Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW graphics keep resetting !!!?

Hello there. I'll give it a shot and ask here since no one at EU forums knows a solution, just many people have encountered this problem as mine, whenever I change something (i.e. volume) my graphic settings set themselves to Ultra .. and it's always like that, they just keep resetting by itself whatever I change in System settings.

Is there any fix for this, or anyone had same problem that fixed?

ps. Before someone asks, no I'm not using Nvidia's GeForce Experience or AMD's Gaming Evolved apps.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW's settings file is the Config.wtf file in the WTF folder. Make sure it isn't readonly and make sure that you have permission to access the file.

If you do not have permissions to write to Config.wtf, run wow as admin once, change all settings as you want them then restart back in normal mode.

It might actually have nothing to do with permissions for your WTF folder. Check to see if you have the option to use separate settings for battlegrounds and instances toggled on. If you do, set them to your preferred settings the tab for them or just turn that setting off. Ultra is the default setting for BGs and instances for some reason, so if you for whatever reason turn that setting on but do not go into the BG and instance tab to set up your preferences it'll automatically set everything to ultra when you enter an instance and will not revert to your outdoor settings when you leave. That the settings don't revert is probably a bug, but it's been doing that since the option was introduced so I guess it's low priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck I hope these suggestions work for you.
    Lately I've been having a similar issue. For some odd reason my "Mature Language Filter" likes to turn itself back on.
    So far nothing works. Not quite as annoying as the graphics settings I'd imagine but I don't enjoy seeing the random %$&^ lol.

Nothing of those suggestions worked... Read-only was turned off by default already.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have a graphics card interface? Like NVIDIA GeForce Experience? Because that may be overriding your preferences, if so you can customise it in the graphics card user interface for your ingame preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gudovan View Post
    do you have a graphics card interface? Like NVIDIA GeForce Experience? Because that may be overriding your preferences, if so you can customise it in the graphics card user interface for your ingame preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squickly View Post
    ps. Before someone asks, no I'm not using Nvidia's GeForce Experience or AMD's Gaming Evolved apps.

I had the exact same issue OP. Everytime I changed one option like view distance everything was set to ultra, it was really annoying. The thing is I had planned to buy a new computer which I did and I encounter no problems in this one. Sadly I never figured a solution to the problem, goodluck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squickly View Post
    Hello there. I'll give it a shot and ask here since no one at EU forums knows a solution, just many people have encountered this problem as mine, whenever I change something (i.e. volume) my graphic settings set themselves to Ultra .. and it's always like that, they just keep resetting by itself whatever I change in System settings.

Is there any fix for this, or anyone had same problem that fixed?

What do you do, when you are finished playing?
    Alt-F4? In that case, nothing gets saved..
    Exit button? Settings should get saved.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Always going "Exit game"...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same problems for month, if I change volume settings in game everything resets to ultra immediately, without exiting or anything. I hit accept and instantly everything is on ultra. I don't adjust in-game anymore.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Do you have Windows 8 or 10?

Is this a new install/PC? If so was WoW downloaded or copied from another PC?

10+ Year Old Account
    In my case, Windows 8 and not a new anything. Doesn't happen on other computers, either.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Turn off read-only on the WTF folder or run wow in Admin mode

If your using any addons that re-organize your unitframes, turn it off and see if its the same problem. had this problem once with TUK ui, had to delete all addons and wtf folder and re-install tuk for it save gfx settings.

Deleted
    I am having the same issue as you, It's pretty annoying =/

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to say guys that blizzard knows this is a issue and they will be fixing it in a future patch

Source - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17288890500?page=1#3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Update:

I deleted WTF/cache/addons folders yesterday (basically moved em to another HDD). Settings and everything reset new folders were created and guess what problem remained.

I don't have that NVIDIA program and NVIDIA settings are NOT affecting wow anyway. I am really hoping this is a bug and not something like auto-detect to lower certain graphics attributes so the graphics card can hold.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...90500?page=1#3 blizzard knows this is an issue and they will be fixing it in a future patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you have WOW installed in Program Files on any version of Windows after XP (Vista or later), this will happen unless you have UAC turned off. The solutions: turn off UAC, or don't install games in Program Files.

Deleted
    Fix settings, log out, exit game. Open up wow again. Worked ?