Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Horde Return of the Phoenix, 13/13H Headed Toward Mythic! Need RDPS

I'm going to list the meat first, and then I'm going out on a limb and just talk about our guild.

-Aggramar is a vanilla server, 70/30ish Alliance heavy, and Medium population PvE.
    - Tuesday/Wednesday Raid Days - 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
    - 13/13H (guild) 30 Pulls on H Archi Progression.
    - 12 or so in the guild are also 3/7M and 5/10M Highmaul and BRF
    - The only Horde side Aggramar guild to house experienced Mythic raiders and raid lead.
    - Looking for some ranged dps and maybe a rogue, DK, or feral druid.
    - Muleface #1192 or WolfofWar #1332 for more info. rotp.guildlaunch.com to apply.

Now for some history...

Return of the Phoenix has been around 5 years and saw some success in Cata and MoP raid-wise. Late MoP several of us moved to another guild on the server to raid at a higher difficulty. While there I led the only Horde raid team to kill Garrosh pre-patch (Server 3rd. We were supposed to be the "B-Team"), and managed 30-35 people going into Heroic/Mythic raiding come WoD. We have several server first kills under our belt through HM and BRF, and many more at 2nd and 3rd. After taking a break in late BRF progression (I'd been at it 3 nights a week for over a year as had most), I came back to a different GM with plans on moving the guild off-server. I and 15 others decided not to move and relocated to RotP, which I had been GM of for years. No drama, no garbage - we just didn't want to transfer. Several of these Mythic raiders are on an extended break at the moment, but plan on returning closer to Legion. I've known these cats for years now. They'll be back.

What's happening now is the building of a new core by building good habits running through Heroics and progressing as a new team with focus on "Raiding 101" type movements, communication, etc. What I greatly prefer is for someone to jump into Mumble and really have no idea who's actually in charge due to the fluid movements of a team who knows what's up. We're not in a big hurry, but we're most definitely not casual about the whole affair. The 13/13H we've gotten has been done in a little over 2 months. Not bad.

We're trying to add people slowly so we don't have a roster full of strangers. While the immediate goal is clearing heroic, we always keep our eye on the future when we'll have a bigger team or progressing through the real content and would prefer everyone know what to expect from each other instead of everyone relying on a raid leader for everything. We're a guild full of adults, and plan on keeping it that way. I can think of about 5 people we've recruited out of trade chat over a 5 year period, and they're still in the guild.

The guild covers ALL repairs while raiding, and meets you in the middle on off days. At the moment we're supplying all potions/flasks/feasts, and plan to as long as we can. We've had quite a few transfer in, and have made sure they didn't need for anything raid-wise while building their gold back up. We'll do this for anyone else as well.

Be up on your legendary ring. If you're adding your main (which we prefer), there shouldn't be any reason to be behind on it minus a break from the game (which is perfectly understandable).

I've followed the standard format for a recruit post till now. I've always done things my way and figured I might as well keep on doing that instead of the usual. An honest atmosphere is the only way to go, and I've tried to be as honest as possible with this post.

Thanks for reading. We hope to talk to you soon.
    Last edited by Muleface; 2016-02-16 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Updated to 13/13H progress.

Just getting this back to the front. Come talk to us!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have 2-3 coming tonight and I'm looking forward to it. If you just got started on Mythics - we're headed there. There's a place for you here. If you just got started on Heroics - that's fine, too. As long as you're "that" player willing to work and put in some time - there's a place for you, too. No, we don't just take "any-ol-body" but I guarantee there's room here if you're willing.

Had a good run with the Trials tonight! Hope to see more!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! Hit us up and let's see what we can work out.

Welcoming a couple to the guild in the coming days! Come check us out, folks.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping back to the front.

Just getting this back to being noticeable. Come check us out!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morning, folks.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    And again - good morning.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Added another last night. Rolling right along!

Have someone coming this weekend. Why don't you stop by as well? :P

Evening all

- - - Updated - - -

you guys see how quick we geared the new trail?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morning folks.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couple transferring this week. Looking forward to seeing a few more. We really only need 2-3 and we'll be ready to start Mythic HFC. Keep in mind we were doing HM and BRF while it was current, so I don't expect huge problems in HFC so late in the expansion.

Come be a part of something.

Just bringing this back to the front for people to see! ^~^

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morning folks!

Back to the top with this!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're on the brink of Mythics here. We only have a very few spots left. I'm not particularly picky about the classes, but definitely prefer ranged. We got behind on the final tier due to other guild transferring and people taking some breaks after working hard on HM and BRF, but this is a no-nonsense group (even though personally we're full of nonsense), and I fully expect to be progressing in Mythics in a few weeks.

Hit us up. There's a very good chance you won't be disappointed. We have several Mythic raiders on our roster and team, and haven't had any complaints yet about how we're doing things.

Add me to battle tag and let's talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the front!

- - - Updated - - -

And again up top.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mornin guys. Come talk to us!