Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes, you and me and some people do not need to worry about gold. You and me know how to milk the garrisons. Doesn't mean everyone does it, doesn't mean everyone has a gazillion gold.

EDIT: Found this thread from last year. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...WoW-player-has

Not that it is representative, but the people voting think most players have around 50 000 gold. Also there is this poll on reddit. http://strawpoll.me/4433851/r with almost 50% between 25k-250k in two segments
    There's really no need of polls.

Blizzard has stated (several times) that the percentage of players that have 50k+ is extremely small.Every single time a blue answers the " 50k gold cap on character transfers is stupid" recurrent thread they state that's the reason: almost no one has more.

And that's not because people dont make money its because they spend everything they earn.

Now we must remember: If you are Reading this there's a high chance you're not the average player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post

Blizzard has stated (several times) that the percentage of players that have 50k+ is extremely small.Every single time a blue answers the " 50k gold cap on character transfers is stupid" recurrent thread they state that's the reason: almost no one has more.

And that's not because people dont make money its because they spend everything they earn.

Now we must remember: If you are Reading this there's a high chance you're not the average player.
    Because people really don't need much more than that. 50k is a nice and comfortable amount that can afford most things the average player could want, with the odd 100k-ish mount they sometimes save up gold for.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post

That statement was way before Garrisons

Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    The end of MOP gold was 0.5$,/k now its like 0.15$/k.
    that is selling to a middleman. selling directly gets you another 10% to that.
    I've seen middle man prices reach 0.3-0.35 during the major patch. Sadly its hovering over 0.15-0.20 currently.

Out of curiosity, what do you think it'll be when Legion drops?

Deleted
    I had under 50 000g at wod launch

now somewhere 13m just cash, not included AH

imo it was too easy to obtain this much gold with 5 char, 5 optimized garrison, all different professions and making boe epics&upgrades

to the topic. Im pretty sure gold is lowest price it is ever worth.
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f4c7f4f; 2016-03-01 at 10:44 PM.

Back in mop a heroic/mythic garry mount run would set you around 100k if you want a mythic archy mount run on my medium sized server like mine they want 1.4 million!

it's about 5 times less valuable now than it was at the end of MoP. Toward the end of MoP / very beginning of WoD gold was on average around 80 cents to $1 dollar per 1k gold. That's what gold sellers would sell it for. Currently it's about 20 cents per 1k gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    Back in mop a heroic/mythic garry mount run would set you around 100k if you want a mythic archy mount run on my medium sized server like mine they want 1.4 million!
    I was part of a carry group in MoP that sold scorpion mounts weekly and we never considered selling one for 100k and never heard of anyone else that did either. One thing to also consider is that Garrosh scorpion mount dropped 2 per boss kill vs 1 that drops from Arch currently. The cheapest we sold a scorpion mount for was 250k I'm pretty sure. So in terms of gold inflation 1.4 million seems pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, I guess it is these generalisations of "There's loads of people that have done xyz" and "This is stupid because I say so" that pisses me off and you totally ignored the second part of my post.

Yes, there will always be people on every realm that are gold capped. Yes, there are lots of them on this forum. That doesn't mean everyone is like that and everyone is shitting gold. I spend a decent amount of time in my garrison, but building up 10 garrisons with treasure hunters and shipyards has also been a time and money investment.

And so what if you have 2 million now? A Blackhand mythic carry, an Archy mythic carry, a CM gold carry kills 1.5 million on my server. Most mounts on my BMAH go for the max price. People have gold and the prices rise. If you can slam down random claims of whatever "loads" means, hell...I have a guild full of people who hardly own 50k or 100k.

Even polls on this forum, where people are more advanced typically when it comes to achievements, raids and doing things, there were very few with a lot of gold and a broad mass that was a long shot under owning a million gold. Hell, if everyone is so rich, why do whe have whine topic when a specc change of 100 gold every time was datamined for Legion http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...old+do+you+own

Yes, you and me and some people do not need to worry about gold. You and me know how to milk the garrisons. Doesn't mean everyone does it, doesn't mean everyone has a gazillion gold.

EDIT: Found this thread from last year. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...WoW-player-has

Not that it is representative, but the people voting think most players have around 50 000 gold. Also there is this poll on reddit. http://strawpoll.me/4433851/r with almost 50% between 25k-250k in two segments
    You know, my garrison does ok, and I can definitely see ways to make more off of it, but that's not the experience I come to WoW for. I do enough of that in real life. I haven't bothered replacing/retraining all my followers, because doing so isn't very entertaining. I am gradually learning more tricks like how to transmute thousands of garrison resources into gold, but can't even be bothered to do that for more than 5 minutes/day. I'd rather play a lore-walking scenario than spend 10 more minutes in garrison. Or level and role play a new alt of some class/race I haven't tried before. If I do run short of gold for something I want (rare in these times), I don't mind selling a token because the game is cheap entertainment in terms of hours/$ even with an occasional extra $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    Mythic Garrosh was 100k, Heroic was definitely not, when the pre-expansion pack is released compare those Archimonde prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Subbing for gold is not a gold sink because it goes to people selling the tokens. Keeps it in the economy.
    That gold does almost certainly leave your server though, so it doesn't really stay in the economy.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That gold does almost certainly leave your server though, so it doesn't really stay in the economy.
    And anyone selling a token on your realm will add gold back in. Sure it's not very likely that your realm will buy and sell the exact same amount of tokens, but it should average out.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    And anyone selling a token on your realm will add gold back in. Sure it's not very likely that your realm will buy and sell the exact same amount of tokens, but it should average out.
    I really doubt it averages out. Sure there is some gold coming in from people selling tokens to other servers and vice versa. Since gold has drastically different values on each server and normally players on larger servers have access to gold easier I am sure there are servers that have far less people buying tokens for cash then others. Of course with how much gold garrisons passively make I don't know why anybody would spend cash for gold. I make about 50k a week from my garrison on a bad week. It is too the point I have capped mine and 3 other accounts on the 36 tokens you can buy in a 24 month period. I don't have a use for the gold the garrison is making now I certainly wouldn't pay to have more gold I don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

This late in an expansion. Where any decent guild already completed 13/13 mythic.

T
    just gonna take you up on that one, there is about 1200 guilds that done 13/13 mythic at this point. they are the only guilds you consider decent out off idk how many 1000 guilds raiding mythic at this point.?

yeah I know its off topic.

gold is worth quite abit less yeah as you can gold passively without doing much which is fine, there is also goldsinks like riverbeast til 50k...wich is more or less only mount collectors thats gonna buy.

also an argument...gold is worth a lot now vs mop. as gold = gametime. gametime = money

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Blizz pretty much killed off the worth of gold with WoD... things that used to go for 10-20k on the BMAH now cost 300-500k.

I picked up the Onyxia mount for 24k gold back in the day, now that mount would easily go for 500-999k.
    Wow This is so fucked up! WTB new CURRENCY SYSTEM instead replying golds FOREVER HOLY FUCK D"

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Mythic WF socket trash drops fence for over 200k on my realm which is highest pop pve server in the Europe atm.
    Regular mythic trash drops go for 60-80k gold.

This late in an expansion. Where any decent guild already completed 13/13 mythic.

That's insane. I remember in MOP things costing 5-10k gold once the initial rush died down. I could expect to pay about 100k gold for a raid-level crafted epic when the raid was new, but the price quickly dwindled down to something affordable. SOO crafted items were like 4k gold in July when I came back, that was like 10 months after SOO release.

If people buy late-expansion mythic trash drops for 100k+, then expecting 500k-999k (?) for BiS preraid trinkets isn't something outlandish. Inscription gonna make millions if it'll work on similar premise like always.

If you want anything of value from BMAH you need to camp it and max-bid it the moment such item spawns. Because every evening there's a small crowd of people doing the same thing. Shortly after wod release my mate managed to win old ZG mount for 470k gold (Dec 2014), now even easily farmable things go for instant cap.
    There are still servers with out a single mythic kill and almost 1/2 don't have mythic archi kills yet.