Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm sitting here very much honestly - not sarcastically at all - trying to tell if you're being serious here, or if that's satire.
    There's nothing funny about non-black people using the n word. The n word has completely different connotations when it's uttered by a white person where as when used colloquially between two black people it's used as a term of endearment. And this is what I meant when I said black people have reclaimed the n word, that is, they used a word that was popularised by white people to demonised them and turned it into something positive. In fact that is why the n word right now is synonymous with camaraderie as it's a reminder of the pain black people share - racism.

Deleted
    Amy Schumer isn't funny, has been a hypocrite for a while now, and I'm really starting to wish that twitter would just disappear so we can stop getting "news" about how offended white girls with iphones are on other people's behalf.

Honestly, the best thing about this thread is Shinra getting baited into a debate about the words "nigger"/"nigga" before page 1 was even over YET AGAIN. 10 points to that guy.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-01-19 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Stop pretending like the n word is like just any other word - it's not. The black community has reclaimed the word and changed it's meaning from something quite derogatory and downright disgusting to something less threatening. White people should not attempt to derail from the great strides that black people have made in making the word less hostile.

Ps. please stop typing it all out, saying the 'n-word' should suffice. I'm uncomfortable with you, and others, typing the full word out. Hint: there's really no need. Unless of course you're making a childish point by using it under the veil of free speech
    Are you black? Actually, that doesn't matter.

Words do not belong to a "community". If saying Nigger is okay for one, it is okay for all. If it is bad, it is bad.

You can't have this bullshit double standard. Especially when the biggest issue you preach is equality.

Also: We all know what "the N-word" is. If you wanna be a fag about it and try to act like Nigga/Nigger/ N-word are somehow dfifferent things then that is your problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    There's nothing funny about non-black people using the n word. The n word has completely different connotations when it's uttered by a white person where as when used colloquially between two black people it's used as a term of endearment. And this is what I meant when I said black people have reclaimed the n word, that is, they used a word that was popularised by white people to demonised them and turned it into something positive. In fact that is why the n word right now is synonymous with camaraderie as it's a reminder of the pain black people share - racism.
    I have several white friends and two I consider more "Hood" than most of my black friends. If Michael and Kevin dropped an N'bomb, no one would bat an eye. Because chances are the N word isn't even relevant to the point they are making. It's like dropping an F word.

Example: "That nigga think he gonna roll up on my dawg and I aint gonna do nothin!?"

Speaking about a light hispanic guy trying to jump his friend.

Tell me that's racist cause he is white?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I think you misunderstood that, offending Amy Schumer is impossible. I have a suspicion that she has slowly come to regret the image that she created for herself. And I think her material in the future will become gradually less sexual in nature because of this.
    I feel this too. I may be clueless (come on she is rich and all) but I think it's starting to get to her. I totally see her not wanting to be seen that way anymore. Like how celebs sometimes try to transform their image. She is a comic yeah, but I see her trying to be seen as a serious actress and a figure that should be taken more seriously than just a slightly overweight white girl proud that she can still get dick