Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    At the time overwatch is going to be f2p (and i hope and expect it wont be) things will go south. I am more interested in the idea of buying a game and get all the extra goods by actually playing it, than go for a small price (or free even) and buying all the stuff afterwards. It also drives away kids that are not so sure about playing the game. Plus blizzard is going to put effort in keeping the game upgraded via minor and major patches without adding any extra cost, except expansion packs.
    That's my 2 cents.

Edit: I saw people talking about microtransactions in overwatch. Yes the game has a currency which you get from loot boxes to buy stuff. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Overwatch is F2P. You just have to buy it first. There is no subscription model.

I dont believe they will completely remove the buy prize. Lower it? Sure. Everything gets lowered at some point

F2P refers to not having to pay at all to play. You could technically say WoW has a F2P component since you can do the Starter Edition absolutely free without the B2P portion.

Overwatch however has NO F2P aspect. You canNOT play unless you buy the game.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.