Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are BM Hunters useful on certain encounters in Mythic HFC?

If so, what fights and where do I find a guide / reference?

none are optimal for prog besides potentially Xhul if your imps are a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tekniqz1991 View Post
    none are optimal for prog besides potentially Xhul if your imps are a problem.
    Not even for high mobility fights?

not even for high mobility, the biggest mobility fight is probably Gorefiend+ Archimonde and those fights marks easily wins due to high priority target switching and chim cleave

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pet travel time delays BMs time on target by a generally unacceptable degree given the tuning of Mythic. (Lonewolf) Marks' front-loaded burst is far more desirable for burning critical adds down. Though this late in the xpac, were not scaling all that well compared to many specs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely, I actually go BM for Mythic Gorefiend because my Chimaera shot cleave actually hits too hard on spirits. For everything else Marks is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
    Not even for high mobility fights?
    BM doesn't really have higher mobility than MM to be fair. Both can cast everything while moving, BM is just hindered by the pets' range.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it this way. My gear is near perfect for Marksman:

Unbuffed
    Crit 48.90%
    Multistrike 26.97%
    Mastery 11.58%
    Haste 3.89%

During periods of heavy movement I lose 16.58% damage. BM loses damage during transitions to next target. For me, I know I lose alot of damage when I go BM and need to switch between constructs. The travel time is completely wasted damage time.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post

Unbuffed
    Crit 48.90%
    Multistrike 26.97%
    Mastery 11.58%
    Haste 3.89%

During periods of heavy movement I lose 16.58% damage. BM loses damage during transitions to next target. For me, I know I lose alot of damage when I go BM and need to switch between constructs. The travel time is completely wasted damage time.
    Well no, you lose a lot less, because you time it so that you can move in the 4 seconds of free movement you have before you need to refresh sniper training, *or* you spend all your focus so you have to steady shot a shitton of times to rebuild your focus if you're moving for longer than 4 seconds. If you're only steady shotting while sniper training is down, and using your aimed/chim/kill shots when it's up, the loss is far, far smaller than 16.58%.

I appreciate all the feedback / help. Didn't expect to get this many replies lol. Now I know. Thanks all.

Unbuffed
    Crit 48.90%
    Multistrike 26.97%
    Mastery 11.58%
    Haste 3.89%

right and caster lose 100% of dps

BM is nuts AOE but its important to realize why its so good in things like CM. There isn't a huge demand for this type of AOE in the raid right now, and its trivialized even further by the adds you are fighting being stuck where there are and things like the ring.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    right and caster lose 100% of dps
    Then they're playing their class wrong for the most part.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't worried about the casters. The question was BM vs MM in reality. In most cases MM wins. Strangely, if I wouldn't accidently cleave the tank back out of stomach before they get a chance to even touch the gorebound spirit. I would stay marksman even for the gorefiend fight. But, I personally have cleaved our tanks out early too many times.

Wasn't worried about the casters. The question was BM vs MM in reality. In most cases MM wins. Strangely, if I wouldn't accidently cleave the tank back out of stomach before they get a chance to even touch the gorebound spirit. I would stay marksman even for the gorefiend fight. But, I personally have cleaved our tanks out early too many times.
    Position yourself better in regards to the tank soul?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be cleaving the other group instead. Our placement of souls is pretty much:

All spirits of dps/healers on left side of boss when you look at them. Tank will be on right side of boss, spread away from the rest, so that no early break occurs.

So. my choices are stand in very front right or very front left corners. And hope, I don't cleave the tank out.

Deleted
    Just don't cast CS on the boss during normal phase, problem solved. If you cast it on the boss, it will cleave a soul 100% of the time. use it on souls that need to die fast or prio adds. If not possible, don't cast it at all so you don't mess with the souls

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Just don't cast CS on the boss during normal phase, problem solved. If you cast it on the boss, it will cleave a soul 100% of the time. use it on souls that need to die fast or prio adds. If not possible, don't cast it at all so you don't mess with the souls
    That's too hard. Casting CS without cleaving Souls does require too much brainwork for huntards...

-----------

Seriously, if you're playing BM on Gorefiend because you're too dumb to not CS-cleave Souls...WTF...I don't even know what so say...
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted
    The problem is Marks is OP with its burst to kill adds fast and benefits massively when theres 2 targets to hit (rapid fire has a perfect 2m CD to lign up with the legendary ring aswell). But BM is viable i'm sure. Just not as good.

Deleted
    bm is actually super op on gorefiend

warcraftlogs com/rankings/8#class=Hunter&boss=1783