Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Between this, X-Files and Xena, that's a lot of reboots.
    Don't forget Twin Peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Nah, its just business as usual for Hollywood. They're just trying to bank on nostalgia from original viewers and hedging it with new and shiny for the most recent generation.
    The remake of Battlestar Galactica was an amazing show. 8.8/10 IMDb, 94% RT. Just because a show is remade or rebooted, doesn't mean it'll automaticaly be bad, or that it'll be made with nothing but money in mind.

I think they should just put the chick from that mini 24 series they showed. the chick from Dexter. She did a good job at being a field agent.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Well she had a lot of practice, 5 seasons playing a secret agent in Chuck. I'd like to see her come back, but she has resigned (not that means she can't return).

I do love Yvonne something fierce.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    urrgh, another reboot.

Have we officially run out of new ideas?

Looks like they are going with 2 leads, Miranda Otto just signed on as the second lead http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/24-l...to-1201690295/

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, that moment in Mass Effect when I realize the bad girl eyecandy was Yvonne was zomg.

I dunno what it was about 24... I liked it well enough, it just got too formulaic, even after Jack's life fell apart 18 billion times.

I also kinda disliked how they'd "wrap up" one plot after a few episodes, but continue into a completely different world ending threat... IN THE SAME !@#$ING DAY...

I guess what I'm saying... is write the season arc all at once, and then write the episodes to fit into that overall story. Not just whip it out of you !@# everytime the deadline for the next script is coming up. What is this, Matrix 3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    She's amazing. Hannah Mckay <3
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one can replace kiefer Sunderland. He owned that role.

That said, the structure of 24 is great and pretty easy to replicate. And its not like they didnt change up the cast a lot in the original 24. (Jack, chloe, tony, palmer etc aside).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they include Yvonne Statahovsky in some way because she is smokin hot
    Hi

All i have to say is there better be 24 fucking episodes, the series is called 24 based on the 24 hours the show covers in a season and how each hour has an episode, The last 12 episode season was dumb and should have been 24. I really dont care if its mediocre i want a show with 24 episodes, tired of tv shows cutting down into the low teens for episode count.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    All i have to say is there better be 24 fucking episodes, the series is called 24 based on the 24 hours the show covers in a season and how each hour has an episode, The last 12 episode season was dumb and should have been 24. I really dont care if its mediocre i want a show with 24 episodes, tired of tv shows cutting down into the low teens for episode count.
    If I recall correctly, the plan was for Legacy to be 12 episodes.

Deleted
    Here he is, Black Bauer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24:_Legacy

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They replaced kiefer sunderland with an unknown dude with weird eyebrows and forehead. Yeah no thanks. This looks like dogshit.

ugh.. 24 was a legendary show probably the best action show of all time imo, I liked the 24 episode version as well, more lots and some subplots were silly but overall it was a great show every season, except 3 was kinda meh. i might watch the new reboot but without Kiefer doing his yelling and threatening it loses its charm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    without Kiefer doing his yelling and threatening it loses its charm.
    And breathing. Don't forget about the breathing. If I remember anything about 24, it's Kiefer panting heavily between every word.

http://theactionelite.com/2012/07/2010/

Out of breath actors

Have you ever noticed how a select few actors always seem to sound like they’re short of breath? No matter what the role is, they always seem to sound like they’re going to pass out. Here’s the top 4 off the top of my head. Anyone I’m missing?

3. Kiefer Sutherland: DAMMIT! Understandable really that Jack Bauer is always out of breath, from running around like a blue arsed fly to killing pesky terrorists and shouting at Chloe on the phone. You’d think after all this exercise he’d be fitter and wouldn’t be so tired all the time. It’s not just 24 though; watch Dark City and Touch and the poor lad is still totally beat. Take a seat son, before you fall down.
    Yup.

I suppose the panting is some kind of an acting technique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Black Bauer:
    I laughed way harder at this than I should have.

24 was cool for the first few seasons but after awhile the formula got old. Jack captures and interrogates suspect, yells and screams at him, uses illegal/prohibited torture techniques to get intel, promises amnesty to suspects in exchange for information. All the while there's a mole somewhere in CTU and nobody knows who it is despite the fact that they keep sneaking away into random corridors to make sketchy hushed phone calls every half hour. CTU gets a new director every season, Jack becomes a fugitive and has to talk to Chloe in secret, who then has to help Jack without anyone else finding out. Oh, and almost every major threat in the show is caused by either the President or some other high-ranking government official in some elaborate conspiracy theory.

The whole real-time concept was neat at first, but then I found myself nitpicking too much. There were a lot of gaping flaws, like that one time Kim and a mountain lion had a staring contest for almost 2 whole episodes. Also, somehow Jack can go from one side of LA to the other in 10 minutes in rush hour traffic. If you're not from LA you might not realize how far some of the places he travels to and from are, but if you've lived in LA then you'd know that it would be literally impossible for him to travel that far in such little time.

I'll probably check this out to see how it is, but unless it is amazingly good, I don't see myself keeping up with it.

Edit: Holy crap I just watched the trailer and that is some HORRIBLE acting...I know the original 24 didn't have stellar acting by any means, but this is seriously trash.
    Last edited by Denkou; 2016-05-18 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I laughed way harder at this than I should have.
    Well, I lifted that "joke" from the Youtube comments, so I can't take credit for it, good or bad.

Also, "Jack is Black", another "joke" from the comments there, a play on words from this:

Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-18 at 10:34 AM.