Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Unrelated to locks, but this line of thinking confuses me so much. WHY do people enjoy having to pick talents based on situations when they used to be baseline? It's completely backwards.

Having to go through a UI to change talents, which used to be baseline, depending on situation totally screams class flavor and identity to me. What happened to the philosophy of people picking talents because they prefer them in their playstyle with the new talent trees?
    Because its false thinking.

It is rather like this: These mechaniques and skills are being removed to focus on another class fantasy or an other gameplay experience. But in order to make people happy who enjoyes how the class has been they add these abilities back as talents so you can pick fromthem if you really want to.

Same goes for MM Hunters. They remove SV as a ranged spec but if you really loved the gameplay style of SV you can spec talents in MM to convert the MM skillung to be playable like the old SV spec.

Too me it sounds like a win win situation.
    You can, if you want, stay roughly on the same level and gameplay style as before but you also could explore new ones.
    Of course it will not be 100% the same because of balancing and overall design decision like the removal of ccs across the board, but you will be able to skill backdraft it is not completely gone.
    And as a SV Hunter you will be able to skill blackarrow and lock and load. It is not completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Boomkins have allways been mobile. They allways have had instant starfall and travelform to shift out of roots/slows and get away. Since classic.
    What you fail to see is that they have to use a global cooldown for each shift.

Stop comparing yourself to other classes who are fundamentally different. A Boomkin foe example doesn't have fear, nor a Pet, he doesn't have a low cd interupt and no seduce. A boomkin also doesn't have mortal coil.
    Different classes are different.

Warlocks are meant to be immobile, period.

But it kinda is a running gag since classic that warlocks are allways crying despite beingallways extremely viable in both pvp and pvp.

And yes I keep ignoring everything you say because what you say is either wrong or stupid and just crying without arguments.
    You just don't want to accept the fact that EVERY class is losing stuff. I have never said that every class is losing the same amount or the same things, but these classes are losing things they liked.

It is the direction blizzard is intentionally trying to follow: Making ALL classes unique again. What you are demaning is that you as a warlock get everything every other class has.
    This is not going to happen. Every class will get its niche. A firemage will be an extremely mobile caster, while a warlock will not. A warlock will shine in other aspects like in selfhealing and cc. And of yourse DoT damage.

And guys stop saying that removing abilities is dumbing down the game.
    A game where every class has everything like it currently is, is dumb. Because there is no real difference between classes nor their playstyles.
    Fewer abilities with holes in their toolkits allows for more intelligent playing. You have to overcome the limitations of your classes via skill and prediction.
    Boomkins' mobility was based on Cat Form and Dash. When they were in danger, they could shapeshift or use Dash. Right now, they don't have to go Cat Form, because Displacer Beast, already does it for them and they Blink with increasing their MS. When they get back to do dps, they go Moonkin Form. That makes 3 secs GCD. Now, they're mobile in Moonkin Form. Insta Starsurge, Backlash proc, Starfall KJC. They didn't have those before. Well, they had insta Starsurge, but that was a proc. Now, they can cast that anytime when they have enough Astral Power.

You say that they're trying to make the classes unique. I totally understand this. However, removing KJC and Backlash from us and giving to Boomkins' doesn't make classes unique. This is just being lazy. They made Outlaw as pirates, Survival as tribal warriors, Sub as master of shadows. All 3 I have counted got new things when they were made unique. Destro? They removed a lot what we had and made it unique? Come on. Destruction can't destroy anything like this.

Every class lose some spells ofc they do, I'm not blind. They lose, while they get something different to be unique. Making half of our abilities as talents and removing the rest is making Warlock so unique. Rogues lose Recup, they get Crimson Vial. Spriests lose Shadowform they get Voidform. Demo will be unique, I liked new Demo. Destro? Just a dumbed down Fire Mage. Aff? Their dots do little dmg, if you don't channel Drain Soul(Drain Life in Legion). Oh of course, Drain Soul is a talent now.

You talk about the most OP healing in WoW, Drain Life. That spell is so incredible, it heals us %3, while Sub Rogues get a talent called "Soothing Darkness," with that they heal %3 in every 1 sec while in stealth. Crimson Vial heals insta %30 and had 30 secs CD. Oh I'm sorry, you said that Warlocks were meant to be immobile. Well, Rogues were meant to not have good selfheals. Hell, they have even better heals than us now. Healthstone heals 50k, that's %10 of our health and doesn't fucking reset in combat anymore. Ember Tap is gone, it's would be a good change, if we had something in return like Rogues.

