Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Well, you cannot equate 130 deaths with 10. The more people die, the more dramatic it becomes in terms of social activity. There was no pray for London, either. Not saying that this is in any way more acceptable, but still - I don't think it has a lot to do with Istanbul being EU or not.
    110 People died in Turkey to suicide bomber again 2 weeks ago France thing happened, for your information. I bet you didn't hear about it.
    And I am not racing the numbers here. Dead means dead, 1 or 100 doesn't matter for me in terms of "terrorism". Gotta learn being human first rather than saying "100+ should attract more attention than 10 people dying"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    crying for '' they don't like us as the do x '' won't help in this matter while the head of the state flirts with isis my dear honeybunny.

turkey looks and feels more like the shithole of the world ( aka middle-east ) with each passing day.
    First of all, I am not crying. I am pointing out how things go unnoticed since people care for eachother only if they share the same skin colour or religion. Government flirting with ISIS is just a lie world wants you to believe in. Turkey gets attacked nearly every week by ISIS yet they still think Turkish government flirts with them. It's not that hard to think.
    Last edited by Caelnir; 2016-01-12 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/12/eu...ion/index.html

Haven't seen a thread on it yet and I don't think any of the current threads are a fit.

Will you be more careful in choosing where you are going to spend your holidays? I for one will, at least this summer and probably the next one. Even now I started to avoid crowds and events in bigger cities.
    Well, Turkey let them come and go as they like, so don't expect them to give a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caelnir View Post
    110 People died in Turkey to suicide bomber again 2 weeks ago France thing happened, for your information. I bet you didn't hear about it.
    And I am not racing the numbers here. Dead means dead, 1 or 100 doesn't matter for me in terms of "terrorism". Gotta learn being human first rather than saying "100+ should attract more attention than 10 people dying"

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, I am not crying. I am pointing out how things go unnoticed since people care for eachother only if they share the same skin colour or religion. Government flirting with ISIS is just a lie world wants you to believe in. Turkey gets attacked nearly every week by ISIS yet they still think Turkish government flirts with them. It's not that hard to think.
    And they sit there taking it, doing fuck all about it. Maybe start bombing Daesh instead of PKK? No that's not interesting when Daesh makes you oil money.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Well, Turkey let them come and go as they like, so don't expect them to give a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

And they sit there taking it, doing fuck all about it. Maybe start bombing Daesh instead of PKK? No that's not interesting when Daesh makes you oil money.
    Too busy shooting down planes mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Turkey isn't that rich to deal with 2 terorrist groups at the same time. Plus, I could ask you the same question?
    Why none of EU countries are not bombing them either? And just sitting there watching? Why France did nothing afterwards they lost more than 100 people? Bombing another country means shit loads of money that you will never see in your life
    This is not as easy as you think, like playing Red Alert

Well, you cannot equate 130 deaths with 10. The more people die, the more dramatic it becomes in terms of social activity. There was no pray for London, either. Not saying that this is in any way more acceptable, but still - I don't think it has a lot to do with Istanbul being EU or not.
    Charlie Hebdo attacks had a similar number of deaths and then everyone was marching through the streets and everyone's name suddenly became Charlie for a week.

Because bombing ISIS works so well at deterring internal terrorist attacks, just look at how safe Western countries were the past year. Oh wait, it doesn't. PKK poses more of a threat to Turkey than ISIS so of course their priority is to bomb the PKK.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Turkey isn't that rich to deal with 2 terorrist groups at the same time. Plus, I could ask you the same question?
    Why none of EU countries are not bombing them either? And just sitting there watching? Why France did nothing afterwards they lost more than 100 people? Bombing another country means shit loads of money that you will never see in your life
    This is not as easy as you think, like playing Red Alert
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/16/mi...rikes-on-isis/

Just what the fuck are you on about?

Haven't seen a thread on it yet and I don't think any of the current threads are a fit.

