Protection trinkets

Hey there,

I'm a returning Warrior tank that wonders how the trinket situation is in Hellfire Citadel and which trinkets are actually good. I've asked some players on my server, but they all give a different answer.

I have the following trinkets available :

http://www.wowhead.com/item=124242/t...decree&bonus=0
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=124241/a...-plume&bonus=0
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=133598/p...the-third-moon
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=113893/b...door&bonus=566
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=124523/w...esolve&bonus=0
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=113834/p...-eye&bonus=567 (691, mythic warforged)

Can anyone help me out with my trinket situation?

- Auviance

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classtrinket + Anzu. Decree is supershit, Pols and Door fall off itemlvlwise. You can use the heirloom for demonic bosses like archimonde. The absorb is pretty tasty there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Depends on the fight.. Anzu for sure is your primary choice, the heirloom trinket is good for mannoroth and archimonde. I would use Blast furnace door with anzu.

+1 to blast furnance door + anzu

I use Anzu's, of course, and Unending Hunger primarily. I will swap UH for Warlords Unseeing Eye if the fight has huge hits. I just got Blast Furnace Door(Mythic) but the proc is so low in comparison to what I have.

-Grev(Aeo)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grev View Post
    I use Anzu's, of course, and Unending Hunger primarily. I will swap UH for Warlords Unseeing Eye if the fight has huge hits. I just got Blast Furnace Door(Mythic) but the proc is so low in comparison to what I have.

-Grev(Aeo)
    Unending horror is a solid choice, especially if many adds or a hard hitting boss is involved. I almost net 50% parry when I wear that trinket.
    I found Unseeing Eye pretty sub par aside from the Velhari encounter, especially since haste is a shit stat for warriors.
    Personally, I still am a fan of the classtrinket for bosses with mixed damage. You just need to use it properly of course: Bleeding off small amounts of rage to procc the bonus armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

*Edit* For the OP my suggestion for survival is ACP + WUE.
    Last edited by Grev; 2016-01-13 at 06:45 PM. Reason: For accidently hijacking the thread...

ACP + WUE, or UH + WUE if you're man enough.

Anzu + Class trinket for fights with lots of magic tank damage (Xhul, Arch, Manno). Anzu + Door for everything else.

The Heirloom is insane on every fight against demons. if you pop it at max resolve you gain 1.5 mio absorb if you pop it shortly after poping your ring it bosst to 2,5mio absorb+. that means your are on godmode for 20s all 60s. which means you can't die 1/3 of the fight. using it on manno myth totaly destroys any danger you could come into. soaking every glaive combo and a lot more. just pop it 15s before the combo (there some combos where it is better to pop it at another sec but you should do some work too finding that out :P) and just stand there and lough. same goes for last phase. pop it and let you be pushed in the pillar and lough. gorefiend....take the add and the boss and lough till it dies. this thing is so OP against demons...velhari 40% pop it and walk around without a healer even have an eye on you. sure it needs some training and tryout to find the right spots in fights. but if you find them ... awesome.
    Last edited by Amengar2407; 2016-01-18 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amengar2407 View Post
    The Heirloom is insane on every fight against demons. if you pop it at max resolve you gain 1.5 mio absorb if you pop it shortly after poping your ring it bosst to 2,5mio absorb+. that means your are on godmode for 20s all 60s. which means you can't die 1/3 of the fight. using it on manno myth totaly destroys any danger you could come into. soaking every glaive combo and a lot more. just pop it 15s before the combo (there some combos where it is better to pop it at another sec but you should do some work too finding that out :P) and just stand there and lough. same goes for last phase. pop it and let you be pushed in the pillar and lough. gorefiend....take the add and the boss and lough till it dies. this thing is so OP against demons...velhari 40% pop it and walk around without a healer even have an eye on you. sure it needs some training and tryout to find the right spots in fights. but if you find them ... awesome.
    I just tested the Heirloom last night on Fel Lord... ~1.3mil shields from it. Makes his "Disarmed" phase a joke. Also used it on Gorefiend for the big add, just target Gorefiend before using it, and it makes tanking the add a joke as well.

I assume it will also work on Vanguard Akkelion for the Xhul fight.

-Grev(Aeo)

The thing with the heirloom trinket is that it doesn't actually give you one big shield, it gives you a normal shield, and another shield of the same size for demons. If you take damage from a non demon source it starts taking damage from the non demonic shield, then any demon damage takes damage from the non demon shield. Just a thought for how the heirloom trinket is used.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here is a setup for all fights...its my suggestion and i actually use this;

Assault = Anzu Plume + Unending Hunger
    Iron Reaver = Anzu Plume + Worldbreaker Resolve
    Kormrok = Anzu Plume + Imbued Stone Sigil
    Council = Anzu Plume + Unending Hunger
    Kilrogg = Anzu Plume + Unending Hunger
    Gorefiend = Anzu Plume + Unending Hunger
    Socrethar = Tyrant Decree + Imbued Stone Sigil
    Iskar = Anzu Plume + Unending Hunger
    Fel Lord Zakuun = Anzu Plume + Heirloom Trinket
    Xhul´Horac = Anzu Plume + Worldbreaker Resolve
    Tyrant = Heirloom Trinket + Warlord Unseeyng Eye
    Mannoroth = Anzu Plume/Heirloom + Worldbreaker Resolve
    Archimonde = Anzu Plume + Worldbreaker Resolve

Really helpful @AioliaBR, thanks.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auviance View Post
    Really helpful @AioliaBR, thanks.
    On Reaver Worldbreaker Resolve with shield block up on every artilhary is great.

On Socrethar always i get a robot function, then i use stamina trinket for get no risc on some blow.

On Mannoroth use S Block+Hierloom Trinket+Demo Shout!