Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My favorite meme was the one where he directs his own biography and then the actor who plays him wins the Oscar.

Did "Ali G" tell Olivia Wilde 'He was well fed.' because of her breastfeeding photoshoot or 'You was well-fit'? to where she replied 'Thank You' and then the screen is cut to 'The Room' preview

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Did "Ali G" tell Olivia Wilde 'He was well fed.' because of her breastfeeding photoshoot or 'You was well-fit'? to where she replied 'Thank You' and then the screen is cut to 'The Room' preview
    Pretty sure he just said "you is well fit". There's a v-sound going from "you" to "is", making it sound like "youwis", because of his accent. And, yes, obviously he'd say "is" and not "are", because that's how he speaks.

http://zap2it.com/2016/02/oscaras-20...ia-wilde-joke/

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    My favorite meme was the one where he directs his own biography and then the actor who plays him wins the Oscar.
    That one was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I never saw that one, can you link it?

I finally saw this thing. It was pretty bad. All the race related stuff sidetracked the whole thing. Ugh.

Honestly, I thought the whole thing was embarrassing and shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I finally saw this thing. It was pretty bad. All the race related stuff sidetracked the whole thing. Ugh.

Honestly, I thought the whole thing was embarrassing and shameful.
    Yeah. It seems to be much less about entertainment and more about biased political statements/movements these days.

Does anyone find Chris Rock funny?

Never understood why he is so big. He just talks fast and says really obvious stuff. Some of his jokes like Kevin Hart stealing all his jobs were the only jokes that made me chuckle

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched Spotlight last night and while I thought the performances were great, the movie itself was simply good.

I felt like they kept saying, "Oh don't fuck with the church man. One dude ended up "breaking his leg" on a skiing trip after fucking with the church." But nothing happened. The only part that really got me was when Mark Ruffalo yelled at the boss dude about how they needed to run the story on the 14 documents they got. I dunno, it just wasn't what I expected.

Performances and writing 10/10. Actual story 8/10. Maybe going into it knowing that it is the "Best Picture of 2015" ruined it for me.

I didnt enjoy the ending of spotlight. It just felt kinda flat. And too "artsy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I didnt enjoy the ending of spotlight. It just felt kinda flat. And too "artsy"
    Yeah, I felt the movie was at its best when it was dealing with the survivors, but it also was its downfall because there wasn't any tangible stakes. The survivors were all old enough that they would never be abused again. If they dealt with an actual child victim other than referencing children victims then it would be far more powerful and really make the stakes real. But that would be super controversial probably so I understand why they didn't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Cause it's a true story and that's what the journalists actually did. They were investigating cases from years ago that got buried by the Churches.
    I know its based on a true story, but I think perhaps if a true story isn't compelling then perhaps you shouldn't give it the best picture award. This is my opinion of course but I feel like the actual story of the movie is very flawed. The only possible reason I could see for this movie being made is to bring attention to this issue again, because the issue certainly isn't resolved in the movie. If that is the case, then I can get behind it as a message, but as a movie I feel it falls short.

Cause it's a true story and that's what the journalists actually did. They were investigating cases from years ago that got buried by the Churches.
    Yeah but its a movie not a documentary.

Makes sense it won though, the movie was trying to make a point with current issues and the Oscars just eat that stuff up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah but its a movie not a documentary.

Makes sense it won though, the movie was trying to make a point with current issues and the Oscars just eat that stuff up.
    Pretty much this. I mean the movie got a response from the Pope, so perhaps actual change will come from it, so if the Oscars want to give it props for that then I can respect that, but as an actual movie I think the story is pretty jumbled.

It wouldn't make sense to show the perspective from recent child victims, because the coverup went back years, and those old cases are what started the Journalists to investigate the whole thing in the first place.
    The movie was about a lot of different cover ups. Not just the church but Boston city, police departments. Corruption as a whole. Plus as an audience member and human being in 2016 you already know the ending of the actual world events.

It didn't come off as a documentary to me. This was a HUGE thing to uncover and shed light to, so why disrespect the events by adding in things that didn't happen, merely for shock value.
    I didn't quite mean it was trying to be a documentary, just that you have a bit more creative freedom within feature film media. And I agree completely it should remain faithful and respectful particularly when actual victims are involved. And I won't echo poppincaps thoughts on more focus should have been given to the victims. I said I felt the ending was left too open ended and felt flat. Plus it didnt really feel like the movie lead up to anything or there was any major pay off. Which I get it wasnt trying to do, it was trying to be more open ended to get the discussion going and it clearly worked on that. Just wasn't my cup of tea for escapism fun which is why I watch movies. I already know what I think about mass cover ups and Priests having their minds warped by years of religion and ridiculous doctrine like celibacy