something is fucky.
    Do you have the most recent drivers installed?
    Is it only on wow? No other game has this symptom?

Could you give a bit more info? Is WoW the only game that isn't working? Resolution, settings etc? Also have you tried older drivers? Or the recent hotfix driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    WoW it says it in the title lol. Another guy was having same problem go read the other thread cant link it easily on my phone but its like "660ti out preforming r9 390"
    His was way different.. He got his 390 to actually hit high fps.. 390 shouldn't go below 20 fps in WoW, no way.

The resolution is 1440p, all highest settings, newest drivers, etc. After doing some testing I found something weird. With AMD gaming evolved on I never go below the 60 fps that I set the gpu to aim for. When I turn it off my ram usage goes all the way to 98% (16 gigs) and I get insane stuttering. I dont entirely know what the hell is going on with that but I assume its a contributing factor.

EDIT: Wow.... this is sooo weird. Gaming evolved off, 10 and lower fps on lowest settings then it spikes to 60ish then back down to 10ish then maybe 80ish and back down then to 40ish and down again, gaming evlolved on, over 100 fps with everything on ultra consistently. Wtf.....Seriously... am I dumb and completely missing something?
    Last edited by Zalavaaris; 2016-01-09 at 09:36 PM.

You are right that is super odd, have you tried with uninstalling the gaming evolved?

I recently brought a R 390 on the 30th December and I kept having issues after issues, mainly wow, but I never really tested many games, i play at 1080 but it was pretty much similar to what you're experiencing i think; I would go from 60 fps to low 30's, heck even in garrison i would randomly drop to 40's, where as with my old card it was pretty much solid 60's the only time i'd drop frames is in acceptable scenarios (combat with large numbers). The card on wow for me personally just felt very unstable. (on other games it was more then fine fps wise, but i didn't play many as i said, but i found an issue with a different game that only happened after the gpu upgrade, at this point i gave up)

However you said your ram usage jumps to 98% if Gaming evolved is off, are you restarting wow after closing gaming evolved? I never noticed any huge ram usage issues, but you need to restart / have the game shut if you close gaming evolved, the game will just lag out fps wise if you attempt to close the app with the game open.

From what i found whenever i was lagging fps wise on wow, my r390's core clock speed was pathetic, having amd evolved on with the highlight clip and session features on somehow forced the r390s clock to actually be `high`, as soon as i turned session feature off the core clock dropped by 40% or so.

You should also try other games to see if the issue is just wow; but also i did manage to bump up my fps stability using non crimson drivers; http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

Hopefully you can get your R 390 fixed, I gave up with trying to find a solution for mine, but I never had any huge ram usage so yours may be something people can help you with ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Could you give a bit more info? Is WoW the only game that isn't working? Resolution, settings etc? Also have you tried older drivers? Or the recent hotfix driver.

His was way different.. He got his 390 to actually hit high fps.. 390 shouldn't go below 20 fps in WoW, no way.
    Super sampling + raid or vsync = no fps. Trust me ive tried to raid on ultra with SSAO.