Deleted

"This is stupid" should not be considered too different from "you are stupid".

It appears that there is a precedent in this forum to allow almost all posts that outright say to people "your post is dumb and stupid". But people are defined here only by what they post. That's their identity here. So claiming that someone is stupid and what he wrote is stupid is little different.

The practice also violates Guidelines already in place that dictate proper contact, civilized discussion and plainly not trolling users of the forum.

I know that there is a precedent also followed by mods, but it might be best to leave it behind. Few people see a difference between the two.

Smart people do and say stupid things.

Don't be so easily offended. It leads to troubles dealing with the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately moderation is a practice well in the field of the abritrary and the position is voluntary. there are people who come and go, who do not recieve warnings or infractions. all you can really do is report a post. it's not like there's anything but personal incentive to enforce policies strictly.

But really, a heated topic of conversation should be able to have some amount of vitriol in it because the speakers are passionate about what they are talking about, but not to the point that it devolves to nothing but personal attacks and name calling.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-01-13 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roent View Post
    Don't be so easily offended.
    Don't jump the gun. The immediate cause of this post was again seeing someone I don't know doing it to someone I don't know either. It disrupts the forum when people troll each other with such taunts that add nothing to a discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you can't distinguish between a stupid statement, which intelligent people make from time to time, and a stupid person then that is a you thing. If I say the Earth is being held up by turtles in the face of the mountain of data that proves otherwise I am being stupid. If I simply make that statement once it's a stupid statement. I don't think pointing out things like this should be considered an issue.
    You have no need to call their post dumb and stupid. You can say why it is wrong.

If an idea is stupid and the reasons why are provided, what could possibly be the problem with that? If someone doesn't think an idea is stupid, they can provide their reasons.

If the word stupid is considered disruptive, maybe we should all just sit in corners with our hands folded in our laps quietly humming to ourselves.

This is stupid. I'm out.

Everyone has their moment of stupidity - Usually happens when alcohol is involved

Besides i think it's you just have a lack of knowledge and tbh there isn't one person out there that knows everything and if there is ... hes a liar :P ... but i digress.
    If you have been proven wrong with facts then you are wrong and you accept it and correct your understanding of it, throwing away your old knowledge of that subject, but if still go on to believe you are still right then you are ignorant of fact and logical reasoning, and yes then.. you are stupid
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-01-13 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm sorry. So you want the ability to say stupid shit and not get called out for it? That's pretty stupid my friend, you might wanna rethink what you are wanting. Personally I find it ridiculous how to want more moderation than already occurs. Seeing the complete lack of consistency on infractions already you want to make it worse? My suggestion is to grow up and deal with being told your idea is stupid rather than trying to get an adult to spank another user. Get used to it too, because from what I see come out of you often qualifies you for being told this.

maybe its time for some real world for you. This whole thread is indeed super stupid

"This line of thinking is stupid and this is why" is very different from "you are stupid". Now people can do both at the same time and that's not ok. If you see someone who is crossing the line to name calling please report it so we can take a look and review it.