Bluetooth headphones getting bad audio from PC [SOLVED]

Just got a pair of cheap bluetooth headphones, and while they work fine and sound great with my phone, when I pair them with my PC, the audio they receive sounds like it's coming out of a 90's cell phone.

I'm assuming it's something to do with the bluetooth dongle I've got for my PC? It's an old D-Link one; not sure what model.

Also, the device is showing up as a "handsfree" in Windows; could that perhaps be making Windows downgrade the audio quality?

Herp a derp. I need to use my eyes.

There's both a "Handsfree" device and a "Stereo" device. Set the "Stereo" one to default, and everything sounds fine.

D'oh.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-01-15 at 04:01 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a similar problem but it's with my speakers; they sound great with my phone, but with my pc they're shit. I've just been using my phone, but I'd love to use my PC if I could figure out what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    I have a similar problem but it's with my speakers; they sound great with my phone, but with my pc they're shit. I've just been using my phone, but I'd love to use my PC if I could figure out what's wrong.
    Does it show up as two separate devices like it does in the screenshot I posted there?