Dark Soul got removed and we got a talent called Mana Tap. Also Life Tap is back. Dark Soul was increasing our crit chance by %30 for 20 secs, what Mana Tap does is, it consumes %40 of our mana and gives us %15 dmg for 20 secs. Only Chaos Bolt's dmg got buffed for %21. Meanwhile, 2 Shadowburns hit more than CB and costs the same amount of Soul Shards while being instant. If you can't see the bullshit here, then you're the most retarded person on this world and in any other world.

You know what? I think I solved you. You want to win this discussion and you think repeating the same things over and over again makes you a winner. You think like this, because at first I approached you politely and immediately you said, "Cry more" , "I wrecked you". You think this is a personal thing. I'm talking about the whole classes and you want to win the discussion. You can't win, when your words are an opinion and mine are facts. I come to you with comparised numbers, while you mumble the same things. Prove that I am wrong, prove that Warlocks are getting treated fairly by the devs, then you will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    Boomkins' mobility was based on Cat Form and Dash. When they were in danger, they could shapeshift or use Dash. Right now, they don't have to go Cat Form, because Displacer Beast, already does it for them and they Blink with increasing their MS. When they get back to do dps, they go Moonkin Form. That makes 3 secs GCD. Now, they're mobile in Moonkin Form. Insta Starsurge, Backlash proc, Starfall KJC. They didn't have those before. Well, they had insta Starsurge, but that was a proc. Now, they can cast that anytime when they have enough Astral Power.
    Boomkins could also cast a lot while moving in vanilla as moonfire spam was actually a thing back then. Sub-optimal, but viable when being chased/kiting someone.

Destro? They removed a lot what we had and made it unique? Come on. Destruction can't destroy anything like this.
    Agreed, they removed a lot of things, but we can't destroy anything? Think about this combo for example: Bane of Havoc + Wreak Havoc + Shadowburn. Instant cast area effect that casts Havoc on all targets in the location while Wreak Havoc removes the cooldown. Proceed to empty Shadowburn on all enemies, which is also instant-cast. All this can be done while moving and with a bit of skill you'll shadowburn an entire enemy team in arena. Conflagrate, which is also instant, to regain shards. On top of that Destruction has a PvP talent called "Improved Backdraft" implying that we get Backdraft back baseline.

Aff? Their dots do little dmg, if you don't channel Drain Soul(Drain Life in Legion). Oh of course, Drain Soul is a talent now.
    That mechanic is being removed. DoTs will hit for normal values again. Drain Soul/Life/Haunt don't increase the damage of your DoTs anymore.

You talk about the most OP healing in WoW, Drain Life. That spell is so incredible, it heals us %3, while Sub Rogues get a talent called "Soothing Darkness," with that they heal %3 in every 1 sec while in stealth. Crimson Vial heals insta %30 and had 30 secs CD. Oh I'm sorry, you said that Warlocks were meant to be immobile. Well, Rogues were meant to not have good selfheals. Hell, they have even better heals than us now. Healthstone heals 50k, that's %10 of our health and doesn't fucking reset in combat anymore. Ember Tap is gone, it's would be a good change, if we had something in return like Rogues.
    Destruction gets an Artifact Talent that increases the damage and healing of Drain Life by 60%. Affliction has an Artifact Talent that makes Healthstone heal you for 100% and also heals you when someone else uses a healthstone. We also get Fel Armor back as a passive, passively increasing all healing received by 15%. Still meager for Destruction, but it isn't playable yet and has one PvP talent empty, so maybe they have something else to heal in store for us as well.

Dark Soul got removed and we got a talent called Mana Tap. Also Life Tap is back. Dark Soul was increasing our crit chance by %30 for 20 secs, what Mana Tap does is, it consumes %40 of our mana and gives us %15 dmg for 20 secs. Only Chaos Bolt's dmg got buffed for %21. Meanwhile, 2 Shadowburns hit more than CB and costs the same amount of Soul Shards while being instant. If you can't see the bullshit here, then you're the most retarded person on this world and in any other world.
    Mana Tap is one of the worst ideas proposed. No arguing from me whatsoever on that one. Regarding the damage done; Blizzard has said, while releasing every alpha build so far, that they have not done ANY numbers tuning whatsoever yet. On top of that Destruction isn't even playable (which does worry me to some extent). Dark Soul's damage will be baked into all of our base spells in the end, but not now.

