Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hated episode 7 but it had nothing to do with the directing... That being said as long as they don't completely copy another star wars movie i'm down with the current direction of the franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    just for writing jar jar in he should never again toutch that franchise
    Slightly disagree it wasn't the character of Jar Jar that was so bad. The concept of a clumsy well meaning hero is great. Making him talk like a retard WHEN NO OTHER GUNGAN TALKS LIKE THAT was awful...

Deleted
    Oh the hypocrisy.

In a way, I really feel bad for ol' George. He created something amazing with the OG trilogy and then wanted to expand on it's background. He could finally do what the tech in the 70's/80's wouldn't allow him to do. He was going to write the story that he had in his mind for years and show Star Wars fans what was what. He releases them to the public...and everyone fucking hates it. Most people hate him and what he did to their favorite movies. Poor George.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    No, Disney has already proven they can do better with his IP.
    By creating a mirror image clone of Episode 4 A New Hope?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You can say what you want. The numbers dont lie.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    the new star wars was great until you saw the lightsaber fight scenes. I thought I could even be good enough to fight with them if i had a lightsaber. Watch these scenes then watch qui gon and obi wan vs darth maul.
    You do realize that they are different on purpose, right? The fighting in the prequels is so stylized because its highly trained jedi in their prime. Other than touching it once Rey had literally never held a lightsaber before that let along fought with one, and Kylo was both already wounded and, while he'd had some training, odds are he'd never fought an opponent who was also armed with a lightsaber, just blasters.

Deleted
    I wouldn’t mind if he had some input, maybe not direct the film. Anyway, it’s a fan that started the petition and not Lucas himself...pretty sure he wouldn’t do it looking at the way he views TFA and Disney‘s new direction.

Deleted
    Lucas is an idea man.

He needs someone to say "No George that's fucking stupid. We ain't doing it."

If you indulge his every whim you end up with ... well the prequels.

Nope hes a donkey, and he doesn't want to do it anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    This just in, origin stories contain origin stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    Was going through the news feeds this morning and found an interesting story which lead me to this petition.

What are your thoughts on this? are you for it or against this petition?

(just noticed this thread appears twice in this category... no idea why it was created twice)

Only if its Star Trek 9!

Honestly the directing was never his strong suit.

Amazing there's still some die hard Lucas loyalists out there. I understand the original creator argument but in this case...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    the new star wars was great until you saw the lightsaber fight scenes. I thought I could even be good enough to fight with them if i had a lightsaber. Watch these scenes then watch qui gon and obi wan vs darth maul.
    The prequel lightsaber fights are soulless choreographed dance routines. The one in TFA is realistic and all about the characters and emotion of the scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    In a way, I really feel bad for ol' George. He created something amazing with the OG trilogy and then wanted to expand on it's background. He could finally do what the tech in the 70's/80's wouldn't allow him to do. He was going to write the story that he had in his mind for years and show Star Wars fans what was what. He releases them to the public...and everyone fucking hates it. Most people hate him and what he did to their favorite movies. Poor George.
    Yeah honestly nobody hated the prequels more than me but I feel sorry for him at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The love-hate relationship fans have with Lucas makes me laugh.

He sold it for a reason, and it wasn't money. He is/was done with fans and the franchise...

Star Wars was bought for $4.05 Billion. A cash cow franchise.

To put that into perspective.

Candy Crush was bought by Activision for $5.9 Billion. A shitty little app that only your annoying elementary school teacher plays and you just don't have the heart to defriend him/her.

If that isn't sinking in, let me spell it out for you. He quite literally gave away an empire. Not just the movies, but the stories, the games (which are no more), toys, licensing, etc. He then turned around and gave that $4.05 billion away to fund "education".

Star Wars was worth way more than that. My point is, if he isn't doing it for fans, if he isn't doing it for money, he sure as hell isn't going to do it to "correct" his story, then there isn't a whole lot of motivation for him to do this.

Before you go and start a petition maybe you should ask the guy if he even wants to do it.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-01-11 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You can say what you want. The numbers dont lie.
    What numbers? All Star Movies have done great boxoffice and the next movie will probably be even higher in sales due to more people getting in contact with the franchise. Or do you think The Force Unleashed, Lego Star Wars, the Clone Wars cartoon didn't help the ticket sale?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Lucas is an idea man.

He needs someone to say "No George that's fucking stupid. We ain't doing it."

If you indulge his every whim you end up with ... well the prequels.
    Again, a different script for Anakin and remove Jar Jar and EVERYONE would love the prequels. Stop acting like tools and don't break a movie down on 2 aspects.

The people want pulp fiction, wizards and warriors duking it out in spaceship dog fights.

Lucas wants political crime drama, with a dash of slapstick comedy relief.

There's no middle ground here, unless you count the CGI cartoon shows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Again, a different script for Anakin and remove Jar Jar and EVERYONE would love the prequels. Stop acting like tools and don't break a movie down on 2 aspects.
    I dislike the prequels for many more reasons than that.

The lack of effort. The poor acting performances. The fucking atrocious dialogue. The missuse of interesting characters and iconic elements such as lightsabers and the force. The complete absence of any discernable tone except in EPIII where it's all dark.
    They are poorly made by yes men who indulged every whim of a past it hack.

But that's being unfair on the man who gave me three of my all time favorite films. So how about we cool the name calling and get on with the discussion at hand.
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2016-01-11 at 10:28 PM.

George can't direct, sorry to say. He definitely shouldn't direct episode 9. Creative adviser is the best role for him, and I'm not sure how that's going to be after his comments about them "throwing away his ideas and doing a retro movie".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    By "rebooting" A New Hope and changing the genders of a couple characters, while making women gatekeepers of wisdom and strength and men clumsy and whiny?
    Yeah, bloody masterpiece!
    Lol what? Yeah Finn can be a bit whiny and was trying to run away but I really don't see any legit aims of misandry here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Don't speak for me. The prequels have many other problems past those two things.

Also, you tell people to not be tools by breaking a movie down on 2 aspects, but you yourself have latched onto 2 aspects that according to you hurt the movies.

Jar Jar only even had a significant role I. Episode 1 anyway. His role in 2 was greatly reduced and in 3 it was a non speaking cameo. And if jar jar had beem the only problem in PM it would have been a great film.

Deleted
    Really don’t see Jar Jar as a reason to dislike the prequels. He was annoying no doubt and probably included to attract children or something, but to go out and say EP1 sucks just because of Jar Jar is absurd. It does seem weird that he is the only Gungan that acts like that though...

I enjoyed the prequels but I doubt Lucas would be the right director, even though I respect what he has created.

I don’t understand the fans who hate him for prequels...hate is such a strong word, sure dislike a film but to say Lucas destroyed Star Wars with his newer films. Sort of feel bad for Lucas.