Just came back to D3, havent played since before Reaper

I havent played in a long time. I was able to pick up RoS for 15 bucks so I went ahead and grabbed it. I have a 32 Witch Doctor and 52 Barbarian. I have no idea what I should do. I want to play WD since it seems pretty under represented. Should i pick up where i left off or would i be better off starting over?

Playing season is pretty fun... it's a fresh start and a new season just started.
    Play whatever class interests you... don't worry about what is "the best" or "least popular".

10+ Year Old Account
    I also took a break for quite some time and just started playing again.

My original character was a Witch Doctor. I loved the class, but it felt a little under powered back in the day. Since then, I have created a Barbarian, Wizard, and Monk. I have them all pretty well geared up and they are all a blast. I'll soon be gearing up the Witch Doctor to get him up to date.

I have found, like getupkid55 (great band by the way), it doesn't really matter what class you play. They have made enough adjustments to where any class is viable at high Greater Rift levels. I have all 3 of my geared up characters doing GR9 and GR10 at this point after just 2 weeks of playing.

I suggest hitting up some fan sites such as Icy Veins or even right here on mmo-champion to find some tried and tested builds just so you can get a feel for how characters perform now-a-days. Of course make adjustments to the build as you see fit to make it more comfortable for your play style.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Well, the game currently revolves around seasons - while not mandatory at all (meaning you can play entirely non-season) they provide a lot of additional objectives via the season journey with related rewards. I suggest you to play them.

For builds/class info, i suggets you to check the sticky guide posted in this forum or diablo fans; i'd avoid IcyVeins altogheter because most fo the info there is copy/paste from other sources and multiple times i have found that they're not realiable at all.

And most important, play what you feel more entertaining. All classes are viable, meaning they can complete the season journey with no issue and some effort (some classes less than others). Don't let you be distracted from ladders - tehre will always be the best combo due to synergies and such, but that is another completely different game and reaching high ladder spost doesn't net you anything in game at the end.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, the game currently revolves around seasons - while not mandatory at all (meaning you can play entirely non-season) they provide a lot of additional objectives via the season journey with related rewards. I suggest you to play them.

For builds/class info, i suggets you to check the sticky guide posted in this forum or diablo fans; i'd avoid IcyVeins altogheter because most fo the info there is copy/paste from other sources and multiple times i have found that they're not realiable at all.

And most important, play what you feel more entertaining. All classes are viable, meaning they can complete the season journey with no issue and some effort (some classes less than others). Don't let you be distracted from ladders - tehre will always be the best combo due to synergies and such, but that is another completely different game and reaching high ladder spost doesn't net you anything in game at the end.
    Icey Veins has been pretty good for me so far, but i'll have to review some other guides to see what you are talking about. I'll of course adjust builds as needed.

I kinda wish consoles had Season play. I feel like i'm missing out. = /

Deleted
    Highly reccomend playing in the season if you as yet don't have any max level chars. You lose nothing but gain a really easy to track set of goals and objectives as Coldkil says.

You will also get that extra bank stash, which is invaluable, if you progress far enough in the journey. There's lots of people offering out powerleveling help in the season, but I would have a good think before you take anyone up on their offer, since you learn a lot about how to play your class as you level them up. If you do go down that route, look for the powerleveling community.

Personally I'd pick the Barbarian over the Witch Doctor, if you want to stick to current characters, however if you pick playing season then you can pick any of them. One thing to note, that as part of the season journey, you will unlock a free 6-piece set with a single character. You get packages that when opened give you the set items, so if you are uncertain about your class, don't open them as soon as you get them (put them in the bank).

In my opinion, the Crusader benefits the most from the free set, with the Demon Hunter coming in second. However the Demon hunter set is melee orientated, so if you prefer ranged and are expecting DH to get a ranged set, you've been warned!

The Wizard is a good pick this season, however the free (firebird) set is very lack lustre.

I'm not very knowledgable on the old WD, but I hear they are good because they move around very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSM View Post
    I havent played in a long time. I was able to pick up RoS for 15 bucks so I went ahead and grabbed it. I have a 32 Witch Doctor and 52 Barbarian. I have no idea what I should do. I want to play WD since it seems pretty under represented. Should i pick up where i left off or would i be better off starting over?
    My opinion? Take a look at the new season, and make a new seasonal character. You get a free 6 piece set that allows you to do Torment 6 right off the bat. It is also where most of the playerbase is at now, and has a number of rewards such as vanity rewards, and an extra stash space.

Witch Doctor is pretty decent, and has a spot in the highest group composition (Although you, personally, should probably not worry about it). The free set you get is based on DoTs, Jade Harvester set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSM View Post
    You cant go wrong with any of the classes honestly. I main a WD and it is by far the most fun class, although I will add charge barbs and thorns saders are fun but get rather boring after a bit, imo. One thing though, if you do go WD, dump the jade set asap and try to get helltooth. That set will get you through so much more than jade. You can also use your "free" set on another class of your choosing, I would suggest crusader or barb for that.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2016-02-05 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Icey Veins has been pretty good for me so far, but i'll have to review some other guides to see what you are talking about. I'll of course adjust builds as needed.

I kinda wish consoles had Season play. I feel like i'm missing out. = /
    Unfortunately consoles is plagued by hacks/dupes, making it a very bad territory for seasons.

The consequences of offline playing (like in D2 there was Jamella and similar trainers/character editors).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    The Wizard is a good pick this season, however the free (firebird) set is very lack lustre.
    I have been having an absolute blast with my Tal Rasha Wizard.

Blizzard, Hydra, Twister, and Shock Pulse. Got each element, and I hardly have to stop moving. Only occasionally to get some arcane power back with Shock Pulse. All in all, it is a pretty fun class build to play.

play whatever you enjoy playing. Reaching 2 levels more in Grift because youre playing the "OP" char will probably be cool at first, but will bore you quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Start a Seasonal character.

You will not regret it.