Poll: Do you think it

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Horde Will Donald Trump win the Presidential Election?

I'm not voting for anyone, period. I love Obama as a president and it would feel traitorous to vote for someone else so I won't until Biden runs in 2020. Do you think Trump will win?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Asking if Trump will win on a progressive site.

The results should not surprise anybody

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say no, but this is the U.S. >.>

at first i thought no chance in hell but lately idk... its possible. I think it will depend on if the GOP will stand behind him or bail on him. I'd vote for him over hillary or bernie if it comes to that though. I'm just glad obama is done.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Polling atm says no. And I think he's going to lose a lot of momentum as time goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm not voting for anyone, period. I love Obama as a president and it would feel traitorous to vote for someone else so I won't until Biden runs in 2020. Do you think Trump will win?
    Then why did you make this thread? If you aren't going to vote your opinion means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Polling atm says no. And I think he's going to lose a lot of momentum as time goes on.
    Trump is gaining ground. I think he has tapped into smething and it wont go away. It is his to lose atm.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articl...illary-clinton

would say no but we did vote in bush jr twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    would say no but we did vote in bush jr twice.
    And Obama twice,

10+ Year Old Account
    God, I hope not.

The world feels upside down as it is, so anything could happen.

It's important to remember that at this point in the last election, Newt Gingrich was the Republican frontrunner by a mile while doing a lot of the stuff Trump is doing. Then the actual votes for a nominee came around and he was gone in a heartbeat.

I like to think that the American people are entertained by hateful racists, but when it's time to put their foot down, they pick someone who has substance.

I'll probably be disappointed this year, though.

Depends.

If Obama sits down, shuts up and lets this year be about Hillary, then no.

If Obama's farewell tour becomes a greatest hits of why millions of Americans, like myself, have turned on him, then it becomes more and more likely. Don't forget: Trump's biggest support base is among independents, the country's largest voting bloc.

I'd be fine with President Hillary, but that's because her true for is very much the anti-Obama.

If he can keep the energy going, I see it happening.

Will show when some people start dropping out

I very much doubt it.

No, no, no, a million times no. For two primary reasons.

1) All of Trump's shit is riling up the most extreme members of his base. To win an election, you have to first appeal to your base, and then once that's done, sway enough of the middle to get elected. This is VERY easy to fuck up. See: McCain picking Palin to appeal to the base, or Romney's "47 percent" line, which was supposed to be said in private to appeal to his base. Both drove away the middle. Trump being selected will result in the whole middle going left: it will be like Ronald Reagan in reverse. And based on that...

2) The GOP will burn its house to the ground before it lets Trump be the nominee, because Trump in his narcissism is exposing just how deep and just how ugly the ugly roots have penetrated into the right. You think Trump cares about his supposed peer party? Trump wants attention, and if he utterly destroys everything around him to get it, well, who cares?

Trump is never going to be president. Ever.

Had Donald kept his mouth shut and didn't piss off the hispanics then it might have been possible but now? i doubt it cause i can bet you he wont win New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado! and those are absolute must win states for the Republicans.

Its like he saw the results in 2012 and completely didn't learn the lesson from what happened in that election.

Now i must say anything is possible with the fickle America voter and im British but i live in the states so im a outsider looking in but America has changed demographically the GOP understood this but trump has literally pissed all over what they was trying to rebuild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say no, for how well he is doing in polling is somewhat irrelevant. Sorry, can't think of names right now to give examples of why primary polls aren't that important, and I don't ask for anyone to take my word for it.

Thing is, for each person that he's gained the support of he alienated two other voters.

Edit: There's also the matter of if the GOP would even let Trump win, they can just straight up take him off the ticket.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-01-11 at 12:24 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Keep in mind that the powers that be are capable of fudging the numbers. That's not a conspiratorial Illuminati statement, it's just that a growing number of privately casted votes are naturally a recipe for a big game of telephone. The real value in candidates is what they get people to talk about. That's what we have control over - how we allow our conversations to be directed personally. Based on those thoughts, no, I don't think he will win.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt he will even get the republican nomination, let alone become president. Conservatives have for years been "trying" to shed the "Hate filled, racist, sexist, nut job" stigma that has become synonymous with their party due to their association with the radical right, so it wouldn't make sense for them to just throw that down the toilet and go "Yeah, we totally support this dude!"
    But hey, who knows what they will do? They are all hate filled, racist, sexist, nut jobs after all! lol jk, don't get all grumpy n shit, I still love you guys.