Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Spam is a poverty food, I wouldn't eat / buy it unless I was poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of spam but if I have it it's pretty much done the way everyone else has mentioned. In fried rice, in a musubi, a breakfast sandwich, diced in ramen, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally cut it in long strips, sprinkle some "season all" on it and fry it up. Goes good with baked beans.

I also have a weird recipe. Spam, kidney beans, white rice, and diced tomatoes. First dice the spam up and fry it. When it's done, pour the kidney beans into the pan. Let it simmer for a while. While that's going cook some white rice. When they are both done, get a good helping of rice. Pour some spam and beans on top. Then get a spoon full of diced tomatoes on top.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post

Has anyone here cooked using spam before? Is there a way to actually make it good? Anyone got any advice (besides throwing it out)?
    Mail it to someone in Hawaii.

Random Spam story:

When my grandmother was dying of cancer, she slipped into a coma during her final two weeks. On the morning of the day that she died, she woke up and called my mother into the room. The only thing she said was that she wanted a Spam sandwich. She diligently ate that entire sandwich, crusts and all, then smiled and thanked my mother, went to sleep, and passed later that night.

Weirdest last meal ever.

I've never tried spam but I've seen people pan fry small pieces and put it in mac & cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spam musubi, spam & pineapple fried rice, to name a few things.

I would add it to a potato hash. You really can't go wrong with fatty pork and potatoes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anntheman View Post
    Only things I do with it are fried rice or musubi.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Masubis are the most requested thing when bringing food over to friends houses.

Nothing wrong with eating spam, if you're poor or rich. Yeah, obviously not the finest of meats but, it can still be pretty tasty if you prepare right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fried spam is delicious! I like to make hot sandwiches with it

Any meat in a can brings back bad memories growing up poor but i must say Spam is way nicer than fucking Corned Beef!

Fried, serve with toast and baked beans. Add a fried egg if you're feeing posh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Ummm.... fried spam is really, really good actually. Just... pop out the entire chunk, slice it into a series of quarter inch slices, and let them sizzle on high until they're nice and browned. Goes well with onions and peppers.

This guy knows whats up. Despite its reputation that shit is delicious, and there are days Ill take it over a good steak.

Peel and dice some potatoes and dice the spam and fry them in a pan with some seasoning. Spam and Potatoes is one of my favorite things my mom made when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Spam is a poverty food, I wouldn't eat / buy it unless I was poor.
    Have you seen the price of spam recently? It's passed the cost of beef per lbs.

I like my spam sliced, pan fried, placed on toast with miracle whip, tomato, and a slice of cheddar. Great hangover food.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Ummm.... fried spam is really, really good actually. Just... pop out the entire chunk, slice it into a series of quarter inch slices, and let them sizzle on high until they're nice and browned. Goes well with onions and peppers.
    This. It's also really good with eggs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Have you seen the price of spam recently? It's passed the cost of beef per lbs.

I like my spam sliced, pan fried, placed on toast with miracle whip, tomato, and a slice of cheddar. Great hangover food.
    Oh this exactly! So good. As stated previously also, spam isn't really a poor persons food...at least here it's like 3 bucks a can and you might get only 2 or 3 sandwiches per can depending on how thick you cut it. It's delicious with fried potatoes too. Long live spam.

I thought it tasted ok, but I found the texture off-putting. It's really sort of soft and pillow like and not at all like meat. Maybe if I'd cut it up into strips before frying it.

It's also surprisingly expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely depends on how you cook it, try it fried with some garlic salt, fried onions and rice or something.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!