Deleted

Are countryballs copyrighted?

Does anyone have any info on this?

Deleted
    What i mean is, if i intend to create a contryball based product for profit, will i get sueued?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBro View Post
    What i mean is, if i intend to create a contryball based product for profit, will i get sueued?
    I hope you will.
    Blatant stealing is for derps.

They were created by anonymous image boards, no one hold's any legal right to the design. By it's nature, they're not supposed to have a fixed design anyway.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I doubt it, seeing that there are merchandise of le epic reddit maymays sold all over the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably considered public domain. You can use it, but you forgo some copyright protection for using it... Or something like that. I am not a lawyer.

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview...domain/welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    countryballs? You mean Polanball?

what the hell are countryballs ? the nuts of a country ?

Deleted
    WTF is countryballs

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    WTF is countryballs
    http://i.imgur.com/2tmUCpt.jpg

this stuff

The right belongs to whoever made them before you, so in a sense, yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Is this a thing?

Deleted
    Its called Polandball for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    The right belongs to whoever made them before you, so in a sense, yeah.

Yup. Unlike trademarks copyrights don't need to be registered (although they can be). Because copyright is inherent and as long as you can prove you were the original author you own it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is this a thing?
    No, you are dreaming. We are trying a new form of deep neural communication with coma patients. If you can read this message, WAKE UP! We miss you.

Some in the Poland ball community might get mad and if you make a lot of money you'll get sued.

Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-01-25 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Shrunk the image size to be less disruptive

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    So is there any way i can find out if these are copyrighted in any way? I searched the web but on luck... I mean those things are round shapes of various country flags, can you even copyright or trademark anything that has some countries flag on it? Arent flags owned by citizens of their respective countries?

I find it hard to believe this would be copyrighted. I'm sure though there never was a similar case in court in Poland.

I mean, who exactly would sue you? Only the original creator could. But who he actually is? From what I know the original comics were posted anonymously. Is it even possible to prove that you were the original comic creator? Today these comics are so common and spread that they could probably be considered a part of public property.