Page 1 of 2
LastLast

any reason to set foot in story mode with seasonal character?

I've never spent much time with a seasonal character or enough with d3 for that matter, is there any reason to play through story mode? If so, should I wait until my character is 70?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want the boss legendaries, yes. If you don't care, no. You can achieve everything faster in adventure mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you want the boss legendaries, yes. If you don't care, no. You can achieve everything faster in adventure mode.
    Ok, kinda what i thought. I did go kill the skeleton king once i reached 23, didn't get the broken crown, got leorics crown. meh.

I'll probably just pick at story mode here and there as a change of pace then.

Deleted
    You may want the sprinter achievement/conquest, where you complete the story in under 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    You may want the sprinter achievement/conquest, where you complete the story in under 1 hour.
    can you start the story over? it's too late for that if you can't haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    can you start the story over? it's too late for that if you can't haha.
    Reset your quests!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Reset your quests!
    ok, that's easy enough. thanks!

Maltheal drops a guaranteed legendary or set item on the first kill by a character in story mode.

Probably not so awesome now that you can jump right into Torment 6 rifts or GR25-30 pretty much as soon as you ding 70, but it is still there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maltheal drops a guaranteed legendary or set item on the first kill by a character in story mode.

Probably not so awesome now that you can jump right into Torment 6 rifts or GR25-30 pretty much as soon as you ding 70, but it is still there.
    the crown from the skeleton king has a guaranteed socket, and if it's leoric's you can slap red gems in there for double the exp boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you still got story oriented achievements you're after.

I played through the story in S4 to get the speed run achievement (just 1 hour/Act, not for the whole thing). And then did most of it again, because I finally got a toon that I could use to get the 'no CC' achievements, and one of those bosses is Act IV story-only.

Deleted
    Ok, kinda what i thought. I did go kill the skeleton king once i reached 23, didn't get the broken crown, got leorics crown. meh.

I'll probably just pick at story mode here and there as a change of pace then.
    You always get Leoric's Crown in story mode when you get to level 20. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You always get Leoric's Crown in story mode when you get to level 20. Always.
    is it under 20 that you get the broken crown?

Deleted
    is it under 20 that you get the broken crown?
    As a guaranteed drop the first time you kill him? Yup. Also, Leoric's Crown is according to the level you killed him. So if you're re-/doing the story, at say, level 55, its level is 55.

But I'm not sure if this is the case for Broken Crown if you're 19 or bellow but I don't see why it wouldn't be.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2016-01-21 at 09:47 PM.

As a guaranteed drop the first time you kill him? Yup. Also, Leoric's Crown is according to the level you killed him. So if you're re-/doing the story, at say, level 55, its level is 55.

But I'm not sure if this is the case for Broken Crown if you're 19 or bellow but I don't see why it wouldn't be.
    It's no more a guaranteed drop, and best chances are around 21-23.

Also end act bosses drop a guaranteed legendary only if you're not 70 - malthael is the only one that drops one the first time you kill it even at 70.

Actually, until you want to do the speedracer conquest, there are no reasons to go into adventure mode if not for novelty.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Also end act bosses drop a guaranteed legendary only if you're not 70 - malthael is the only one that drops one the first time you kill it even at 70.

Actually, until you want to do the speedracer conquest, there are no reasons to go into adventure mode if not for novelty.
    Leoric's Crown isn't a guaranteed drop anymore? Pretty sure it is on the first run...

Leoric's Crown isn't a guaranteed drop anymore? Pretty sure it is on the first run...
    I didn't get it so i'm pretty sure XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I didn't get it so i'm pretty sure XD
    That's hella weird. Are you sure you were 20?

Maybe they upped the level at which it is guaranteed...? :x

That's hella weird. Are you sure you were 20?

Maybe they upped the level at which it is guaranteed...? :x
    I'm curious about this as well. I have to assume he wasn't 20+ when he killed him the first time on the char as I waited and got it. That was the whole point for him is that specific drop for leveling. Although with the gem of ease maybe they removed it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

you mean campaign?

in any case.

I got 70 a few nights ago and decided last night to just plow through the campaign mode on T1 to get my cube and kill any bosses needed for the season (since it counts and ill kill all of them doing campaign). I didn't get a legendary from diablo which i thought was weird but i did get some junk 1h legendary from malthael. /shrug

whatever, time to go attack bounties and rifts now i suppose.