Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    All three, for fun, for saving time (because time saved is time precious for all), and for gold. Helping myself and others = more gold. Especially as a tank or healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    to fuck dragons up and take their stuff

I really enjoy raiding with my guild and I am happy that we improve every raid tier. I can't count how often i nearly fell of my chair laughing during progress.

To play with my friends and have fun, of course.

Have fun killing bosses with friends.

Killing bosses. Don't think there is all that much I could improve at the moment in terms of personal play. I could learn to play more classes optimally but that's just not my thing and not really that useful outside of a say top 20 guild anyways.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-01-19 at 12:49 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    To enjoy the game, having fun. I've had tears in my eyes from laughing while wiping on a boss. Progress is nice, but I would pick fun over progress.
    (Up to a certrain level of course).
    Quoted for truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my theory. I play games for fun. I play WoW to raid as I find that entertaining. Generally, speaking I will play the type of character that benefits my guild, in which I can play successfully. This means, if we don't have any of a class and they absolutely want that class in raid. I may be able to switch to it. Though, this will be the first expansion, I don't switch my main between expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    To slay internet dragons of course.

My primary reason to keep playing is that I play with a group of players that I enjoy playing with. That said, if there was no form of gear progression or competition between DPS, I'd probably be playing a different game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I sense that most people imply that "fun" is something without a quota, without a karma. That's very wrong. Playing only for fun, is not playing for the team, it might not be improving a character and it may not be adding skills.

I get it though, it's an alternative option.

Just saying, it's not karma-less.
    When I raided on the cutting edge from Vanilla through Wrath I did it for me. I did it for progression of my character. It was a necessity to progress my character because there was no character progression outside of that. The guild was just a necessity to get there. It was when the guild demanded personal sacrifice "for the good of the guild." that I stopped raiding. My IRL phone number so they could reach me when I wasn't playing WoW but they "needed" me? Fuck that. Mid-Wrath through present day character progression is possible without joining a serious guild, and when I raid I still do it for me, not a guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I sense that most people imply that "fun" is something without a quota, without a karma. That's very wrong. Playing only for fun, is not playing for the team, it might not be improving a character and it may not be adding skills.

I get it though, it's an alternative option.

Just saying, it's not karma-less.
    Fun comes with it all its bound to playing as a team and playing to improve yourself otherwise there is no point in doing it.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

i raid for fun, but what makes it fun is beating other people on the meters and first time boss kills. a little friendly guild shittalking and competition is what makes raiding for me tho. Like for example if blizzard for some reason consolidate all dps into "raid" dps i would not have as much fun.

PEEEEOOOOOPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Without them I would be nobody

Deleted
    I play for fun, my way to have fun is to try and find my own way to play optimally. I don't like to say I play for fun though, since these days everyone who's rubbish and is afraid to admit it go around "well I am just playing for fun duude". Someone causes a raid to wipe -> "Lol I am just playing for fun duuude", I've heard it too often. I want to progress, causing stupid wipes isn't exactly hilarious to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    I want to progress, causing stupid wipes isn't exactly hilarious to me.
    Thats taking "fun" a bit too serious.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    I do it because it is fun to advance from challenge to challenge. Building up your raid-team to master a bossfight is very awesome to me personally (I am doing the raid-leading/Main-Tanking atm).
    Sadly atm we don't have any chance of even getting to the next tier of raiding because we don't have enough people (pool of potential people is too low). Which kinda sucks, because we don't have anything to beat for months and people loose interest pretty quickly because of that (can't say I blame them tbh).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Thats taking "fun" a bit too serious.
    No its not, standing in voidstep spawning fire in melee so that you have to move the boss or maybe even wipe, standing in the wrong place with the marks in p3 on archie killing two tanks makes tumors grow in my brain and getting furious is the exact right reaction. The video with riggnaros raging on a disc priest is the reaction people who do that shit deserve.

Anyway, I raid because it is in my personal opinion the most fun that I can have playing video games.

Well it used to be to overcome the challenge of downing the final boss, completing the raid and to some degree get as close to BiS as possible. Starting in WOTLK where we first had our taste of multiple difficulties that all started to go away. Completing the raid at a lower difficulty, actually pretty much being forced to do so given how iLvl distribution is handled has pretty much killed off that whole part of the game, and with the multiple different versions of each piece of gear the gearing has lost its interest too I'm afraid.

So I've given up raiding, I don't see any evidence of Blizzard reversing their diablofication of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Yes, to some WoW is like "a job" (no offense to anyone here) and it's not meant to be enjoyed but just focus on to be the best, but if you do that burn-out is very easy.
    Pretty sure for such people, getting the best results possible is rewarding and offering tons of enjoyment. What else would they be doing it for?