Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Honesty at its best
    What's wrong with it?

Back in the day I lived with 4 roommates. One day one of the guys thought our place was so disgusting he paid for someone to come and clean the whole place. I told him that was a ridiculous waste of money. After the cleaning I thought it was probably the best money ever spent. Now I have my own place with my gf but make that call when things start to get out of hand. Don't knock it till you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I'm not that lazy/wealthy yet.
    This seems to be an interesting point of view in this thread. Putting in the work it takes to get a well paying job so one can afford a maid is "lazy?"

BTW a single cleaning for $75 once a month doesn't seem that expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    Nothing actually, I'm commending you for being honest. A lot of people don't say that kind of stuff.

The internet is a funny place. When I'm serious people think I'm joking and when I'm joking people take it too serious. Text alone is tricky to decipher tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Nothing actually, I'm commending you for being honest. A lot of people don't say that kind of stuff.

The internet is a funny place. When I'm serious people think I'm joking and when I'm joking people take it too serious. Text alone is tricky to decipher tone.
    I guess because wanting some eye candy while also removing onerous tasks such as cleaning, cooking and other stuff is terrible nowadays. Screw whether that person earns a proper wage and likely is better off than many others.

Deleted
    I don't even know if they offer that here, haven't checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    have we learnt nothing from seinfeld and the maid?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    I don't even know if they offer that here, haven't checked.
    Reasonably sure you could find someone who's effectively a housewife without the entire wife thing attached to it but gets paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Every 2 weeks I get my house cleaned and blow job before she leaves. $120
    That'd be an awesome arrangement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, don't need one either. Maybe some day. And a cook. To make healthy foods.

We have a cleaning lady who comes for 4 hours every 2 weeks. Usually she does a bit of ironing as well.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If you have enough money for a maid you have too much money.
    If it's a maid that comes in once a week or two weeks it's actually not that expensive at all. Likely less than your cable/internet package :P now a daily maid that's there6 hours a day might be a different story.

You can get maid service for maybe 100 bucks a month give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I pay $1450/month for a small 1 bedroom, and I live in Houston, one of the cheapest big cities in the country. I also live next door to a graveyard (Howard Hughes's remains are about 200 feet from my front door).

$925 in Seattle sounds like a great deal to me.

- - - Updated - - -

My student dorm back in 2001 was about $950/month. They technically included food, but only during commissary hours, when I was either in class or at work.
    Yeesh, I pay 675 a month to rent a condo, everything but electric included. Then again, I live in Nowheresville in central MA, so that might help lol. OT, even if i had the money, I wouldn't hire a maid, I like to clean for some weird reason.

Quote Originally Posted by esach88 View Post
    If it's a maid that comes in once a week or two weeks it's actually not that expensive at all. Likely less than your cable/internet package :P now a daily maid that's there6 hours a day might be a different story.

You can get maid service for maybe 100 bucks a month give or take.
    The only thing I pay more than $50 per month on is my mortgage and food for the month.

100 for something I can easily do myself seems assenine.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I hate cleaning and my place is looking like a dump most of the time. So I hired a male maid for 100 bucks a month. He's stopping by once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    you talk about a maid but you describe a part time cleaner. two very different things
    Technically they are, but at least where I live in common usage the terms for a part-time cleaner/cleaning service are used interchangeably with maid/maid service, so for all practical purposes you can use either one and they will mean the same thing as its assumed that you mean someone who comes occasionally to clean your house and not having a live-in maid. The term live-in maid itself shouldn't technically exist then, since the original usage referred to the maids who lived in the residence of estate houses, so all maids would be live-in.
    It also, anywhere I've lived, means someone who comes and cleans the house, possibly dishes (though we always did our own for the few months we had a cleaner come), but I've never known anyone who uses one for laundry service.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf
    The only thing I pay more than $50 per month on is my mortgage and food for the month.

100 for something I can easily do myself seems assenine.
    You can make the argument about going out to eat at a nice restaurant. That can easily approach the costs people have been listing for a monthly maid service, but you're still paying for something you can do yourself. The problem is its not always so simple. For someone with a large family, especially when both parents work, its not about whether or not they can clean but rather staying on top of a house with 5 kids is a lot of work and takes a fair bit of already limited family time and it might be a higher priority to spend that time doing something as a family than dusting. Also when your monthly household operating budget is in the thousands, very easy with a decent house and mortgage and a handful of kids, tacking on an extra $100 can seem negligible for the benefit it can provide.

Every household should have discretionary spending in their budget at the end of the day, and its not really your place to say what they can or can not spend that on. Many people have hobbies that are just as, if not more, expensive per month than having a maid service; why is it ok for someone to spend money on a frivolous activity but not on a cleaning service so they can simply have some time to relax? I want you to explain this to me, and also provide a list of what sorts of hobbies and services are and are not acceptable for spending a discretionary budget on.

Also you never answered my question from before, where you stated
    No I have a pretty good idea what too much is.
    and I asked you what it was but you never gave the amount. Amount please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Yeesh, I pay 675 a month to rent a condo, everything but electric included. Then again, I live in Nowheresville in central MA, so that might help lol. OT, even if i had the money, I wouldn't hire a maid, I like to clean for some weird reason.
    Well apparently you could choose to clean for a rate of ~$50/hour. A maid visit in my area costs $100-110, and they clean for 2 hours.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    When I win the Power Ball, I'll have dozens of them. All topless.