Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes. Money is required to fulfill basic needs.

Deleted
    So much first world back-patting going on here. If you can honestly answer "no" to that question it means you're already pretty priviledged, otherwise you'd be in the majority of humanity and dreaming the dream of having food for tomorrow, shoes or maybe not dying from dyphteria. You'd also not be posting here, I guess ;P

Essential to being happy? Of course it is. I assure you I was profoundly unhappy during my 2 weeks sleeping outside and eating out of dumpsters in Peru while I waited for my bank to replace the card that got stolen. I wasn't terribly happy working 60 hours weeks cleaning dishes so that I could sleep in a roach warren and eat pop tarts in the U.S. either, though it kicked the shit out of being homeless in a 3rd world country. Food and housing insecurity produce a level of anxiety and stress that nobody who hasn't been there can understand. Nobody in that situation is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    There are people who claim to live out of light.

Seriously, in this context, it seems implicit to me that we're talking about luxury goods.
    How people define luxury is very different so I'm taking it at face value a good is a good.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Am1ne View Post
    Hello, I wanna have some opinions about the title, thanks !
    Helpful but not needed.

ehhhh yes and no. yes that you do need money to be able to pay for the things you need. and no becasue after all your needs are fulfilled what you have left over can only do so much to make you happy.

Not required but in the words of Eric cartman "anything fun costs at least $5"
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Material goods...like food?

No way around that one.

Food and shelter tend to cost money, so yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    All that money and you choose her?
    She's very sexy (carries herself really well, etc) and has amazing tits. Sophie Turner gets bonus points for being a ginger but she just doesn't have the curves.

Quote Originally Posted by averyrodrigues View Post
    Money doesn't make you happy
    Makes me ecstatic. /shrug

Their essential if you want to survive.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Up to a certain amount, it is most definitely essential.

But everyone will have a point where more money won't equate to more happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Deleted
    More money won't equate to more happiness. Especially when your loved one is dying because of cancer that could be treated with a cutting-edge technology you don't have the money for.

I'd say no, but they are tools to make being happy easier. For instance, I dont have a car because I can't afford one. I think I'd be happier if I would be able to other places easier, like going to the woods with my dog etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not nearly as much as good looks and charisma.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

You Need some money to be happy. Why? Without it, you can't eat, have a place to sleep, stay warm or anything now a days. You don't need a lot of money, and can be perfectly happy with just enough to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly. You don't need a lot of material goods, but things like a home and a bed go a long way to ensuring you're happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    yeah of course

10+ Year Old Account
    In our current societal structure, Yes, you HAVE to have money to do ANYTHING.

Unless you're a moocher, but even then, someone is having to spend money to keep you happy.

You wanna move out into the wilderness, live off the land, and be happy? Most of the land, at least in the US, is owned by someone, including the government. In order to build on it, you're going to have to pay somebody.

So please, tell me, how do you plan on getting 'the necessities' such as food, water, and shelter without involving money or material goods? Especially considering all of the requirements to live ARE material goods. You can't eat dreams and wishes to stay alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Experiencing happiness is getting more difficult as time passes and right now i have more money than Ive ever had.