You know what? I think I solved you. You want to win this discussion and you think repeating the same things over and over again makes you a winner. You think like this, because at first I approached you politely and immediately you said, "Cry more" , "I wrecked you". You think this is a personal thing. I'm talking about the whole classes and you want to win the discussion. You can't win, when your words are an opinion and mine are facts. I come to you with comparised numbers, while you mumble the same things. Prove that I am wrong, prove that Warlocks are getting treated fairly by the devs, then you will win.
    Please calm down, this isn't helping you make your point. You're taking it too personal as well. If you're annoyed by personal insults, please don't fall to the same level, as now it's kind of a pot calling the kettle black kinda thing
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2016-01-18 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Unrelated to locks, but this line of thinking confuses me so much. WHY do people enjoy having to pick talents based on situations when they used to be baseline? It's completely backwards.

Having to go through a UI to change talents, which used to be baseline, depending on situation totally screams class flavor and identity to me. What happened to the philosophy of people picking talents because they prefer them in their playstyle with the new talent trees?
    Because no king rules forever, my son.

Sometimes blizzard just see some combinations of skills too strong to maintain everything baseline.
    Sometimes they just want to see us to rethink how to play with we get.
    Sometimes they're just trolling and don't want us to play with the spec ( Miss u demonology :-/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Boomkins could also cast a lot while moving in vanilla as moonfire spam was actually a thing back then. Sub-optimal, but viable when being chased/kiting someone.
    Locks didn't have bad mobility too. Corruption+Agony+Conf+Shadowburn. Pets are also like dots. Counts as insta dots if they're alive before combat starts. Affs could just dot, Fear, RP walk away and all the enemies died. If Talime talks about this, then he's right, but we don't have it anymore.

Agreed, they removed a lot of things, but we can't destroy anything? Think about this combo for example: Bane of Havoc + Wreak Havoc + Shadowburn. Instant cast area effect that casts Havoc on all targets in the location while Wreak Havoc removes the cooldown. Proceed to empty Shadowburn on all enemies, which is also instant-cast. All this can be done while moving and with a bit of skill you'll shadowburn an entire enemy team in arena. Conflagrate, which is also instant, to regain shards. On top of that Destruction has a PvP talent called "Improved Backdraft" implying that we get Backdraft back baseline.
    I think they'll merge "Improved Backdraft" with the main "Backdraft" talent and replace with something else, if "Backdraft" will be a talent. Also, you we won't need "Bane of Havoc"+ "Wreak Havoc" in the arenas, except for 5s. In BGs, that would be nice to have both Havoc Talents. In the same tier with "Wreak Havoc", there is "Channel Demonfire" which looks really nice. With that ability, we won't even need Chaos Bolts. Conf+Immo+Channel DF+Conf+SB+SB... Then we need something else. Incinerate is bad as a filler, since we lost Dark Soul. Fel Flame would be so nice, but we shouldn't hold our breathes for it.

That mechanic is being removed. DoTs will hit for normal values again. Drain Soul/Life/Haunt don't increase the damage of your DoTs anymore.
    UA's dmg got doubled, because it's a Soul Shard consuming ability now. Agony's dmg got nerfed from %435 spell dmg to %297 spell dmg. Corruption will dmg for %183 in 14 secs, in WoD it's %235 in 18 secs. So, Corruption's dmg is almost the same. Drain Life is the filler and Haunt is the burst, if you pick it. As you said, Drain Soul/Life won't increase the dot dmg. Drain Life hits for %375(with a new Aff baseline called "Secrets of the Necrolyte) in 6 secs. Drain Soul hits for %600 in 6 secs and heals %2 less every second. They cost the same mana. So, picking Drain Soul doesn't worth in PvP.

Damn, I was complaining about Destro, but Aff is actually worse. Phantom Singularity and Siphon Life do awful dmg and awful healing. You can check it from here I marked the talents: http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EQAl If they trigger GCD, then they're not worth picking, since 1 tick of Drain Life is almost equal with the whole period of their dots.

Also, I can't find Soulburn anywhere in Legion.
    Destruction gets an Artifact Talent that increases the damage and healing of Drain Life by 60%. Affliction has an Artifact Talent that makes Healthstone heal you for 100% and also heals you when someone else uses a healthstone. We also get Fel Armor back as a passive, passively increasing all healing received by 15%. Still meager for Destruction, but it isn't playable yet and has one PvP talent empty, so maybe they have something else to heal in store for us as well.
    That Healthstone talent is so slick, I have to agree. I think we lose Blood Pact tho, but every class lose their passives like this I think. Like Arcane Brilliance. Drain Life talent of Destro isn't bad too, but I prefer Healthstone talent in every condition. Btw, our Drain Life healing is already for %4 if you pick Harvest Life and Drain Life glyph. Also it's healing increases by %10 every second.

