Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you have any supreme Islamic authorities in Europe?

Since you have such a huge problem with Muslim migrants and refugees, why can't you rein them somehow?

Is there some sort of high religious authority in your countries that can tell Muslims that, say, the West is not the enemy or that Shari'a in Europe should not be implemented? We have the Grand Mufti of Russia, which is pro-Put in and regularly condemns extremists and the like. He is s public figure much lIke the Orthodox Christian Patriarch and the Buddhist Elder Lama, and answers to the government.

But it seems to me that in Britain and mainland Europe you have no control over Muslim clerics in your country. Why haven't you tried exercising it? Why can't you instate the pro-EU Muftis of Britain, France, Germany or Sweden, and then use them to condemn the Shari'a police, the extremists and the rape gangs? Surely there must be at least some Muslims in Europe that have lived there for long enough to accept European values.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Deleted
    They listen to muftis from the islamic countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    They listen to muftis from the islamic countries.
    As always, the Saudis are at fault. Hate them.

Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion, we can't just select who's to tell the muslims what to think, ofcourse if they break the law it's another thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion, we can't just select who's to tell the muslims what to think, ofcourse if they break the law it's another thing.
    That'd be the problem if they already had a Mufti. Besides, nobody says the government has to elect one, merely that it could try helping the more pro-UK groups to organise.

There are. Those are the people sitting in the talk shows after each terrorist attack and claim "Islam is the religion of peace" or "People commiting those atrocities are no real Muslims".
    So obviously people chose for themselves what to believe and whom they follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't really have 'Supreme Leaders', firstly because like Christianity there are many flavours and in the main they work on a local level; and also because following any 'Supreme Leader' might be regarded as Idolatry, which is bad, and so the decentralisation. Some do form up councils though, so there are organisations, like the Muslim Council of Britain, who are constantly condemning terrorism, Daesh, etc. But they just don't get much airtime because it doesn't fit the right wing narrative that a lot of the press peddle, hence this common misconception that there's "no one to rein them in". So it's really a double edged thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Since you have such a huge problem with Muslim migrants and refugees, why can't you rein them somehow?

Is there some sort of high religious authority in your countries that can tell Muslims that, say, the West is not the enemy or that Shari'a in Europe should not be implemented? We have the Grand Mufti of Russia, which is pro-Put in and regularly condemns extremists and the like. He is s public figure much lIke the Orthodox Christian Patriarch and the Buddhist Elder Lama, and answers to the government.

But it seems to me that in Britain and mainland Europe you have no control over Muslim clerics in your country. Why haven't you tried exercising it? Why can't you instate the pro-EU Muftis of Britain, France, Germany or Sweden, and then use them to condemn the Shari'a police, the extremists and the rape gangs? Surely there must be at least some Muslims in Europe that have lived there for long enough to accept European values.
    Uhm, there´s this freedom of religion thing where you don´t really mess with accepted religions. The sects are monitored, the government works together with religious leaders, but to install specific leaders would probably go against several laws.

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be the problem if they already had a Mufti. Besides, nobody says the government has to elect one, merely that it could try helping the more pro-UK groups to organise.
    So instead of actually installing a leader just sort of help the one you like more than the other. That´s the same thing, you just call it something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

As always, the Saudis are at fault. Hate them.
    Even Saudi muftis have been active in condemning all of the recent terror attacks. Besides, it is universally accepted, excluding the terrorists, that Sharia commands Muslims to follow the law of the land. No mufti is advocating for the implementation of an Islamic theocracy in European countries nor for any "rape gangs".

As Jessicka explained, there are some localized authorities, but anything beyond that is impossible due to the diversity of Islamic denominations. As to your proposal of "helping" certain scholars... that could backfire very easily.
    Last edited by cant cook clean or iron; 2016-01-11 at 10:06 AM.

Well, if you think these people rape women because it's in the religion, you are terribly mistaken. This is precisely why any sort of religious figure will not solve rape issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Well, if you think these people rape women because it's in the religion, you are terribly mistaken. This is precisely why any sort of religious figure will not solve rape issue.
    It's in the culture. The religion plays a huge part in that culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    There are. Those are the people sitting in the talk shows after each terrorist attack and claim "Islam is the religion of peace" or "People commiting those atrocities are no real Muslims".
    So obviously people chose for themselves what to believe and whom they follow.
    Too bad the same can't be said about the crusades, because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account
    There are religious leaders, but no one high enough in the Islamic hierarchy to be taken seriously if they try to create their own path. Usually an Imam will follow some major religious leader from an Islamic country, and practice/teach Islam based who he "follows"

Makes a huge difference too. These grand authorities range from peaceful people to the hardcore ISIS type.
    Last edited by Revi; 2016-01-11 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's in the culture. The religion plays a huge part in that culture.
    Its not like islam is the sole perpetrator. Christianity has got their hands full of past and current "issues" at hand.
    Thundercunts and stuff

It wouldn't matter anyway. It doesn't have much to do with the religion. At most, religion is an excuse. It's a matter of culture and lack of assimilation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Too bad the same can't be said about the crusades, because reasons.
    This one is actually interesting, because I have recently seen "catholics" calling for crusades and how the Vatican and the pope should defend their brothers in faith. We're going back to middle ages.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Its not like islam is the sole perpetrator. Christianity has got their hands full of past and current "issues" at hand.
    Yes, but so what? Does that somehow make these rapes a non-issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    This one is actually interesting, because I have recently seen "catholics" calling for crusades and how the Vatican and the pope should defend their brothers in faith. We're going back to middle ages.
    Not true. Hardcore catholics and muslims never left the middle ages in the first place.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but so what? Does that somehow make these rapes a non-issue?
    What I was trying to say is that if "their" culture is to blame, so is "ours".
    People are assholes, no matter religion, culture, or upbringing.
    Thundercunts and stuff

Not true. Hardcore catholics and muslims never left the middle ages in the first place.
    Nah, it's not about "hardcore" catholics. It's just people who are scared, and get down to hipocrysy and give up on some tennets of their faith to gain some security.
    Add some fear and catholics (in fact almost everyone, but mentioning catholics here because their faith tells them about mercy and compassion) will forget about mercy and compassion and will gear up for war.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Is there some sort of high religious authority in your countries that can tell Muslims that, say, the West is not the enemy or that Shari'a in Europe should not be implemented?
    There are (though it is not just one hierarchy, but several parallel ones), and they are quite modern and what you would call moderate. They share the views of most muslims who have been here for some time and those listen so them, too.

Why don't we hear of them? Because they are moderate and sensible and do not make for outrageous healdines. Most of the time only those few preachers who are out of line get reported on. That is for those muslims who are already here.

Now for refugees... they are generally new to the countries they arrive in (duh) and aren't integrated (yet?), thus they aren't immediately affected by muslims who are already here for a while. Authorities from Europe never mattered to them before, they do not even know (of) them before coming here, why do you expect them to suddenly respect those out of the blue?

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    What I was trying to say is that if "their" culture is to blame, so is "ours".
    People are assholes, no matter religion, culture, or upbringing.
    "Them others dun it too" is not a counter argument.