Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Petition to let Lucas direct Episode 9

Was going through the news feeds this morning and found an interesting story which lead me to this petition.

What are your thoughts on this? are you for it or against this petition?

(just noticed this thread appears twice in this category... no idea why it was created twice)
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-01-11 at 01:58 PM.

Are you freaking kidding me with this title? You gave me a heartattack! Keep that maniac off of the lovely franchise he both created and almost ruined. Please start it with 'Petition to...'

Deleted
    Eeeh, I dunno. We need to prevent what happened previously.

He started something good, but he's done, he sucks, let someone else bring life to his initial idea.

That title doe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some serious clickbait right there.

Lucas would make another phenomenal Star Wars movie if he had people to tell him "dude, that sucks, let's rethink this" again - and people who could tell him "no really, rethink this or it won't leave the editing room." George Lucas's movies took a turn when his success made him infallible.

So if that petition was "George Lucas directs, but yes men are banned from the set," absolutely. But then from his interviews, that's what he wants to avoid most - he absolutely detests anyone else being involved in his creative process now, and telling him what can and cannot be done, and putting their hands all over his "art."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, how are we getting clickbait thread titles on MMO-C .

There is NO FUCKING CHANCE of Disney signing off on him directing Ep 9. Part of the conditions for them getting the license was they had to take his script outlines for 7,8,9 on board when they were writing.

Apparently they were discarded pretty quickly. If they wont even accept his notes, why on earth would they put him in charge of directing the final film in the trilogy?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Some moderator please edit the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the last movie. I say no thanks. The franchise is in good hands now. No need to dwell in the past.

lucas should have some input, but he shouldn't be in control of it.

just look at the didyouknowgaming video about star wars games, look at how many star wars games he outright killed just by getting involved with them.

so he should definitely have some input, but he needs to be in a position where someone can say "your idea sucks, think of something else" because he drastically needs that said to him sometimes.

now, i do want want star wars out of JJ abrams' hands... really dislike him as a person.

Clickbait title ...

Deleted
    Wasn’t my intent to start a clickbait thread...

Would change title as many have said but can’t change title unless a moderator does so. Still learning how this forum works. Realised Thread titles can‘t be changed once created and threads can’t be deleted by the one who made the thread.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-01-11 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    Wasn’t my intent to start a clickbait thread...

Would change title as many have said but can’t change title unless a moderator does so. Still learning how this forum works. Realised Thread titles can‘t be changed once created and threads can’t be deleted by the one who made the thread.
    Why make the title thread that anyway?

"Petition to have G. Lucas direct next Star Wars" would've been fine ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Why make the title thread that anyway?

"Petition to have G. Lucas direct next Star Wars" would've been fine ...
    Yea, I apologize for misleading some of you who thought it’s official already.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-01-11 at 04:20 PM.

Please let this be a troll, Please let this be a troll, Please let this be a troll, Please let this be a troll!!!!!

Seriously George Lucas needs to be kept well clear of any Star Wars movie!

10+ Year Old Account
    No I would rather not have him ruin this series. The only reasons the originals were good were because of the concept artists and Gary Kurtz.

No, Disney has already proven they can do better with his IP.

If he wanted to do more star wars he would have instead of selling it off.

He also did a wonderful job on 1-3
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor