Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I can just take control of a BG and dominate the field, so much so that I have little trouble winning. I just got back into PvP'ing a week after after not having done a BG in more than 2 years. Didn't take long to get some gear. My average daily wins are 10-3 to 15-7/8...

This is an average BG for me... And I am not the only one who experiences these types of BG's...

I used to have fun in BGs but now its full of human rerollers and most of the time horde loses. I actually the game a few days ago and dont really miss it much, i find it enough to just browse mmochamp instead of playing. hope legion pvp is better

10+ Year Old Account
    It's give and take for both sides.

Alliance has a higher win % but you have like 10-20 min queues.

Horde has lower win % but near instant queues.

Overall it probably equates to the same amount of wins per hour. With Alliance getting in like 2 games while Horde gets in 4.

Want to see rage? Try waiting 20min to get in a BG only to join an AB match where the other team is beating you 1350 to 600 -_-. Waste of 40 min because now you have to wait in another 20min queue for another game.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-01-21 at 10:06 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    On the other hand I won a WSG with zero healers versus Alliance who had three. It all depends on the teamwork.

Deleted
    When people in bgs just cap then leave, every time it gets recapped by invis...

If you're EU - EU BGs are just plagued by Russian Premades, why blizz linked Eu and russia is beyond me, but it has kinda messed it all up
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

There is just as many complaints on ally side. Random bg's are exactly that...random. With the exception of AV the record seems to sort itself out. There's days it seems we can't win and others that are faceroll. To think alliance has some major advantage because of human racial is just nonsense. High end PvP'ers where the racial might make a difference aren't queing for random bg's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    As horde from Kazzak, i cant basicly win a single bg. I dont even know anymore why i play bgs...i used to had fun.

Only today i lost already 3 bgs to 0...yes to 0. I mean...wtf!!! The teams were not at all unbalanced from the start.

Yesterday we lost even a Twin Peaks where we had 3 healers and alliance none (happens like once the year). Alliance was not even good geared...i thought our victory therefore might not be so heroic, but hey, at least a win. But noooo...

I cant even rage properly, its more just depressing xD
    Oh, is that why you guys from Kazzak and Stormscale go ganking lowbies everywhere?

Deleted
    I don't mind playing against premades. The only that is wrong and beyond me is why blizz can't f*king make is to match equally geared players with each others. It makes no sense when i queue for random and get against me players with full conquest gear. I'm trying to get my first pieces, i have trinkets and maybe 1-2 more items.. I can't even scratch 80% of my enemies.. The second i get cc'ed for more than 2s, i'm dead. I can bubble, try to run and die 10s later. As range i last a little longer, but it's just a matter of seconds till i get blown up by other rdps. The gap between players in the same bg is rediculus. And for some reason it's mostly my team with no gear :/
    After first 3-4 lost games i'm done. Last 3 days stats (W/L): 2-3, 1-4, 1-3. After 3 days no new gear kinda sucks. Can't really enjoy this.

Deleted
    Just do what I do... CARRY the bg yourself, that's the only fun there is these days. If you got 1 friend, then you 2 can easily carry most bg's. I often find myself winning and then I realize... "Well I was the only guy who did the objectives and we won, and it wouldn't happened if I didn't do my best". Those wins are quite satisfying. If you got 2-3 friends then it should be rather easy to win since most solo players just hk farm, for some reason.

I think if merc mode got an extra incentive, more ally would swap. I've played merc and love the queue times, but I have win a single merc game, so I've gone back to sitting in 7+ min queues. 25% more honor or something along those lines for merc mode would, I think, even the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    A solution would be to free the pvp at last. Make premades full again. At the end of the day let the player choose if they wanna organize their game and have more chance to win than go to BG and get destroyed as randoms. Atm this "5man premade" in a 10 to 15 man group doesn't solve anything. 5 organized players can't win vs 15 randoms. Or well they could but its very hard.
    You can dominate every 10/15man BG as 5 player party.

When Blizzard refuses to remove the racial that is OP this is what happens.

PVPers don't play this game because of lore, or what race looks best, they play to win, and when a single race has a required item BAKED into it... well I mean I dunno what else to say. It's like they don't play their own game any more. So I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    A solution would be to free the pvp at last. Make premades full again. At the end of the day let the player choose if they wanna organize their game and have more chance to win than go to BG and get destroyed as randoms. Atm this "5man premade" in a 10 to 15 man group doesn't solve anything. 5 organized players can't win vs 15 randoms. Or well they could but its very hard.

Another solution would be make all BGs equal aka rated. Let everyone gain rates simple as that. Back in vanilla wow everyone gained ranks depending on wins or BG /played. It worked. Complete freedom. You wanna push rating you go organized and push rating. You want to be casual about it sure but you still gain rating or lose rating and most of all you PARTICIPATE.

The more players participate the harder it is for teams to dodge each other or win trade or do whatever. Rated BGs need a greater player pool so I think that would be good.
    So you're saying that if you have 5 relevant players (I assume using a voice chat) AND 10 random idiots, you can't win a BG against 15 random players, some of them will be decent, and some will be idiots? I'd say you should stomp every BG you enter, UNLESS the other side also has a premade. Then it can go both ways, the side with the better premade or with less random idiots will win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    I think if merc mode got an extra incentive, more ally would swap. I've played merc and love the queue times, but I have win a single merc game, so I've gone back to sitting in 7+ min queues. 25% more honor or something along those lines for merc mode would, I think, even the field.
    I win merc games all the time. In fact, I almost exclusively queue merc.

Queue merc and exclude AV + IoC. Queue times are 30-40 seconds and you win like 45% of the time.

Horde don't actually lose that many more BGs than Alliance. Most of the overall BG wins for ally rest on AV and IoC. Horde win more AB, SotA & Silvershard. Most winrates hover between 45-55%, with WSG and Kotmogu being 46% horde winrates, which is the lowest of any apart from AV and IoC. There's no data for EotS but in my experience horde win that a lot more as well. It's just that ally win rate for AV and IoC is so massively above horde winrate that it skews the data.

Makes basically no sense to queue as ally unless you're feeling lucky enough to get IoC or AV. You're just queueing for 7-15 minutes for a big chance of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I win merc games all the time. In fact, I almost exclusively queue merc.

Queue merc and exclude AV + IoC. Queue times are 30-40 seconds and you win like 45% of the time.

Horde don't actually lose that many more BGs than Alliance. Most of the overall BG wins for ally rest on AV and IoC. Horde win more AB, SotA & Silvershard. Most winrates hover between 45-55%, with WSG and Kotmogu being 46% horde winrates, which is the lowest of any apart from AV and IoC. There's no data for EotS but in my experience horde win that a lot more as well. It's just that ally win rate for AV and IoC is so massively above horde winrate that it skews the data.

Makes basically no sense to queue as ally unless you're feeling lucky enough to get IoC or AV. You're just queueing for 7-15 minutes for a big chance of losing.

AV and IoC don't count and you should feel ashamed for not taking them off your pvp list

I mean what the fuck dude, do you enjoy punishment?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    AV and IoC don't count and you should feel ashamed for not taking them off your pvp list

I mean what the fuck dude, do you enjoy punishment?
    Well I mean I literally said in the 2nd line that I exclude AV and IoC I DO take them off my PvP list.

They just need to make it so each faction can match up against the same faction as well. RBGs already can queue ally vs ally or horde vs horde, yet random BGs fail this. AvA/HvH would make an even matchup and also significantly reduce the queue times

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    They just need to make it so each faction can match up against the same faction as well. RBGs already can queue ally vs ally or horde vs horde, yet random BGs fail this. AvA/HvH would make an even matchup and also significantly reduce the queue times
    Or just stop making specific startpoints. its so simple. make it 50/50 where you start, so in a AV horde has a chance to spawn on the top.
    People would remove blacklists, and queues would go down, and winratios of specific bgs would balance out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The art of losing, it's the art I have never been able to master. It's the reason I don't like voice chat when it's a rated battleground or arena. I'd rather just plow through all the rated pvp YOLO/non-voice - and just hit easymode challenger then actually having to talk to a bunch of assholes and have to deal with VOICE rage.

idk, just me?
    I used to feel the same way then found a group of people I got along with and learned how to target call because we wanted to push but no one was really stepping up to the task. Even when things get rough I keep a positive outlook because I know from experience that negativity doesn't make anyone want to play better.

The problem with WoW groups isn't that "most players are *insert derogatory term*", it's that there is a lack of willingness to communicate pointers without being an asshole.