Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ^This

Chi Torpedo + Victory Roll makes tanaan dailies a joke, you can pull 10+ mobs and literally roll over them until they're all dead.
    I wanted to thank you guys for bringing this to my attention. I'm a mistweaver slacker and barely know how to use the WW spec, so I did this for my dailies today. It was the most fun I've had in months. Semi-afk spamming the chi torpedo button singing "Rollin' on a riiiiverrr" to myself while all the mobs fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    It's the best for 0 encounters for Mistweavers, so that's 33.3% of the time baseline that it's shit.

When is it good for BrMs over RJW? When you have to run away and heal at the same time, and somehow don't have a Guard or EH available? It's pretty literally non-viable for use while you're actively tanking a boss and can't zoom around, and if you're not tanking the boss, you're not taking as much damage...

So essentially, you can't use it half the time on a boss, it's beaten by RJW 100% of the time as a MW, and not every fight has adds, which would put it as "the best choice" less than half the time.

This is why they're changing it.
    Torpedo > RJW for Brewmaster on pretty much anything with adds this tier. There's so much downtime in HFA that the burst is far more valuable than the sustain from RJW. For Kormrok, all the AoE damage is burst again, you'll get far more damage out of your 3 torpedos on the hands than you will out of RJW there, Iskar's add phases have a similar trend, Xhul/Manno imps die fast enough you can get Victory Roll resets pretty consistently (though hitting M Manno imps with it is difficult if you're not the 3rd tank).

For WW its actually better than/equal to Xuen single target on fights where the fight duration lines up badly with a 3min cd (a 2:30 kill, a 5:30 kill for instance).

This also doesnt take into account that its the best talent for questing 99% of the time because of victory roll, its always the best talent for CMs, and its good in pvp as well.

I'm both glad and sad this is gone.

I hate that we have to use a mobility skill as a DPS, but at the same time it's quite neat and unique.

So basically PvP for monks is going to be shittier than it was before.