Timewalking Reward and Struggle

It has been a long week of doing timewalkings on my tank, I farmed enough dungeons to get both of the WotLK toys, but no such luck for the mount yet. During this time I did a lot solo and probably 20 runs with friends. The dungeons with my friends went perfectly fine. They were fast, I had little fear of death, and knew at least that my friends could manage to do things an average player wouldn't know to do. Like a rogue or mage clicking one of the two pedestals in Old Kingdom then vanishing/invising.

However... No matter how bad my groups were when solo, and there were some exceptionally bad ones, the solo tank reward is too good to pass up. Putting up with hunters barraging entire rooms, either with a happy ending of me not dying or with the typical result of a wipe, or people doing ~600 dps (I would say the standard is around 2k, and anything above that makes me very happy). On the other side, dealing with a very bad healer, like this monk who was trying to get healing gear and thus was healing with an agility weapon and minimal intellect/spirit gear, is insanely frustrating. I am totally fine with trying to get some upgrades to play a spec you want to try, but actually playing the spec with entirely inadequate gear while not knowing what any of the abilities are? That is a bit too much to ask for. They at least had the decency to leave.

And as a side note. When did it become such a sin to point out when someone is doing poorly? I play a guardian druid, so I am fairly used to doing high amounts of healing, but doubling healers is upsetting and causes a big headache. A similar example is a melee died to Ick's poison nova, no one commented on it, then we went on and killed the two caster groups (these are entirely skippable, mind you, so long as everyone mounts up and runs up the hill together). After those two groups we get to the two skeleton pulls where you can skip the first one and the healer accidentally face pulls it. Not a huge deal, just a minute of time. The melee that died to poison nova calls the healer out on it calling him, or her, a noob. I make a simple comment about how that's ironic coming from the guy who died to poison nova just a moment ago. Incoming: shit storm. I'm suddenly being berated by someone that is probably younger in age, since he wanted me to know "im smarter than u irl" and has a PhD in physics. To reiterate: no one says anything when he messed up, but when he does end up getting called out he immediately flips his shit.

It just feels like if you want to get the toys and mounts in a timely manner you "must" do timewalkings solo with the call to arms for an extra 50 badges, which is more than any dungeon actually gives.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2016-01-12 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    I am totally fine with trying to get some upgrades to play a spec you want to try, but actually playing the spec with entirely inadequate gear while not knowing what any of the abilities are? That is a bit too much to ask for. They at least had the decency to leave.
    Yes, this is wrong. It may be 'cause people don't understand that you NEED healing gear in the timewalking dungeons to actually heal through some tank damage. The scaling makes these dungeons not as easy as someone would think.