Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So sad. Great musician, under appreciated I feel.
    Where is he under appreciated, I wonder? Here on this site? Indeed, but that is not a surprise at all, considering the community.
    Otherwise, IRL? Not so much.
    He is, rightfully so, considered the greatest Rock star that ever lived. His legacy surpasses the likes of Elvis, Jackson, Lennon etc..
    Nearly a half decade of influence and creationism, that is unmatched, and will be so for a long time to come.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I’ll just leave this here

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Where is he under appreciated, I wonder? Here on this site? Indeed, but that is not a surprise at all, considering the community.
    Otherwise, IRL? Not so much.
    He is, rightfully so, considered the greatest Rock star that ever lived. His legacy surpasses the likes of Elvis, Jackson, Lennon etc..
    Nearly a half decade of influence and creationism, that is unmatched, and will be so for a long time to come.
    Mmmmmm, greatest rock star that ever lived? I don't know. I guess Hendrix and Morrison died early so we don't know, but some would argue that point. Mick Jagger might have a word with you (though I'd disagree with Mick, his music is fairly run-of-the-mill as far as rock goes).

Now, most innovative rocker? Most eclectic? One of the most influential rock stars ever? Sure. I can get behind those statements. Bowie was continually a breath of fresh air in a genre that stagnated after the 60s, and the only other person I can say that about past that decade is Freddie Mercury.