Will you be more careful in choosing where you are going to spend your holidays? I for one will, at least this summer and probably the next one. Even now I started to avoid crowds and events in bigger cities.
    Did I read that correctly, a Syrian is responsible for the latest attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Charlie Hebdo attacks had a similar number of deaths and then everyone was marching through the streets and everyone's name suddenly became Charlie for a week.

Because bombing ISIS works so well at deterring internal terrorist attacks, just look at how safe Western countries were the past year. Oh wait, it doesn't. PKK poses more of a threat to Turkey than ISIS so of course their priority is to bomb the PKK.
    Finally someone who can think logically. It's funny that people think Turkey buys oil from ISIS.

USA who destroyed Iraq in few weeks, couldn't destroy bunch of terrorists for more than a year now (ISIS)
    Doesn't it sound like they have some kind of benefit from that?
    Do you really think USA would let Turkey buy oilfrom Syria at all?
    Why USA is the only country that has the chepaest oil even tho they don't have oil reserves?
    Even if Turkey would want to buy oil from ISIS, they wouldn't be able to.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If it's closer to home you're going to react differently (most people anyway, especially the media), that's just the way it works. Seems unfair I'm sure but that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    It makes you wonder, maybe he felt despair or resentful that he was stuck in Turkey and couldn't get to Germany? Just think of how many lives could have been saved if he had been given asylum in Germany and led a happy life there, rather than developing an envious hatred of Germans.
    That guy was most likely a religious fanatic, such people are to put it simple insane. Not to mention the chances for a refugee living a happy carefree life in Germany are slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/16/mi...rikes-on-isis/

Just what the fuck are you on about?
    Dude, bombing a country with plane means just a "show" They still do nothing. Why they are not sending their soldiers to Syria like Turkey did? Russia,France, Britain bombed Syria, I know those but what for? They are doing it once to make you think they are fighting with them, except they are just burning few millions dollars on empty Syrian mountains. None of them will actually put a real effort to finish it. You can be sure about that.

Dude, bombing a country with plane means just a "show" They still do nothing. Why they are not sending their soldiers to Syria like Turkey did? Russia,France, Britain bombed Syria, I know those but what for? They are doing it once to make you think they are fighting with them, except they are just burning few millions dollars on empty Syrian mountains. None of them will actually put a real effort to finish it. You can be sure about that.
    That shit won't end until the middle-east is a radioactive ground zero.

If it's closer to home you're going to react differently (most people anyway, especially the media), that's just the way it works. Seems unfair I'm sure but that's pretty much it.
    What's "closer to home" though? For a person living in Greece for example or Eastern Europe in general there's a decent chance Istanbul is closer to them than Paris is.

It's not about being closer. As I said before it is about skin colour and religion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's "closer to home" though? For a person living in Greece for example or Eastern Europe in general there's a decent chance Istanbul is closer to them than Paris is.
    Well, western countries in general will be more reactive to western countries getting hit (U.S, Canada, Europe). We still see pretty much everything reported here but the coverage when a western country gets hit is somewhere around times 20. This again is of course influenced by trends, what kind of stories do people tend to read more than other stories.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about being closer. As I said before it is about skin colour and religion.
    That's pure speculation.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2016-01-12 at 07:45 PM.

Well, western countries in general will be more reactive to western countries getting hit (U.S, Canada, Europe). We still see pretty much everything reported here but the coverage when a western country gets hit is somewhere around times 20. This again is of course influenced by trends, what kind of stories do people tend to read more than other stories.
    It's biological kinship.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flowering Sunset View Post
    It's biological kinship.
    Private sector media outlets are businesses. If web-stats showed a lot more clicks generated for news about nigerian incidents over stuff happening in Europe there would be a lot more coverage.

Private sector media outlets are businesses. If web-stats showed a lot more clicks generated for news about nigerian incidents over stuff happening in Europe there would be a lot more coverage.
    I can't tell, are you agreeing with me?

Sad news, if he had help I hope they catch them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    That shit won't end until the middle-east is a radioactive ground zero.
    So what, you need to unilaterally kill innocent people so that other people don't unilaterally kill innocent people?

The literal fuck?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.