So right now, Drain Life heals like this in 6 secs:

1st sec = %4
    2nd sec = %4,4
    3rd sec = %4,84
    4th sec = %5,324
    5th sec = %5,8564
    6th sec = %6,44204

Average = %5,14374

%60 Drain Life buff in Legion means, %4,8 heal every second. If you compare the new Drain Life with our current one, you'll see that it's a %0,3 nerf. I'm not even mentioning that Drain Life can't replace Ember Tap.
    Please calm down, this isn't helping you make your point. You're taking it too personal as well. If you're annoyed by personal insults, please don't fall to the same level, as now it's kind of a pot calling the kettle black kinda thing
    You're right, I shouldn't have said those words. I just can't stand arrogant people dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Backdraft wasn't exactly iconic or anything, surprised they didn't remove it altogether.
    Yet Backlash was and it was completely taken from Destro.

Eh this bothers me far, far less than putting Circle as a talent in the same row as the best defensive CD

Really depends on numbers tuning more than anything.

I do agree it LOOKS bad, especially looking at toolkits of other classes, but in TBC we had virtually no offensive or defensive cooldowns (woo death coil), and no mobility, and were still one of the strongest classes in both pve and pvp (yes, two different specs, but other classes have this problem too)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    Really depends on numbers tuning more than anything.

I do agree it LOOKS bad, especially looking at toolkits of other classes, but in TBC we had virtually no offensive or defensive cooldowns (woo death coil), and no mobility, and were still one of the strongest classes in both pve and pvp (yes, two different specs, but other classes have this problem too)
    With the difference in TBC the amount of interrupts were very limited between classes, we had a ton of cc, good selfhealing and we actually had one of the best defenses, Soul Link.

In legion we pretty much got none of these while every class in the meantime has gained an interrupt, a pseudointerrupt and most melees have 100% uptime on you. It looks extremely bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to be "that guy" but anyone who says that destro/warlocks have always been immobile and should always be and it's fine being so, clearly haven't played WoD.

There's a reason why Cobrak for example haven't actually touched arena in 9 months.
    And it's not from a lack of time or commitment.

Come Legion we'll be happy to have either A defensive cooldown or A getaway mechanic while every other class collectively runs circles around us.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legion is still 8 months away. The sky is NOT dropping on our heads yet. I understand concerns, i do not understand the absolute "we will suck, i will reroll, Warlocks are dead etc" We are still far from a playable version of Destro and yet you bring destruction to the class (see what i did there, har har).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Legion is still 8 months away. The sky is NOT dropping on our heads yet. I understand concerns, i do not understand the absolute "we will suck, i will reroll, Warlocks are dead etc" We are still far from a playable version of Destro and yet you bring destruction to the class (see what i did there, har har).
    You must be new here. All of this is called "classic warlock Before new expansion panic".

It happens before every new change, not only new expansions. Every little thing that is removed or changed is ALWAYS for the worse, you must learn this if you want to master the warlock class.

Also all new spells/talents are AWFUL. this part is almost more important to learn than the previous.

I know this stuff should be in the guides, not sure why its not. wierd.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you call someone whose main (and first class ever in WoW) is a warlock since April 2005 "new", kk, sure. Trust me, i'm well aware of the downfall that the initial Warlock class has had those almost 11 years. Thing is, people here speculate about changes and numbers when NOTHING of those is yet finalised. It's a direction, it's a trend, but to call the class as worthless when we have only half the picture (and again, NOT EVEN PLAYABLE DESTRO, at least when the posts were made) is just plain silly and rushing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Well, if you call someone whose main (and first class ever in WoW) is a warlock since April 2005 "new", kk, sure. Trust me, i'm well aware of the downfall that the initial Warlock class has had those almost 11 years. Thing is, people here speculate about changes and numbers when NOTHING of those is yet finalised. It's a direction, it's a trend, but to call the class as worthless when we have only half the picture (and again, NOT EVEN PLAYABLE DESTRO, at least when the posts were made) is just plain silly and rushing.
    Ofcourse it is silly. But if youre so experienced, and well aware of this "the sky is falling" phenomenon. Maybe you should've learned that you just have to let these newkids cry in peace.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron