Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Who will play the new Indiana Jones?

This imdb post has been there for a while, just teasing us. But that has been there prior to the Lucasfilm sale to Disney.

It's logical to presume they will eventually reboot this series, but will need to recast Indiana Jones. As much as I feel that Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones, he's getting old...

Who is your top choice for a new Indiana Jones?

There are rumors of Chris Pratt. I think he was great in Guardians and Jurassic World, but I'm not sure how I feel about him as Indy.

Been thinking about it.. I actually think Jennifer Lawrence would make a good Indiana Jones. I don't know why.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2016-01-11 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Chris Pratt seems like a good idea. Michael Fassbender perhaps?

Others:
    Shia Labeouf as he was in the last one and he was Harrison’s helper or assistant. In fact "Mutt Williams is the son of Marion Ravenwood Williams. He has a very curious and adventurous side, not to mention a great appetite for thrills. It should come as no surprise to find that he is the son of Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. His real name is Henry Jones III." Shia played as Mutt, it’s a possibility. His acting skills are limited though, he is good at yelling I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This imdb post has been there for a while, just teasing us. But that has been there prior to the Lucasfilm sale to Disney.

It's logical to presume they will eventually reboot this series, but will need to recast Indiana Jones. As much as I feel that Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones, he's getting old...

Who is your top choice for a new Indiana Jones?

There are rumors of Chris Pratt. I think he was great in Guardians and Jurassic World, but I'm not sure how I feel about him as Indy.

Been thinking about it.. I actually think Jennifer Lawrence would make a good Indiana Jones. I don't know why.
    I don’t like her so much =/ I guess they could go with an actress..maybe Daisy Ridley? lol
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-01-11 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    Chris Pratt seems like a good idea. Michael Fassbender perhaps?

Shia Labeouf as he was in the last one and he was Harrison’s helper or assistant. In fact "Mutt Williams is the son of Marion Ravenwood Williams. He has a very curious and adventurous side, not to mention a great appetite for thrills. It should come as no surprise to find that he is the son of Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. His real name is Henry Jones III." Shia played as Mutt, it’s a possibility. His acting skills are limited though, he is good at yelling I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t like her so much =/ I guess they could go with an actress..maybe Daisy Ridley? lol
    Too British. Daisy was born in London and has a strong accent. Maybe they could do something about that, but Indy was American from the southwest.

And male. I'd much prefer they keep him male.
    Putin khuliyo

after Jurassic World and guardians of the galaxy Chirs Pratt seems like a no brainer to me. right mix of humor and down right sexiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Too British. Daisy was born in London and has a strong accent. Maybe they could do something about that, but Indy was American from the southwest.

And male. I'd much prefer they keep him male.
    Was joking. Male seems like a better choice, but a female could do it too (just depends on who though). We don’t see that many female with a lead role in an adventure/action film...really have no names to go off of cept Kate Beckinsale (Underworld) or Emily Blunt (Edge of Tomorrow). Doubtful they would suit the role.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-01-11 at 05:01 PM.

This might be a stretch, but how about Joseph Gordon-Levitt

They shouldn't even make another one...Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and plus even in the movies he's like 60 years old

Please no. What about nobody? There's no need for a new Indiana Jones film. Ford is one and only Indiana Jones as Steven Spielberg said.

"Spielberg Says No One but Harrison Ford Will Play Indiana Jones"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...ana_jones.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Please no. What about nobody? There's no need for a new Indiana Jones film. Ford is one and only Indiana Jones as Steven Spielberg said.

Yes except that means nothing because Disney also owns Indiana Jones.

Deleted

Hmm, article mentions Charlize Theron though, that could work. Made me think of Fury Road...maybe Tom Hardy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Yes except that means nothing because Disney also owns Indiana Jones.
    True words, they might take a female to play the lead than, like in TFA. That’s what the trend looks like anyway these days.

Would prefer they picked none.

Not really into a direct new actor as Mr. Jones.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jennifer Lawrence is starting to lose her steam, even the awards are starting to back off of her now. She been in total saturation mode for years now. You don't replace a Harrison Ford and other movies that have had big stars in them that grossed millions of millions dollars mostly from the people that are now older themselves would want to see the new ones as well. Problem is they have to create the movie around the new actor, because he or she is not going to be acting in the exact same way. Some movies and franchises should be left alone, in their original form, with the original actors in place. Remaking them or even continuing them with a new lead actor usually don't do all that well.

There are bunch of movies out there that have been remade with other people playing these roles and the tank like there is no tomorrow. They do the same with everything movies, TV shows, music, a lot of it does not look or sound as good as the person(s) that did them, even if they manage to change the story or the setting a bit to form around the new actors that are in place in the new version. Indian Jones is Harrison Ford and Harrison Ford is Indian Jones and until every single person on the face of the earth goes to their grave that have watched these movies multiple time. Harrison Ford will always be Indian Jones.

Hollywood needs to learn to come up with new ideas, because trying to dip back in the well all over again does not usually workout all that well for them, most of the time. There are lose rare moments, because of CGI and all the rest that they can make some of these movies come more alive than the previous ones, but Indian Jones, as long as Harrison Ford is alive is not one of those type of franchise they can just slap another person in and have it even come close to the way he acted in them to make them the movies they were and are to many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make a new character. No need to recast Indiana Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Just make a new character. No need to recast Indiana Jones.
    The Adventures of Philadelphia Pete....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    They shouldn't even make another one...Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and plus even in the movies he's like 60 years old
    Please no. What about nobody? There's no need for a new Indiana Jones film. Ford is one and only Indiana Jones as Steven Spielberg said: "Spielberg Says No One but Harrison Ford Will Play Indiana Jones"
    1000% This. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    This might be a stretch, but how about Joseph Gordon-Levitt

This is a good idea. I think he's severely underutilized. He was great in Inception.

Wasn't there a rumour is was going to be Bradly Cooper?

I think I could get on-board with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    As much as I feel that Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones, he's getting old...
    Have you seen the new Star Wars? This is the understatement of the year...

It's pretty obvious Lebouf is in line to carry this franchise on...

Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford ?

No thx. Not gonna bother watching that bullshit

Jennifer Lawrence is so fucking overrated. She was great in some films, but her acting fell flat in others. I remember one line that she delivered in the Hunger Games that actually made me cringe...I assume she hasn't been focusing on her acting as much as she should be after getting famous.

I vote for Benedict Cumberbatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not really. He IS too old to do it. That role is very physical and I don't think he can handle it at his age. They'd have to use a lot of stunt doubles and that can just ruin a movie.
    Makes me sad to think of a great like Harrison Ford getting too old to act in certain films. I feel like I grew up with his movies.