Core of the Primal Elements worth the stat loss?

Tonight I just got Core of the Primal Elements (the class trinket that increases flame shock damage by 150% and doubles the duration). The passive seems rather underwhelming and honestly, doesn't really seem like its worth the stat loss.

The trinket it would be replacing would be a 705 baleful with 319 int and 319 mastery. I'm really hesitant to give up THAT much intellect for that passive. I feel like the 150% extra flame shock damage would be a net loss once you factor in shaving off a bit of damage from every other skill like lightning bolt, lava burst, etc. I'm not much of a theorycrafter, can anybody vouch for the trinkets strength or is it not as good as I suspect?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's bis. Just remember everytime that your casting flame shock, to make sure you have 2x Fusion stacks and you use it with unleash flame. Here is a log from one of our raids, check my dmg done. Or rather look at the FS dmg :P , you'll see why it's bis . Crazy good trinket!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...wDyn73#fight=4

You would be silly not to use it, it is that good.

Does that mean I should add unleash flame to my rotation only for refreshing flame shock? I haven't been using it at all, because I read that unless I've got unleashed fury talented (I don't) I shouldn't be using it.

Also I have no idea how to read or interpret that warcraftlogs link.

Quote Originally Posted by sergeantbbq View Post
    Does that mean I should add unleash flame to my rotation only for refreshing flame shock? I haven't been using it at all, because I read that unless I've got unleashed fury talented (I don't) I shouldn't be using it.

Also I have no idea how to read or interpret that warcraftlogs link.
    Yes, only use it for flame shock or if when you need to move. you should have elemental fusion talented, and once you get 2 stacks of elemental fusion, then you cast unleash flame, and then apply your flame shock. this will give flame shock its best dmg per tick.

I use a weak aura to track elemental fusion stacks. it helps a lot.