Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Why would you pay $30 for a red dot on your screen when you could do the same with a dry erase marker? I used to do that for Counterstrike and Day of Defeat 15 years ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    If you like speed, you should like CoD. It's possible the fastest paced shooter out there.
    It still doesn't compare to the pace of the older FPS. And the weapons in those games were often either laser accurate, or still a lot more accurate than the RNG-fests in games like CoD. Hell, compare the snap reflexes/aim required for a good Pyro/Soldier etc. in Team Fortress2 even, and it makes CoD look like Goldeneye controls/pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Why would you pay $30 for a red dot on your screen when you could do the same with a dry erase marker? I used to do that for Counterstrike and Day of Defeat 15 years ago...

- - - Updated - - -

It still doesn't compare to the pace of the older FPS. And the weapons in those games were often either laser accurate, or still a lot more accurate than the RNG-fests in games like CoD. Hell, compare the snap reflexes/aim required for a good Pyro/Soldier etc. in Team Fortress2 even, and it makes CoD look like Goldeneye controls/pace.
    I don't agree. Never played TF, but I have played Quake, UT and Painkiller quite a lot.

Deleted
    1. I don't hate it but there are some facts which make me avoid it if possible.
    2. Due it being a mainstream shooter that requires little to no skill while still allowing some rewards it attracts a lot of children.
    3. They are generic shooters with outdated graphics, no interesting mechanics, pretty crap map design and hit detection is so crap I often alt f4'd because I myself killed enemies I didn't even hit.

They are brainless shooters, there is nothing bad about the franchise itself if you are into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like speed, you should like CoD. It's possible the fastest paced shooter out there.
    Hahahahahahahaha oh god my sides! that's like saying "if you like speed try this go kart, it can beat bikes".
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It's good games for when you just want some fast and easy kills, I can go without cod for a year, log in and get 30+ kills in the first game.
    Everyone can due terrible hit detection. Hence why it has so many people playing it, it rewards you for playing bad.

- - - Updated - - -

CoD has never, not a single time been the most fast paced shooter on the current market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It's good games for when you just want some fast and easy kills, I can go without cod for a year, log in and get 30+ kills in the first game.
    That's the perfect example of a low skill game right there. try doing that on duke3d-UT-Quake-CS multiplayer, you'll be mush in matter of seconds, i know it's fun getting to be the ubberleet guy in the team but lets be honest, it's not entirely because of the skill you have.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Well I don't hate it as such, I just stay far away from the Multiplayer part because I can't be bothered listening to kids screaming your ears out, that and I suck at competitive first person shooters so getting roflstomped repeatedly kinda kills the buzz for me.

I just hit the "Mute all except party" button and have fun.

CoD has never, not a single time been the most fast paced shooter on the current market.
    Oh then do tell since 2007 whats been the fastest paced shooter on the market since.

I don't agree. Never played TF, but I have played Quake, UT and Painkiller quite a lot.
    Here's a good example of the type of finesse rocket jumping possible in TF2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAEOiIF8Piw

Pyro reflecting of projectiles is then equal parts reaction time/flick aim and meta knowledge about how classes (players) move + knowledge of the map. Reflects can be either reflexively (reactionary) or predictive based on the firing/reload speeds of weapons, reaction time of the enemy when surprised (usually fire 1 sec after seeing you). So it can seem like "spamming" to random people, but in reality it's often calculated to various extents.

I get my fun out of the ones I pick up, My favorite is still MW2 it was leaps and bounds more fun (I know most people liked CoD4 MW1 more) but the kill streak stacking in MW2 was so fun.

I did pick up Blops3 and its very enjoyable, But I don't play it that much if I am playing a shooter I am on Gears of War been avidly playing that since 2016 very excited for the next installment this year, and Gears of War UE is the best online experience (if you can find a game =(...) Gears 3 had its positives and I played it a lot but the first game was so godly.

I hope they take library with G4 and do some crazy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Oh then do tell since 2007 whats been the fastest paced shooter on the market since.
    i'd consider TF2 way above that m8, scout ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I haven't tried enough shooters, but there is Tribes Ascend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I don't hate it. I don't go anywhere near it online though because i assume its mostly 12-14 year old boys yelling about how great they are and how they did your "mom"
    I've been playing CoD: Black Ops 3 for 42 hours now and haven't heard any young boys yelling. Also I see more trash talking in WoW random bgs than in CoD multiplayer. Might be that all the kids are playing on consoles? (I'm playing on PC)
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

I dont find it interesting really. I am not a huge fan of FPS in the first place but when i do play one its usually the art that ends up drawing me in. The stylistic choices of destiny, overwatch and borderlands are what draw me in to play those games.

I don't hate it. The single-player campaigns I've played through have been fun but nothing outstanding. Online's a waste of time for me though, I'm not a great FPS player at the best of times, and even worse with an Xbox controller. That and there seems to be no matchmaking whatsoever.

I've enjoyed the online gameplay and playing with friends. The only downside is the seeming obligation to buy the new game when it comes out. Sure you can just play the old one, but after a while enough have migrated to the new one where it makes the last one less entertaining.

The only thing that stopped me from playing the games anymore were the costs of Xbox Live. No way I'm spending that much money just for online play. Nor am I rebuying the game for PC when my friends who play that specific game are console gamers.
    Those who talk don't know. And those who know don't talk.