Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

People who come out with the dumbest excuses.....

To refresh peoples memory.
    VW spent many years and millions of dollars on a new engine design that in the end couldn't pass benchmarks set for performance or air standards set by countries where its cars are being sold but instead of scrapping the engine or redesigning it they purposely inserted a program to throttle back when tested. It was determined that it puts out 60x more pollution under normal conditions vs testing and is currently being sued by the US Government.

Cue this idiot.

http://thehill.com/policy/transporta...auto-emissions
    Volkswagen CEO Matthias Muller says his company "didn't lie" to federal regulators about its efforts to circumvent federal air pollution emission standards.

The German automaker has admitted to selling diesel models of its cars that had software installed that violated the Clean Air Act by activating required air pollution protections only during emissions tests.

Muller said in an interview with NPR that aired on Monday that the mixup up was "a technical problem," not an intentional coverup.

"We made a default, we had ... not the right interpretation of the American law," he said. "And we had some targets for our technical engineers, and they solved this problem and reached targets with some software solutions which haven't been compatible to the American law. That is the thing.
    "We didn't lie," Muller continued. "We didn't understand the question first. And then we worked since 2014 to solve the problem. And we did it together and it was a default of VW that it needed such a long time."

Volkswagen has admitted to installing "defeat devices" on about 482,000 diesel vehicles since 2008. The company has recently been found to have installed the devices on cars marketed under its Audi and Porsche brands.

The company programmed vehicles to trick emissions testers into believing its diesel cars released a much lower volume of nitrogen oxide than they actually do. In regular driving, the vehicles emitted up to 40 times more pollution.

Muller offered an apology to drivers for the problems that have been caused by the emissions issue.

"I have to apologize on behalf of Volkswagen," he said. "Second, I have to promise — and we will do the pledge — that we deliver appropriate solutions for our customers. As soon as possible."

Muller attempted to clean up the remarks about the emissions violations being a technical problem in a follow up interview with NPR.

"The situation is, first of all we fully accept the violation," he said in the second interview. "There is no doubt about it. Second, we have to apologize on behalf of Volkswagen for that situation we have created in front of customers, in front of dealers and, of course, to the authorities.

"We have to accept that the problem was not created three months ago. It was created, let me say, 10 years ago," Muller continued. "We had the wrong reaction when we got information year by year from the EPA and from the [California Air Resources Board]. ... We have to apologize for that, and we'll do our utmost to do things right for the future."

Seriously, why is it that some people break out the most obvious spin/lies when its clear they are convincing no one?

They will do all they can to get away with it.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    They will do all they can to get away with it.
    And if they don't, they get sued by their share holders. Capitalism!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

"Oscar, have you seen Grace?"
    "Yeah, she's in the hanger with AJ. Wait, did you say Grace? I thought you said BEAR."

wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    "Oscar, have you seen Grace?"
    "Yeah, she's in the hanger with AJ. Wait, did you say Grace? I thought you said BEAR."

wtf
    Bear's faceplate should never have broken. He was the best character.

OT: I think he pretty much has to. Spin is an acknowledged part of corporate practice, and if they didn't attempt to do it their shareholders might have tort.