Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

What are your thoughts on niche dating sites?

Have you ever used one? Would you?
    In the wake of tindr and okcupid taking online dating and sex into complete normalcy everyone seems to be doing it... in more ways than one.
    But what about sites for trainspotters? Or for the extremely clingy and obsessed (yandere)?

I'd personally feel kind of dirty hooking up on tindr, but niches seem like a good way to weed out 99% of the excess that wouldn't click

I'm still too ugly.

That's my thoughts.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    In the wake of tindr and okcupid taking online dating and sex into complete normalcy everyone seems to be doing it... in more ways than one.
    But what about sites for trainspotters? Or for the extremely clingy and obsessed (yandere)?

I'd personally feel kind of dirty hooking up on tindr, but niches seem like a good way to weed out 99% of the excess that wouldn't click

I met my Fiancee' on Geek to Geek, because I live in a small town and finding nerds is pretty hard, got tired of dating women into sports, fishing and hunting... So it worked for me. It's a small pond but at least the fish there are usually worth catching. Unlike places like match.com where I think that's more of a hook up site... they shouldn't even bother with profiles, just pictures because that's all people look at.

Nothing like being on a date from those sites and the girl saying "oh you have a kid how nice" Seriously did you even read my profile? Damn girl you could have least skimmed it before you went on the date to act like you actually care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I learned two new words today. That's all I'll say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really give a shit. Cowboy dating, Christian dating, furries, bdsm, who cares? It's a free internet.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

344 members total?

this seems like an ad
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I met my Fiancee' on Geek to Geek, .
    I tried Geek to Geek.

It kept matching me to people a state away or at the least, 2 hours away. Quickly caused me to turn that off.

Niche dating sites are whatever. Most times I assume they are weaker sites or not legit.

Plus i wouldn't want a niche site.

I came to the conclusion I dislike geeky girls. Many are weird. And many are super tumblr / feminist oriented.

But I am not exactly a sports guy, or "country boy" (hick) or a guy who beats off at the thought of protein shakes and working out.

It's a tough market.

People are nosey, get the fuck out of people's fetishes and sexual preferences. You're literally interested in what gets people's dicks/nips hard you creepy fuck.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I tried Geek to Geek.

It kept matching me to people a state away or at the least, 2 hours away. Quickly caused me to turn that off.

Niche dating sites are whatever. Most times I assume they are weaker sites or not legit.

Plus i wouldn't want a niche site.

I came to the conclusion I dislike geeky girls. Many are weird. And many are super tumblr / feminist oriented.

But I am not exactly a sports guy, or "country boy" (hick) or a guy who beats off at the thought of protein shakes and working out.

It's a tough market.
    Yeah its a small dating pool, there was maybe 10 girls I was willing to drive to, and most of them wasn't active for weeks. I went out with one a few years ago she was nice but not what I was looking for, (mostly irresponsible) I left my profile up for the hell of it even when I wasn't looking and I would get hit up now and then, Then almost 2 years ago my Fiancee messaged me. I really wasn't looking, just happy to be single, but decided what the hell, one date can't hurt and if I am not interested maybe I can make a friend... well I am glad I went on that date.

Online dating, well actually any dating sucks, especially if you're like me and picky as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some niche dating sites are weird, yet in a world where people complain about so much, they never seem to react on websites where you can be denied due to your job, income, haircolor or if you have a house or not. A ton of niche sites, almost too many.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they have their place, but not for me. My future life-mate can't be selected by filtering through categories. It just has to click. I've always pictured her as someone who looks like a tomboy yet acts like a socially reclusive princess. But chances are who I end up falling in love with will be a former cheerleader or something. That's how it works, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all online dating sites are a joke and a scam, I have personally never needed one, but from those I have talked to that used varies sites it would seem every single one did better on their own, male or female it didn't matter.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    People are nosey, get the fuck out of people's fetishes and sexual preferences. You're literally interested in what gets people's dicks/nips hard you creepy fuck.
    what's wrong with having some off topic conversation on that?

I would use the following niche site:

Hotrichwomenwhowanttodatefatpoorpeople.com

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I think all online dating sites are a joke and a scam, I have personally never needed one, but from those I have talked to that used varies sites it would seem every single one did better on their own, male or female it didn't matter.
    Think of it like a job application. You can filter out crazy people by the things they say. Also, the anonymous aspect of them (not being in your social circle) makes for easy starts and stops to the relationship.

Deleted
    This. I found the women that wanted to meet up with me from such websites to be very "flimsy" like they liked me but didn't liked me, or better put, I was ok untill they found someone better. As in go out first date, she's into me, everything is cool. Go on more dates. Than she's not responding. She tells me she meet someone else.

Dunno maybe I too old fashion but when I see a girl regularly, I don't see others. I don't "multitask" in dating.

Deleted
    Really statistics suggest otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    This. I found the women that wanted to meet up with me from such websites to be very "flimsy" like they liked me but didn't liked me, or better put, I was ok untill they found someone better. As in go out first date, she's into me, everything is cool. Go on more dates. Than she's not responding. She tells me she meet someone else.

Dunno maybe I too old fashion but when I see a girl regularly, I don't see others. I don't "multitask" in dating.
    Perhaps that's why you're single

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Perhaps that's why you're single
    I'd rather be that than jump on this "new" fad of short attention span.

Most are a scam .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'd rather be that than jump on this "new" fad of short attention span.
    Fad? You're aware online dating has been common for 15 years... Real statistics show online dating is a majority