Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nobody was treating her like shit. Sorry you're unable to understand the very obvious fact that he's joking in the exact same way she is and isn't actually saying she's a slut.

- - - Updated - - -

He. Wasn't. Legitimately. Calling. Her. A. Slut.

How do you not get this? Is your brain really unable to process humor?
    Exactly.

It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Pretty much. It's like when people whine about 'Inappropriate Humour', when comedy more or less depends upon being inappropriate.
    She describes herself as an advocate for 'non-PC' humor and basis 99% of her comedy around her sexuality and promiscuity.

Now she cries foul when someone is being 'non-PC' with their joke and uses her sexuality and promiscuity for a joke.

This is pure, flagrant hypocrisy, and the fact that people are literally incapable of grasping this simple thing makes me lose faith in humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yes, you can. Her comedy routine about her past does not mean shes open to any sort of attack because of it.
    Have you even seen her actual routine? She doesn't only joke about being a slut in her past. She talks about it in the present constantly.

Which is really all irrelevant, since the kid was making a joke in reference to her own comedy routine and wasn't legitimately calling her a slut.

This is pure, flagrant hypocrisy, and the fact that people are literally incapable of grasping this simple thing makes me lose faith in humanity.
    SJWs and the PC Police cannot process basic humor or satire.

Deleted
    That's not even slut-shaming, and it was funnier than anything Amy Schumer has ever said.

What? To not confuse a comedy routine with everyday life?

"Oh man she said slut on stage, that means I can call her a slut and insult her" That's your thinking.
    Who was the one who was talking about hitting all check marks in this thread and complaining about people presenting their opinion as fact?

Oh yeah, that was you.

Yes, you can. Her comedy routine about her past does not mean shes open to any sort of attack because of it.
    This was obviously a joke. Not an attack. It shouldn't really be an issue when someone makes a joke about someone who makes the same kind of jokes about themselves repeatedly, and has even made a career out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    17 year old makes the exact same joke Schumer's made about herself a dozen times. What a giant dick.

Hope he goes to jail.

The guy is 17. Since when do opinions of kid matter. Just ignore him and move on with your life.

so let me get this straight

he made a stupid "joke" aimed at her

she then got offended and specifically told her legion of followers to attack him until he apologized

the legion of followers accepted the command and attacked him

forcing him to apologize?

or did that not happen and everyone here is just overreacting to what some random people on the internet harassed some guy about because of his tweet

just like some random people overreacted about some tweet sent by some random guy

i imagine its the latter, and i think it's funny how it's ok to overreact to things as long as its directed at feminists

because hypocrisy is funny

What a joke, her entire career revolves around talking about how many dicks she can take.

This just makes me think back on Hitchens.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    The guy is 17. Since when do opinions of kid matter. Just ignore him and move on with your life.
    It really shouldn't, but he was dogpiled by hundreds and thousands of people on Twitter and Tumblr because Schumer was a giant hypocrite and seemingly was triggered by an innocuous repeating of one of her own COMMON jokes about herself.

Seems like a little known kid that runs a website got near a star, was smart enough to drum up some controversy to draw attention to himself (and thus to his site), posts an "apology" and promptly forgets about it (Much as I'm sure the actress forgot about it a 2nd later. Why should she care that some ugly nobody kid with a website nobody cares about insulted her on TWITTER of all places? Answer: She probably doesn’t, but I bet her people made her respond so she could reap some benefit from the "controversy" herself.)

I've already forgotten what the kids website is as I write this and surely won't visit it. I imagine he'll be another internet critic nobody in a few days.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I'm agreeing with a Shinra thread, strange world.

But no, the kid shouldn't have had to apologize as she has made light of her own promiscuity in the past, anybody getting upset for him doing it, would be searching for something else to be butt hurt about otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

One has nothing to do with the other. Pretend your a human. You meet this kid and his dad, think they are nice people. The next thing you read is him taking a shot at you. Maybe you are simply disappointed, which it looks like she was.

Side note, unless I missed something about her telling her followers to attack this kid, which I cant find.
    He made a joke. He didn't take a shot at her.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

One has nothing to do with the other. Pretend your a human. You meet this kid and his dad, think they are nice people. The next thing you read is him taking a shot at you. Maybe you are simply disappointed, which it looks like she was.

Side note, unless I missed something about her telling her followers to attack this kid, which I cant find.
    We are humans. Humans with a healthy sense of humor, that realize that if we were to make a career out of talking about how big our dicks are, while simultaneously talking about how we're is anti-PC and that comedy should have no limits, we would realize that we would have no leg to stand on if someone made a dick joke to us.

You, Amy Schumer and the Tumblr Womyn Defense Brigade (read: Harassment Brigade) are the only ones who don't seem to grasp simple concepts like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

The person you quoted didn't say that they should be thankful for slavery, he said they should be thankful they don't live in Africa, which they should be.

But you go and run off with your hands over your ears and retreat into whatever fairy world you want, i'll stay here in reality.

The implication of saying that black people should be thankful they don't live in Africa is that they should be by extension thankful to white slavers for enslaving their ancestors when they did which is the actual reason why they are not living in Africa today. You're grasping at straws which is why you're arguing semantics and only half reading what the user said because deep down you harbour some not so sweet views towards black people and minorities in general.

Africa would not be the way it is today if white people did not pluck them and transport them across a very big sea and cut them off from their homeland. When you take all the fit, able-bodied and young people you are left with a population that cannot sustain itself. Look at what is happening to the UK today where there's a major issue with an aging population that cannot be sustained at this current rate.

My message to the user who stemmed this discussion, which you interrupted, was to think before you speak and nothing more.

You might think its a funny joke, clearly she did not.
    We don't care. A joke doesn't have to be funny to her to be legitimate or justified. Comedy doesn't need to justify itself.

Deleted
    The joke was awesome and he shouldn't apologize if it was a fucking joke.

Yes, I won't accept that someone saying something in a comedy routine means they are never allowed to be offended or hurt by that word again.
    That's too bad for you then, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    We don't care. A joke doesn't have to be funny to her to be legitimate or justified. Comedy doesn't need to justify itself.
    comedy justifies itself not to rationality but to its own relevance insomuch that intellect needs to prove that comedy has the right bearing despite itself and what comedy is saying