Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It didn't seem that rare according to the reports I read in altered time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The ring doesn't lose half its damage. Half its damage is just listed under prismatic crystal instead.

Go try it on a dummy.
    No, it is actually possible to lose ring damage if it ends up weirdly timed with PC expiring.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    No. What you say may make some sense if you're only talking about a 1 or 2 second difference. Otherwise, it's practically immediately because the ring is known to lose half its damage if it coincides with the crystal.
    Yes, that bug exists. There's still enough time that you don't have to drop it immediately once someone pops the ring.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2016-01-27 at 03:21 AM. Reason: deleted the double post

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That would just run you out of mana which devalues your mastery even more and it will desync your evocation cooldown as well, rather stick with orb.
    How would I run out of mana, I'd just be casting AM for most of the extra duration?

Also - as I mentioned, PC is not an option for me - so I have to go with options that don't include its use.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    How would I run out of mana, I'd just be casting AM for most of the extra duration?

Also - as I mentioned, PC is not an option for me - so I have to go with options that don't include its use.
    The problem is that due to the legendary ring any damage you can cram into the 15 second duration will be greatly magnified which is why crystal is much higher than the other options.

Overpowered isn't as bad as made out to be here though. Altered time has sims for it.

But running anything else over PC is just hurting your raid during progression. The damage you can pump out on things like the shadow add on iskar is what helps you skip some mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    But running anything else over PC is just hurting your raid during progression. The damage you can pump out on things like the shadow add on iskar is what helps you skip some mechanics.
    But he said twice now, that Crystal is NOT an option for him.

Arcane Orb is higher DPS in certain cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    Arcane Orb is higher DPS in certain cases.
    Tobinax, PC is always superior to AO, if one wants to be optimal. If you have trouble using PC on certain fights it is OK to pick another talent (and yes you might pull out more dps, but not because AO "is higher dps in certain cases", but because YOU do worse with PC), but at the end of the day PC is the way to go. PC>AO>OP (with tier and fight >2 mins).

Stop using Simcraft only with 1 target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop using Simcraft only with 1 target.
    Who said anything about sims? I am talking about HFC fights - HF assault is maybe the only fight where AO is worth taking over PC, because no wave lasts long enough for the full PC duration and adds are moving constantly and etc... Iron Reaver - PC, Kormrok - PC, HFC - PC, Kilrogg - PC, Gore - PC, Iskar - I go with AO here, since add damage (Shadow of Iskar or whatever) is most important, Soc - PC, Tyrant - PC (a bit tricky, but once you get used to it it is the best choice), Zakun - PC, Xul - PC, Mano - PC, Archi - PC. 30% more damage during burn phase for 12 seconds and considering that burn is about 50% of total damage done with maxed ring, no way AO is getting slightly close to PC... ever.
    Last edited by AngelovV; 2016-02-01 at 09:55 AM.

Not only Assault, Xhul can be higher DPS with Arcane Orb on progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it matter progression or not? Start progressing with PC and by the time everyone is comfortable with the fight and you execute it good enough for a kill to happen you will be doing much more damage with PC than with AO. AO is easy to use, spam it on cd and you have no problem with anything with PC you need time to know how when and where to use it and progression kill offers pulls and time in which you learn the answers of those three questions.

PC gets more valuable the higher ilvl your ring is. I used AO on a few fights during progression (which was either before or with a very low ilvl ring) but if I were to do them again now with a maxed out ring I would run PC unless it were absolutely impossible.

795 rings give lower DPS on 3 targets on PC simulations currently. The main reason the top logs give Prismatic Crystal is that the fights last too little. On a fight like Xhul that may last on progression for more than 5 minutes, it may still be a handicap to be on prismatic crystal, and it has mechanical disadvantages on the adds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    AO is easy to use, spam it on cd
    That's not how it's used and it's harder than the PC rotation. The only harder part on the PC rotation is if the boss moves after placement and it's not moved in most fights.
    Last edited by WarcraftMages; 2016-02-01 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    795 rings give lower DPS on 3 targets on PC simulations currently. The main reason the top logs give Prismatic Crystal is that the fights last too little. On a fight like Xhul that may last on progression for more than 5 minutes, it may still be a handicap to be on prismatic crystal, and it has mechanical disadvantages on the adds.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how it's used and it's harder than the PC rotation. The only harder part on the PC rotation is if the boss moves after placement and it's not moved in most fights.
    Enlighten me then, please. How am I supposed to use AO for maximun output if not using it on cd (and don't tell me not to use it when at 3xAM or if mana will get to 100% after GCD + AB cast, because this is understandable)

It's not only about Arcane Missiles and mana, you must use it on low Arcane Charge too. With only 3 targets it gives 4X Arcane Charge on the spot. That makes the rotation slightly more complex than a patchwerk Prismatic Crystal.

The main damage it does isn't itself, but the indirect effects it produces. Arcane Barrage is more frequent (the most hard-hitting regular spell per second), Arcane Missiles are more frequent, and by extension PoF is boosted.

Arcane Blast is also incredibly more frequent on its maxed version during conservation.
    Last edited by WarcraftMages; 2016-02-01 at 12:25 PM.