Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    We can stop pretending they are fine with our water laws. http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...mas-water-rule
    Sounds like the law overstepped some boundaries and got shut down, suggesting that a vote against this implies ones an anarchist makes as much sense as saying anyone opposed to the patriot act is clearly pro terrorism and unpatriotic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Except 70% of Americans want them to have a path to citizenship, and outside of the delusional republican demographic everyone recognizes that illegals cannot vote so deporting them would have no effect even if it were possible to deport 12 million people.

- - - Updated - - -

As I have said 70% of Americans think that they should have a path to staying legally. Statements such as yours don't change that fact.

Just because a majority of people want something doesnt make it a law. They can use that majority to enact laws that change the current laws and retro actively make these people citizens and if its 70% it wouldnt be hard. Its also more like 30 million and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Sounds like the law overstepped some boundaries and got shut down, suggesting that a vote against this implies ones an anarchist makes as much sense as saying anyone opposed to the patriot act is clearly pro terrorism and unpatriotic
    Where did I say that? I just gave a couple examples of government regulations and said I had a hard time seeing how they would infringe on life, liberty or pursuit of happiness. You said they the regulations were minimal and not what Rubio meant when he talked about free enterprise. And I pointed out that one of the regulations I have mentioned is actively being attacked by the right. So again, where did I imply one is an anarchist for opposing the clean water act?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    The GOP's black and white stance on immigration is also a sure fire vote loser. ~70% of Americans believe illegal immigrants should have a pathway to staying in the country legally. ~2/3 think immigration is a good thing for the country. Like on practically everything else they need to moderate their stance, so choose some sort of in-between stance instead of being so virulently anti-immigrant (same with abortion really). Even on terrorism they are so far gone in fear mongering that it will not win them more votes (though perhaps not cost them any).
    Illegal immigrants are illegal. They need to enter the country legally so they can be vetted to make sure they are law-abiding citizens.

You will find that sane Republicans are for legal immigration.

But what the U.S. has now is completely out of control. And there's a reason for this.

But don't worry: we are going to build a big and beautiful wall.

Trump 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Illegal immigrants are illegal. They need to enter the country legally so they can be vetted to make sure they are law-abiding citizens.
    Most illegal immigrants did enter legally. They just didn't leave when they were supposed to.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

You will find that sane Republicans are for legal immigration.

But what the U.S. has now is completely out of control. And there's a reason for this.

But don't worry: we are going to build a big and beautiful wall.

Trump 2016
    By wall you mean establish a good immigration reform and policy (Like the Congress is refusing to do)? Or do you mean a physical feat of stupidity?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    By wall you mean establish a good immigration reform and policy (Like the Congress is refusing to do)? Or do you mean a physical feat of stupidity?
    Immigrants need to be vetted to see if they are law-abiding citizens.

We can't import crime.

I am a Lincoln Republican myself.

You are a kind person, Crissi. The best advice I can give you is to find other kind people.
    No you aren't. Because Lincoln was a LIBERAL. Not conservative. You apparently don't know what the fucking Southern Strategy was do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No you aren't. Because Lincoln was a LIBERAL. Not conservative. You apparently don't know what the fucking Southern Strategy was do you?
    Lincoln was at war with banking cartels who wanted to monopolize the country.

Does this sound familiar to you?

Lincoln ended their slave trade.

I suppose you believe white males owned the slave trade, right?